AC Classic Cars: Lotus 25@Bremgarten, Tue 11th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
David-Coulthard-Lotus-25-Silverstone.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

A classic car on a classic circuit. For experienced drivers a dream, for those who are not familiar with classic cars an opportunity to start with a not too difficult icon from the racing history.

This week another great creation by Fat-Alfie: Bremgarten in Switzerland.

This event will be hosted by @JamKart22

Circuit-Bremgarten-layout.jpg

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/9bb3057a-a150-40ca-845c-17ce1767e64b?server=1 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 2 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

• Cars:
    • Lotus 25
  • Track: Bremgarten, Switzerland https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bremgarten-1950s.43576/
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: mandatory, at least 1 liter of fuel.

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Only 8 drivers! Come on guys, there is no better combo for this car and track. Am having huge fun preparing for my humiliation tomorrow. Such a satisfying drive when you get it right. Does'nt get any better than this imho.
Maybe post this in the other threads also?

9 now, :) I wasn't sure when I was having to go to do an airport pick up but that's now Wednesday so will miss the fun in New Zealand instead:(. Pity as it looks like a fun track and in practice could get the Abarth round that final hairpin with a bit of a Scandiflick and a touch of handbrake:roflmao:.

But Bremgarten in this Lotus is top class so come on in guys!:thumbsup:

I don’t think I will make it, decided to use my bus pass to travel 15 miles. I have been on public transport for a total of 7 hrs apart from one and a half hours other wise engaged.
Admittedly it was a random journey, but I am knackered. I either had to wait an hour or just missed a bus. Then I got fed up with waiting when it was late and decided to walk to the next bus stop to pass the time and boredom.
As soon as I was far enough away from the bus stop, it turned up.
It reminds me of some races, where you were just not meant to do well, whatever you do.:roflmao:

Sorry had to bail guys. I need A LOT more practice just to keep up with you guys, and work calls kept distracting me... Shame because it was a really nice track / car combo. Thanks for hosting Colin.

As Colin mentioned, for next week it will be at Prince George, South Africa. Colin selected the track, Han will set it up, I'll just be there to administer the event. We can stay with Lotus 25, or get crazy and try Lotus 49, or the Porknose.

Let me know and I'll see you then, even if I have to watch from the pits!! :coffee::laugh:

Feet were killing me, eventually the accelerator was cutting into my good foot, after walking for about two hours today following missed buses.
Eventually decided it was not my day, could not be clearer, could it.:(

Must do something about the accelerator plate...:O_o:

Miserable time on one of my favourite track, not alone tonight though...

PS, just an after thought, ( observation ) I am okay by myself with these cars, but as soon as I get distracted, especially when being in company, it is not long before it goes tits up. Managed a trouble free run of many laps, most in fact, from last to a comfortable 5th, soon as I got with other drivers I had all my offs.

Last edited:
Sorry guys for lap 1, wanted to give back a position (although not 100% sure if it was my fault, have no replay, actually tried to stay at the left) and slowed down in some not suited spots. Sorry for those who got into trouble because of me slowing down.
Had a better feeling for the car last week. Loaded same setup but the car felt having way more undeersteering which made it so hard to get speed at the exits. Nonetheless was ok with my qualy time. After the first bad luck laps a heavy thunderstorm in south germany and a 1 hour power cut ended this miserable race. Good to see more people showing up. Still need more practice in these vintage cars. Cu next time.

Sorry had to bail guys. I need A LOT more practice just to keep up with you guys, and work calls kept distracting me... Shame because it was a really nice track / car combo. Thanks for hosting Colin.

As Colin mentioned, for next week it will be at Prince George, South Africa. Colin selected the track, Han will set it up, I'll just be there to administer the event. We can stay with Lotus 25, or get crazy and try Lotus 49, or the Porknose.

Let me know and I'll see you then, even if I have to watch from the pits!! :coffee::laugh:
Please stick with a Lotus. The 25 is fine and people are used to it. I love the 49 but it seems to me that Colin has a good thing going. If it ain't broke, don't fix it IMO.

Fantasy cars are not for me.

Please stick with a Lotus. The 25 is fine and people are used to it. I love the 49 but it seems to me that Colin has a good thing going. If it ain't broke, don't fix it IMO.

Fantasy cars are not for me.
Lotus 25 it will be, consider it done. You're right, we should just stick with that one.

Last nights race was a real workout. An hour flat out on this track in these cars is a real challenge!

An enjoyable battle back from an early incident kept me focused for the whole hour. But still managed a few brushes with the scenery.

Thanks to everyone for supporting these races. I'm happy to put them on while we get decent grids. Have lots of old tracks to try so keep signing up

Last nights race was a real workout. An hour flat out on this track in these cars is a real challenge!

An enjoyable battle back from an early incident kept me focused for the whole hour. But still managed a few brushes with the scenery.

Thanks to everyone for supporting these races. I'm happy to put them on while we get decent grids. Have lots of old tracks to try so keep signing up
I really enjoyed the racing last night. Some very quick drivers and a great atmosphere. The racing was serious, but nobody took it so seriously that they got tetchy or upset. Great fun.

On that note, I should say that the incident that Colin refers to was my fault completely. I just left it a fraction too late to pull out from behind him when I had a very slight run on him coming toward the S/F line. It kinda spoiled both our chances of running at the front. Sorry fella. That said, I think we both had fun trying to catch up, so not too bad in the end. I'll try not to do it again. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Back