AC Classic Cars: Lotus 25@Deutschlandring, Tue 1st August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
As for pay mods, i have been on grids of more than 30 cars with RSS F1 1970 which drives great and can be used with or without wings. Again, cost of a coffee out but well worth the effort. Maybe we could use it. Many skins and probably bigger grids if promoted.
Online racing? If online, can you point me to the league racing them? Thanks!

I just drove the 49 around tonights track and it was fine. I had forgot i had a few safe setups for it and it was good. There are hundreds of good tracks on our hard drives we cannot use which is a shame. How are we with Sergio Loro tracks? He makes them from scratch for AC and Rfactor2 i believe converting back and forth but all his own work. It would be great if we could use them as they are very good. All 60's versions of all the great tracks. Check out F3 classic tracks website for those who don't know. Examples are Watkins Glen, Suzuka, Stardust, Sandevoerde etc. A few are pay mods but most of us don't mind that i am sure.
I don't see why we can't use the free mods on the f3 classic tracks website - what's Han's view?

Online racing? If online, can you point me to the league racing them? Thanks!
Have you not seen THR Laurent? They are half way through a season and the grids are always full. Early races they had to run two races as there were around forty entrants. Mika who sometimes races with us can also be found on there. Great bunch of guys and you will have some company at the front of the grid for sure.

Have you not seen THR Laurent? They are half way through a season and the grids are always full. Early races they had to run two races as there were around forty entrants. Mika who sometimes races with us can also be found on there. Great bunch of guys and you will have some company at the front of the grid for sure.
Interesting.. can't find it. Found something about horse racing but I'm sure that's not what I am after :D Can you drop me a PM please?

I don't share that view myself.. the Lotus 49 is great on the tracks we have been running as well. I have good memories of it on tracks like Feldbergring, Zandvoort, Sudschleife etc You don't need particularly fast tracks for it.
Very true, but you are most certainly in the advanced skill level category of drivers in the target group for these events IMO. I can understand a host wanting to offer combos that are more inclusive and geared towards fun and easy access to those at an earlier stage in their sim racing journey or who have limited time for practice.

I think there's defo a place for racing more advanced combos. I find the thrill of getting it (almost) right very addictive. But by the same token, when you just can't get in the zone and really struggle to understand why... well that can be very frustrating. You could lose drivers and lower participation numbers.

So I agree that the 49 should be reserved for easier tracks to begin with. I love the car, but for those who don't know it yet, simple tracks make sense IMO. Once there is a pool of drivers who have got to grips with the car, have a base setup and know roughly how to adjust it for different tracks - then possibly bring in some more advanced tracks.

All just my opinion of course. I'll race lawn mowers if they have a H - pattern shifter. :D

Han has said to me he does not like them. He thinks they are all ovals but there are a few i don't think he tried.
But the fact that I don't like them, doesn't mean they can't be used. I only said that because I'm not going to use them.
And fo the paid mods, it's also OK but I have found so much free mods that I don't find it necessary at the moment to use paid mods. But feel free to do so.

Last edited:
Thanks.
Another question: I try to join RD discord server. I clic on the race car in the "Read-this-first" channel, but the number below the car increase to 4 then return to 3 and nothing change in the server. Could you help with that?
PM sent with the necessary information.
Regarding Discord: did you synchronize your RD account with your Discord account with the link in the 1st post?
If you have done that, you should be able to navigate to our channel like in the picture in the PM.

I like Deutschlandring now! :) I think this is one of Fat Alfie's most technical tracks. You can gain a lot of time by being brave here but it's harder on this track to be on the limit compared to the other ones. At least that's how I see it.

Pleasantly surprised with Mathieu joining and being so quick! My first qualifying lap was great and I was on a 1'42.X but messed up the last corner being a bit too cautious and not getting the line right. It would have been very close with Mathieu and that shows how evenly matched we were. I didn't try chasing the time as starting from P2 here you can get a good draft to take the lead anyway. Congrats with the pole Mathieu!

Race start I could indeed get the draft and just barely got ahead before the downhill part. My car radar wasn't working so I had to judge a bit where he was sitting behind using my mirrors and crew chief. For 3-4 laps he was sitting right behind me until I shifted a tiny bit too early into second gear at the bottom and locked my rear axle. Luckily I was able to prevent sliding into the bridge there but it was very close! Denis was now on my tail. I was very surprised to see him there considering his single lap pace was two seconds slower. Maybe the balance with a full tank worked better for him. From there I was chasing Mathieu who was now 3 seconds in front.. until he spun a few laps later. I saw a lot of smoke from him spinning and took the lead again. He was now behind Denis. At some point I saw him drop back to about 9 seconds from me. I still had to pit and knew my box was at the very start of the pits and I had to slow down a lot or I would overshoot it. I did slow down too much but made my pit box. When exiting Mathieu was only 3 seconds behind with 14 minutes to go. His box was probably further ahead and he could go in hot. So it was heads down and try to keep the gap until the flag from here which I did. Very happy with the race and the win! Congrats to Mathieu, great display of skill there, hopefully we'll see him more often at our races. Congrats to Denis with the race pace! Surprised to see Allan so far back but sometimes tracks just don't suit you.

Thanks for organizing these Colin, they are a blast!

Last edited:

Latest News

Back