AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Start your ffb at 50/50/50 and tune it from there. You need some LFB which is not just a lfb. Certain forces in the ffb require lfb to be felt.

For rubber band feel, check your centering spring on the wheel settings.
^^ This. I turned off letting the game manage the spring. Now everything drives fabulously. Well almost. When I say that, I mean no rubber band effect. Except the Stock Cars. Still a tad springy, but perhaps that's how they feel IRL.

AC is my go-to sim... I rarely play other Sims since I don't have too much time. However I have almost all the Sims available and I like to help all the sim developers. Yesterday was the day of AMS2 and as many of you I bought it too. In terms of graphics I can't judge them since I'm using and potato PC but it seem very good in terms of performance and looks (even on low settings). I spent 2h playing the game and I kinda like it but the FFB leave me a mix of feelings. It felt strange to say the least. As some of you already reported, this are my feelings:

-I'm having dificult to feel the car when braking;
-It's hard to feel the front wheels on turning especially on sharp turns;
-On the exit I don't feel the rear as I do in other sims. The rear tyres sudently start spinning even on minimum throttle input but the slides are controllable but null in feeling (I never get the feeling that I catch the slide or lose it)

My wheel is an old Logi G25. Does anyone have any tips for the FFB of this wheel? At the moment I'm using default settings.

I wish Reiza guys best of luck and I know they will work hard on this title as they did with their previous ones. I will keep an eye on the updates of this title for sure!

Edit: My settings on Windows are also default if that matters.

Last edited:
If you have the rubber band effect, please try "5 15 0" or "10 30 0" or "33 100 0" (for gaming wheels).
First: The heavy values aof FFM like a Speaker of a sound system. Basses.
Secon, the LDB are the middles.
Thrird are BOT the high-sound. Its the engine speed. (test it and pup it to 100, may be you feel it when you standing still and playing with the trottle.

At some cars it feels mit my DD better at 15 45 0.

If that are not give you the hopped effect, look into the documents folder.
You can chnage there a value to rise the force without software clipping.

Here are my SimuCUBE settings, but the both another picturers can helping, too.

Attachments

• 2020-03-31 17_22_45-Window.png
    2020-03-31 17_22_45-Window.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 116
  • ffb-setting-11500-ams2.png
    ffb-setting-11500-ams2.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 114
  • ffb-settings-file-ams2.png
    ffb-settings-file-ams2.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 106
My experience with G29.

Is well know the G29 and G2x in general have a big center dead zone, but with an personalized LUT for Assetto Corsa and even with few little adjustments on iRacing, you can solve this problem almost for complete… BUT it’s happen different here on AMS2. Until now, I just cannot fix this…

1. big center death zone when you push fast from one side to another

2. I cant feel the curbs

3. I’m having difficult to feel the car when braking;

4. It's hard to feel the front wheels on turning especially on sharp turns;

5. On the exit I don't feel the rear as I do in other sims.

My experience with G29.

Is well know the G29 and G2x in general have a big center dead zone, but with an personalized LUT for Assetto Corsa and even with few little adjustments on iRacing, you can solve this problem almost for complete… BUT it’s happen different here on AMS2. Until now, I just cannot fix this…

2. I cant feel the curbs

Exact same feelings here as I have already described.

Exact same feelings here as I have already described.
Yes, and I used CTRL-C and CTRL-V heheh..

Further to my previous comment, I gonna use an screenshot from AC Manager LUT graphic viewer to try explain what I feel.

Apparently all the forces are similar, so flat... the lower force is so low, and the high force is so low too.. causing a flat line on the graphic... causing the feeling that the car is "floating and weights like a bicycle"

BTW using 100 70 70 looks like the dead zone go away but you still loosing contrast by top high forces and low..

I think if the Reiza fix this "LUT" curve and add some FX to feel the tires loosing contact... will be great..
the physic looks awesome..I bet it can be better than AC

"
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
If you have the rubber band effect, please try "5 15 0" or "10 30 0" or "33 100 0" (for gaming wheels).
First: The heavy values aof FFM like a Speaker of a sound system. Basses.
Secon, the LDB are the middles.
Thrird are BOT the high-sound. Its the engine speed. (test it and pup it to 100, may be you feel it when you standing still and playing with the trottle.

At some cars it feels mit my DD better at 15 45 0.

If that are not give you the hopped effect, look into the documents folder.
You can chnage there a value to rise the force without software clipping.

Here are my SimuCUBE settings, but the both another picturers can helping, too.
Thanks for your post.
I have a rubber band effect in ACC, not in AMS2, do you have any suggestions to get rid of that in ACC?
Also, what version on the SumuCUBE software are you using, mine has the older font in the top title (SC1)
Cheers :)

^^ This. I turned off letting the game manage the spring. Now everything drives fabulously. Well almost. When I say that, I mean no rubber band effect. Except the Stock Cars. Still a tad springy, but perhaps that's how they feel IRL.

100% value with a motor supplying over 13Nm is not viable in ACC.

So far my findings in AMS2 the driver strength depends on car modeling with higher strength for open wheelers, meaning you need different profiles for each family of cars.

I got an t500,

2days ago i was racing in Pcars 2, after a long time of racing anyway, yesterday i was driving in AM2 and it felt perfectly on my end, just need to adjust some ffb settings in my thrustmaster program but it reminds me of my old ams1 days so im happy, im only hoping for reiza to adjust the ffb to more effect when hitting the curbs as on few corners you dont really notice that apart from audiosound, Its still EA anyway :)

I believe when you set on custom that allows the game to use a custom ffb file, do you have one present?

Yes, that is probably correct, and I do not have custom ffb file. The issue is that the "custom" option is the only one where I can have inputs both from the DD2 and Sprint pedals. Have you seen a customs file somewhere that has DD -suitable default FFB -settings?

I got an t500,

2days ago i was racing in Pcars 2, after a long time of racing anyway, yesterday i was driving in AM2 and it felt perfectly on my end, just need to adjust some ffb settings in my thrustmaster program but it reminds me of my old ams1 days so im happy, im only hoping for reiza to adjust the ffb to more effect when hitting the curbs as on few corners you dont really notice that apart from audiosound, Its still EA anyway :)
Agree 100% on the curb feel. Very underwhelming.

I think you may have quoted the wrong post. I wish I could get 13 Nm on my wheel. LOL

It was just a general remark to help with the discussion.

When looking for the best settings, we first have to consider what tool we have in our hands and then fiddle with the specific "game".

ACC being modelled on a single car category it's easier to setup. We know the real output is within the 9-13Nm and if the motor doesn't reach that value the only solution is to use 100% gain in the driver and boost the in game signal until soft clipping is reached.

With multiple car's categories it's getting more complicated.

AMS2 seems to use a custom profile to work with all different categories and I doubt there's a catch all single solution.

Wishfully they will create a custom profile for DD wheels like raceroom and rf2 as the best compromise.

The beauty of some software like the one used by Simucube, Simsteering and especially Simxperience is that you can set and load specific settings for each car within the same platform.

PS When I read personal FFB I am always baffled. Personally I am looking for what it's happening in the real dynamic world rather than add noise to pretend to compensate for the lack of g force.

My experience with G29.

2. I cant feel the curbs

Same here. Terrible FFB with G27. The biggest deadzone in the center that i have ever experienced in any sim. It's simply huge. Even if i set the low force boost to 80.

I hope that this doesn't stay like this. If you have some solution for Logitech Wheel users, please let us know.

Same here. Terrible FFB with G27. The biggest deadzone in the center that i have ever experienced in any sim. It's simply huge. Even if i set the low force boost to 80.

I hope that this doesn't stay like this. If you have some solution for Logitech Wheel users, please let us know.

By deadzone do you mean the center is completely dead (no resistance at all) ?

Here are my G27 settings (link below), and I'm quite happy with them. The Puma GTB in particular has great FFB (tested on VIR, a perfect track for that car). I only have the old Logitech Profiler installed, not the more recent Logitech Gaming Software (or whatever it is called), that could get in the way.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...arly-access-now-available.180840/post-3142625

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 166 25.5%
  • Full game

Votes: 162 24.9%
  • CPU

Votes: 78 12.0%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 119 18.3%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 72 11.1%