rF2 Caterham 7 Series - Round 1 @ Snetterton - Thu 19 May 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Club Staff
Caterham 7.jpg

Welcome to the rFactor2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server Password: historx

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It's an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Voice chat is on Discord. Please join us - we'll do our very best to make you feel welcome - MORE INFO
HERE.

The RD Caterham 7 Series will be loosely based on the 2022 Caterham Academy Championship. Obviously we don't have the Academy in rF2 so we will be using the Classic 1.4L K-Series car. Our race events will take place on the Thursday evening prior to the corresponding real life event weekend, using the nearest possible track & layout to the actual event. There is no obligation to sign up for more than one round though. Entrants can come and go as they please or as other commitments allow.

One of our community members has offered to compile the results and produce a Results/Standings table after each event. I have asked another member to make a nice screenie for the flyer and I will update said flyer soon ( Edit: Thanks to @Luca Ciarfella for his help with flyer pics).
I may also be asking for help with the occasional small task in future - just to involve as many community members as I can (Edit: Thanks to @slideways for his help with a results/standings doc).
This club belongs to us all and I'd really like it if everybody feels included and valued. Thanks and let the fun begin.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CAT7T

Cars: Caterham 7 Classic 1.4L K-series (Steam)

Track:
Snetterton (Download) Place the track rfcmp file into your Packages folder and then install it in game through the Content section.

Layout: 300 Road Course

Practice: 19:00 UTC (20:00 UK local time)
Warm Up: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:35 UTC (25 minutes)

Race 2: 20:05 UTC (25 minutes)

Entry List - 25 slots
  1. Denis Betty
  2. max1966i
  3. Paul_V
  4. Kresh
  5. slideways
  6. Daniel R.
  7. Jack Smith
  8. Orlando Medley Sr.
  9. Daniel R.*
  10. pattikins
  11. Jim Carvalho*
  12. Munkyboo
  13. Jimlaad43
  14. PurgerUK
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot
UTP #57

TEST SERVER IS BACK UP!

Last edited:
I will be second please Denis. Cheers.
Third, I am in please
Welcome guys.
I'm very much hoping that this series will be popular and fun.
Thanks for signing up nice and early. There is no obligation to sign up for more than one round though. Entrants can come and go as they please or as other commitments allow.
Look forward to seeing you both on track. :thumbsup:

Denis, I may miss a few early rounds as I'm luckily away for a few days to Spain soon... now covid is easing. And then off to Monaco for the classic GP, but this looks like it will be brilliant fun. Love the caterham. Should be really good and close racing.

We will only be racing the Caterham once per month - as per the R/L championship.

Academy Series.jpg

Remember that we'll be racing on the Thursday before the corresponding R/L event.
Also we'll be doing 2 x 25 minute races. Unfortunately I don't think it will be possible to to race Knockhill, as per the R/L event. We don't have an acceptable version of the track right now so we'll just us Loch Drummond instead.

Last edited:
Sign me up please @Denis Betty . I am close to sailboat racing time but I will sign up as long as I can and some sailboat races may be cancelled due to weather along the way.
Do I place the track rfcmp file in the package folder and then install it in game through content section?

Last edited:
Sign me up please @Denis Betty . I am close to sailboat racing time but I will sign up as long as I can and some sailboat races may be cancelled due to weather along the way.
Do I place the track rfcmp file in the package folder and then install it in game through content section?
Yes you are fine to join for the races you can make and yes that's how you add the track. It's a good point, I'll add it to the OP. :)
Are you gonna race the F3s this week?

Last edited:
Last edited:
SERVER IS UP!

@Yves Larose , I guess you've been busy? Any chance you can make it for this one?
@PurgerUK ,@Steve Le Gallez , are you guys interested in joining us?
@Lennart Groessl where have you been buddy? Now would be a great time to come back and join us. :)
@Daniel Monteiro it's been too long. ;)
@pattikins is this little series something you peaks your interest?
I'm interested. Unfortunately, the company that I work for have introduced some changes to my shifts (less flexibility), starting @ the end of May, so I'm not sure that I can make all of the races.

Hey buddy thanks for getting back to me. There is no commitment to join motre than one race. We'll keep score for those who are interested in running in the series as a whole, but people are most welcome to pop in and out for races here and there as they like.

The idea is to add to the interest and help to keep participation up over the summer months. It's all in the name of fun fun fun. :D

Latest News

Back