rF2 Caterham 7 Series - Round 1 @ Snetterton - Thu 19 May 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It'll likely annoy those who change by ear rather than using the tacho. It's not too bad and isn't messing up my laps. (I'm doing a real good job of that on my own)

I am still getting connection lost and when once after 5-6 tries it joins the server I can't see other cars, even on the official servers with official content.
I have clean installed rf2(unsubed from all content), I reset my router to factory settings, I have read the official forums and there is not much there either, also on their discord I can't find any fixes just people complaining.
I had some free time this weekend and wanted to do some driving, but all that time has gone into me trying to join the server. So I am just giving up on rf2 for the time being until there is a fix for it, because I am not going to spent one more minute to try and fix this game. :poop:

Sorry to vent off here guys, the official Studio 397 forums doesn't give me much motivation to post there, because there are like 4-5 posts about connection lost with no reply's, either the devs don't read the forum or they just don't care about it.

I can't promise I will be able to join these races if this issue doesn't get resolved until then.:(

Last edited:
I have to admit that rF2 have been doing weird things for me for the past few weeks, The game doesn't always record my hot lap replay, since this week when i close the game the process continue running while it doesn't appear in my task bar and finally while i see all the replay files in the folder they don't show up in game in the replay tab.

Is rF2 getting optimized for GT3 and the h*ll with the rest?

Nope.

There is a new sound engine in the game, and mods needs to be checked if they are compatible with the new sound engine. Many are, some are not. Those that are not, needs to be fixed by the mod-maker.

That's the issue with having a continous evolving game that also have lots of mods.

@slideways this is what i came up with in the short amount of time i had to do it cause of a crazy week at work, hope you like it ;)

SVP 1.png

SVP 2.png

SVP 3.png

Download link

To use liveries in game:
Choose a car in game(remember the number on the car). Click tuning/customize, and "create dir".
Find the created folder in: Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\Caterham7_14K_Classic\(number on car) Unpack zip-file. Paste the dds files there, and choose it on tuning/customize in game. Voila! :)

Hey Guys,
I have to sign out unfortunately...
Not because of technical issues, but because of being to tired already.
Really a bummer concerning the awesome combo.
Have a good evening and we hear each other next Thursday for sure!
Cheers Dan

Latest News

Back