FM4 Clio Championship S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Clio.png

I have worked out most the details for the Clio Championship, see below.
I also need some info from anyone interested in signing up, see below.

Car: Renault Sports Clio V6 (Stock)
Assists: To be announced
Upgrades: Banned
Setup: Allowed

Tracks (11)
Sebring International Raceway - Club (1.70 Mi)
Mugello – Club (1.79 Mi)
Sedona Raceway Park – Club (2.02 Mi)
Silverstone - International (2.25 Mi)
Indianapolis - The Brickyard Speedway (Oval) (2.50 Mi)
Bernese Alps – Club (2.52 Mi)
Road Atlanta - Full (2.54 Mi)
Suzuka - West (2.15 Mi)
Twin RIng Motegi - East (1.88 Mi)
Circuit de Catalunya - National (1.85 Mi)
Laguna Seca (2.24 Mi)

Info
  • There will be 1 test event before the Championship starts, points will not be counted for this event.
  • Each race event will be 2 heats, with 10 laps each heat.
  • Heat 1 Normal grid (random I think).
  • Heat 2 reverse grid.
  • It will auto load Heat 2 I have no control over that.
  • Events should be no longer than 50 minutes for both heats.
  • I will set the timeout to 2 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allowed. (It will be the case of picking another driver to make the team up and I will do the points after the race).
  • Events will be once every 2 weeks and start at 8.30pm UK time.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
Info I need from people interested in signing up
Do you want to allow all assists, or just set ones, if so what ones?
Driving/braking line will be turned on as I use it.

How do you want to handle connection issues?
I am thinking allow 10 minutes for connection issues, so that is 1 hour in total, but I would like to hear your ideas. I will open the lobby 10 / 15 minutes before the event starts.

2nd 8
3rd 6
4th 5
5th 4
6th 3
7th 2
8th 1
Fastest lap 1

Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback or questions please post them, I would like to hear them :D.

Signed up
clio_signups.png

Reserved Numbers
Dylan Hember - 7
Derek McCord - 14
Andrew Skinner - 22

Race Calendar
clio_calendar.png

Cheers guys enjoyed that as usual. Firstly soz for the kiss on Tom in race 2 and to Wayne in race 2 for smacking you quite hard from behind, i was well out of shape,hope it didnt ruin your race to much, soz again!:confused: Secondly nightmare for you Dan, 2 disconnects! thats rubbish, i used to get that in F1, sooo frustrating I know how you feel:mad: Would of been 2 easy wins aswell, although i think i would of clawed the 800m back and passed ya on the last half a lap remaining!!:rolleyes:

Heat 1
10 - Steve Freeman / FREAKSTER69
8 - Chris Bell / Bellmond570
6 - Karl Raper / xxkArLo5xx
5 - Wayne Thomas DefytheMachine
4 - Paulo Ribeiro / pribeiro66
3 - Ash Kendall / GetUpKidAK
2 - Stefan Liversidge / stefan 4
1 - Mike Raper / M1LKY8AR K1D
0 - Tom Moreno / TomMoreno
0 - Dylan Hember / H3MB3RD
0 - Krzysztof Lipczynski / LKRISS22
0 - Garry Pullen / Crazy BigGaz
6 - Dan Smith / MysticViibrosis (Fastest lap and half point as should of come 1st but got disconnected)

Heat 2
10 - Chris Bell / Bellmond570
8 - Ash Kendall / GetUpKidAK
6 - Steve Freeman / FREAKSTER69
5 - Stefan Liversidge / stefan 4
4 - Tom Moreno / TomMoreno
3 - Wayne Thomas DefytheMachine
2 - Paulo Ribeiro / pribeiro66
1 - Krzysztof Lipczynski / LKRISS22
0 - Mike Raper / M1LKY8AR K1D
0 - Garry Pullen / Crazy BigGaz
0 - Dylan Hember / H3MB3RD
0 - Mike Raper / M1LKY8AR K1D
0 - Karl Raper / xxkArLo5xx
6 - Dan Smith / MysticViibrosis (Fastest lap and half point as should of come 1st but got disconnected)

Fantastic racing tonights, guys. Maybe a bit too much action at times!

Sorry to Tom for the knock on race one! It was just after the hairpin when about six cars entered it within about second of each other. I'd been following you for a while, but I completely lost track of you amongst the other cars and came straight across the front of you just before we went under the bridge. We had a really nice battle up to that point, so apologies!

What the hell happened to Dylan in the first race?! Just had a look at the replay and it car literally just took off and ended up on it's side coming down the start/finish straight!

Also, apologies to Paulo for the incident on the last lap of Heat 2. I imagine you know what happened since you were about 5 yards down the road from me, but I completely lost it in turn three and slid across the track in front of you. I didn't actually realise how badly it affected you until I saw the replay, so I'm really sorry! If it's any consolation, Steve nearly gave me a heart attack at the rate he was catching me!

I'm stuck on the night shift at work tonight so I decided to give my Clio a much needed tweak on the paint-job front. I've used the same colours, so hopefully nobody objects!

Me and Stefan were planning on being a team (forgot we needed a team name!), so I've borrowed a bit from his design. There's no stripe down the back though, so it doesn't look alike from that angle.

CJ5oI.jpg

And the back:

YCzzf.jpg

Also, apologies to Paulo for the incident on the last lap of Heat 2. I imagine you know what happened since you were about 5 yards down the road from me, but I completely lost it in turn three and slid across the track in front of you. I didn't actually realise how badly it affected you until I saw the replay, so I'm really sorry! If it's any consolation, Steve nearly gave me a heart attack at the rate he was catching me!

It could be my first podium :) , but it was completely unintentional, you did lost it. My first thoughts were, OMG from 3rd to 7th when only remains 1 minute to the end and without close pressure behind me... :eek: but don't worry Ash it was just a race incident. ;)

Two races with great racing and close battles. Krzysztof and Ash mainly, and also the usual Chris and Karl duo always trying
to overtaking me... and doing it. :rolleyes: I must find Dick Dastarly and Mutley's contact as soon as possible. :D
Undoubtedly, slower cars + wide tracks = fun and great races!

Congrats to all.

Cheers

First heat I had damage after putting Dylan back on his wheels and the car kept pulling to the left, had that for a 4/5 laps if I remember, which is why I got lapped twice.

First heat went ok, I had a good grid position but had a very scruffy opening lap and i ended up down in 6th ish with Paulo just up ahead. Stefan got a good run on me on to the straight heading for the bridge, i had Karl right behind and looking for an overtake, i dont remember how we passed Stefan, we then started to put pressure on Paulo he ran wide at Becketts and that let me and Karl through, after a few postion changes with Karl id got out of shape into turn 1 which gave Karl a good run up the outside, managed to get enough drive to keep him behind but had to take a shallow entry into the chicane, i braked early and Karl caught the back of me, had a half spin and lost a couple of places, managed to get back on track and take a couple of places to get to third but Steve and Dan where a long long way ahead! Then Dan disconnected, gifted 2nd!!

Second heat went much better, started from the back of the grid, followed Tom through the carnage and we both got through ok! Had a good few dices with Paulo and Kriss, managed to get passed but again Dan was a little too far to do anything about. I think he had a little moment which helped me catch up a little but the he was away again until his 2nd disconnection gifted me the win! Would have prefered to have had a battle with Dan but al take any points i can!! :)

I had a bit of a mare in heat 1, and just got out of the flow into turn 1 just after i passed you chris, I was well of the track and dropped back massively.

Heat 2 was much better for me, really close racing, I think it was me and tom battling for second, I was catching, made my move, but we nudged into each other, went wide allowing ash and other past dropping me to 5th or 6th. then managaed to keep intouch and made my way through th ecarnage to claim 4th after dans disconnect. Dan - how the hell are you so boody FAST!!!! i thought a a high 1.39 was fast, i just doen see where that extra second is.

Great racing though guys, can't wait till the next meet. :)

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%