AC Classic Cars: Lotus 25@Deutschlandring, Tue 1st August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
David-Coulthard-Lotus-25-Silverstone.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This week we go to the Deutschlandring, Hitler's race track!

Commissioned by the Führer himself, it was intended as a formidable competitor for the Nordschleife. It was partly built by prisoners from a nearby concentration camp and the German Grand Prix was planned for 1940. That never happened because of WW2 and after that the track was behind the Iron Curtain. The circuit is now part of the existing road network with a number of adjustments to limit speed and increase safety.

This dark history aside, it's a great track with three very different sectors. A long straight where the cars will reach their top speed. A slow sector with many hairpin bends where turning the cars is the challenge and a tricky sector with fast corners where a mistake is easily made.

This event will be hosted by @JamKart22

1666817870365.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/9bb3057a-a150-40ca-845c-17ce1767e64b?server=1 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 2 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

• Cars:
    • Lotus 25
  • Track: Deutschlandring, Germany https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/deutschlandring.25977/
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: mandatory, at least 1 liter of fuel.

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Enjoying watching the times come down on the practice server. Perhaps @cerebralvortex can put a lap in so we know what the max is :)
Oh, is this next weeks race? I'm not so good at Deutschlandring haha. Besides, I see Allan also set lap times and I don't claim to be faster than him! Unless he is sandbagging this time :) I probably won't have time to practice until then, so I might join without prep. From what I see the times are pretty close right now, that's great!

Last edited:
Don't forget to sign up!

Next week, I'm thinking of the Lotus 49 at the Sachenring 67. It's quite a long wide track and suited to the faster 49. Are folks up for the odd change of car or should I stick with the Lotus 25?

If we go with the Lotus 49 I can also add the well matched Ferrari 312/67 :)

Last edited:
Humm, I see now I participated in some without registering, so I'm not in the results.. P2 at Zolder and P1 at Meadowdale.

I think I often forget to register for these races :redface:

Lotus 49 please!

Last edited:
Humm, I see now I participated in some without registering, so I'm not in the results.. P2 at Zolder and P1 at Meadowdale.

I think I often forget to register for these races :redface:

Lotus 49 please!
We've only been scoring points since I took over the 'championship'. So You've not lost any points. It's not a real championship anyway. Just a convenient way to organise the events.

We'll run a real Fat-Alfie championship latter in the year to coincide with the one Han runs.

Don't forget to sign up!

Next week, I'm thinking of the Lotus 49 at the Sachenring 67. It's quite a long wide track and suited to the faster 49. Are folks up for the odd change of car or should I stick with the Lotus 25?

If we go with the Lotus 49 I can also add the well matched Ferrari 312/67 :)
Either Lotus is good for me. The 49 is fast but I reckon that, once people get used to setting it up, times will tumble.

A note of caution from Colin Chapman (one of the Lotus 49 designers) which never gets boring IMO. "Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong -- look what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."

I think we should stick with the 25 for now. The 49 is a totally different beast needing a lot more skill and why change a formula that is working maybe?

I'm only considering the faster cars if I come across a circuit I think they would suit. Something like Monza 66 would be a bit tame in a 25 but is a blast in the 49. There is a great spa 66 mod (which we can't use :() that is also fantastic in the 49.

I'd welcome circuit suggestions if you have any?

I'm only considering the faster cars if I come across a circuit I think they would suit. Something like Monza 66 would be a bit tame in a 25 but is a blast in the 49. There is a great spa 66 mod (which we can't use :() that is also fantastic in the 49.

I'd welcome circuit suggestions if you have any?
I don't share that view myself.. the Lotus 49 is great on the tracks we have been running as well. I have good memories of it on tracks like Feldbergring, Zandvoort, Sudschleife etc You don't need particularly fast tracks for it.

I just drove the 49 around tonights track and it was fine. I had forgot i had a few safe setups for it and it was good. There are hundreds of good tracks on our hard drives we cannot use which is a shame. How are we with Sergio Loro tracks? He makes them from scratch for AC and Rfactor2 i believe converting back and forth but all his own work. It would be great if we could use them as they are very good. All 60's versions of all the great tracks. Check out F3 classic tracks website for those who don't know. Examples are Watkins Glen, Suzuka, Stardust, Sandevoerde etc. A few are pay mods but most of us don't mind that i am sure.

As for pay mods, i have been on grids of more than 30 cars with RSS F1 1970 which drives great and can be used with or without wings. Again, cost of a coffee out but well worth the effort. Maybe we could use it. Many skins and probably bigger grids if promoted.

Latest News

Back