AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
YouTuber Aidan MIlward Ermin Hamidovi said in a recent video FFB was on par or better than rF2.

I'll be very happy if that's true, but it surprised me to hear him say that.

I only discount it because rF2 is a clear winner right now in existing sims and to match that with the Madness Engine would be impressive.

Last edited:
It's all down to personal preference and opinion. There are as many people saying it's great as there are saying it’s not good. Telling someone who's not particularly impressed that it's great isn't suddenly going to change their mind. After what everybody has said about the original AM over the years, I was expecting it to be much better.

Last edited:
FFB is horrendous...total abscence forces at low&medium speeds or even under braking and abnormaly way too strong at high speed cornering.
In the end of the day its basicaly useless cause you find yourself driving only with pedal work and visual references.
In the mean time Kartkraft is nailing it...just hope Reiza learn something from those guys.

The problem is your end. You have probably been messing around with settings too much or have corrupted your wheel software as the majority of people don't have issues like you constantly bleat on about. Don't like it, go elsewhere. My force feedback is great, especially in fast corners. Low speed could do with a slight boost, but nothing major.

FFB is horrendous...total abscence forces at low&medium speeds or even under braking and abnormaly way too strong at high speed cornering.
In the end of the day its basicaly useless cause you find yourself driving only with pedal work and visual references.
In the mean time Kartkraft is nailing it...just hope Reiza learn something from those guys.

Are you using the Low Force Boost? The FFB seems to be designed around using that, even on strong wheels, it's not like the Minimum Force in other games that you set to 0 for strong wheels. I have a CSWv2 and use 55 Gain and 40 Low Force right now (FX 0 because I've read it's bugged).

The brake lockup/understeer feel need some some work though. But overall I'm already pretty happy. As someone who spent literally dozens of hours with the pCars games trying to get the FFB to feel anywhere near good, moving sliders, downloading config files... I was very concerned for AMS2 to say the least :)

The problem is your end. You have probably been messing around with settings too much or have corrupted your wheel software as the majority of people don't have issues like you constantly bleat on about. Don't like it, go elsewhere. My force feedback is great, especially in fast corners. Low speed could do with a slight boost, but nothing major.

There's nothing wrong with my wheel.
Go and play real sims and come back to AMS2. You will be so disapointed.
Problem is that people try hard to adapt to this stupid FFB to the point they stop noticing the lack of information. I really like AMS2 for what it promised but I'm not dumb. FFB is very weak at low speeds and absent under braking. Turning on minimum forces is just throwing sand on peoples eyes. (In this case hands) it's dull and unrealistic. Turn the FFB gain up and it will throw you of the seat on fast corners. Its that bad at the moment.

I think motoliser doesn't want suggestions, he just wants to vent. (Been there myself sometimes ;) ).

I am liking the FFB on the whole but there is still room for improvement I think especially in terms of front end feedback for brake lockup and understeer. For me rf2 is still my preferred FFB implementation because it has been just plug'n play. I would say I am 85% happy with the AMS2 FFB as it stands and improving the front end feel will go a long way to getting it very close to 100%.

EDIT: I spoke to early as the latest update seems to have inversed the FFB on Formula Vee and Vintage. Caterham 620R still feels fine (That's all I have tested so far in latest update)

Last edited:
Just spent a few hrs on this sim , it’s good but not great and to be honest will need a lot of work to be rf2 as far as driving fidelity goes but it is pretty solid and some great features. The gaze VR option or whatever it’s called in menu is great ,no more searching for mouse and taking VR head set off to hit the right key.. The feel or lack of from the contact patch is lacking but l must admit l ha not done much to default FFB settings as yet... one problem which is driving me nuts is although l assign the paddles on my csv2 to up and down shift they just never work in game , any tips would be welcome.. Look forward to inevitable improvements from Reiza ...

I just installed this morning and ran a couple of cars at Brands Hatch. The little Formula Ford and the thing that looks like a Lotus Elise. After turning down the FFB to avoid clipping all I can say is WOW. :):). I found the FFB incredible and the cars very lively in my limited experience. I've had a couple of year hiatus and played iRacing for a couple of weeks before this and iRacing feels dead compared to AMS2 IMO. The level of information available through the wheel and through my speakers (lockup is easy to identify) in AMS2 is incredible.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 106 27.2%
  • Full game

Votes: 86 22.1%
  • CPU

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 75 19.2%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 42 10.8%