AC AC Eurocar Multi class Challenge at Silverstone GP- Thursday July 11th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Club Staff
Premium
Screenshot_pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw_ks_silverstone_20-5-124-11-9-31.jpg

(Image by @Shed 17)

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

With several real life multi class series like Britcar, VLN, NLS proving popular, we are going to give something similar a try here in the AC Racing Club on Thursdays. With six European countries represented there is a wide mix of cars to chose from, so there should be something for everyone and someone to race with!

A big thank you to all who tested the various cars over the last few weeks, much appreciated! The practice server is running so plenty of time to find your car and class to enter.

To start with there will be two groups with four cars in each group, with a choice of FWD or RWD in both classes.

Group 1
Audi TT VLN
KTM X-Bow GT4
Lotus Evora GX
Praga R1

Group 2
BMW 320i STW
Cupra Competicion 2022
Fiat Tipo Competizione
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Cars have been initially tested and there are some light BoP restrictions; on the Lotus in Gp1 and the BMW in Gp2 for the time being. If this type of racing proves to be popular then cars can be added/removed with BoP also adjusted as we go along.

There will be 2 x 25 minute races with a reverse grid for race two.
Click here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Overtake Server 5
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be
    • sent in a PM.
    • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST, | 60 minutes - Official Practice
    • 21:00 CEST, 20:00 BST, | 15 minutes - Qualification
    • 21:15 CEST, 20.15 BST, | 25 minutes - Race 1
    • 21:35 CEST, 20:35 BST, | 25 minutes - Race 2 - Reverse grid of race 1 result.
    • All timings are approximate allowing for intervals between races.
    • Looping Practice server available during the week. Same password.
    • Event details and links:
    • Cars:
    • 1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC | OverTake (Formerly RaceDepartment)
    • Cupra Leon Competicion 2022 2.1
    • KTM X-Bow GT4
    • Fiat Tipo Competizione | OverTake (Formerly RaceDepartment)
    • All other cars are Kunos originals as per the DLC content. You will need to download all the cars even if you are not intending to drive them.
    • Track: Kunos Silverstone GP
    • Tyre blankets: Yes
    • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
    • Track grip: 100%
    • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized with a time penalty if you break this rule.
    • Damage: 10%
    • Fuel Consumption: 100%
    • Tyre wear: 100%
    • Pitstop: Optional.
    • SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Useful Links:

Has something changed? With how we got onto the server by the sign up tab.
If I did it on my phone it went to Steam and I signed up using that. Now it is just via the empora server, I never known what to put.
I use my email which it does not recognize and as for password, no hope in getting that correct.

Hi Ernie,

Nothing has changed, the link takes you to the server page where you click the regiter with Steam button.
I know that sometimes there are two buttons where you have to get a code from an email from Steam.
Maybe it is because you are using a different device and Emperor has not seen it before.

@Shed 17 Fascinating 2 class combo Paul, not easy for sure, kudos for setting it up! :inlove:

No idea how class 1 will play out, though class 2 at Silverstone I'd guess the Porsche will be faster by some margin (and I really can't drive it:roflmao:), followed by the Bimmer - only saying that 'cos I've not driven rwd much lately, but the Porsche feels like an 'in between class' just within 2 laps.

As things are I'll probably use the Cupra 'cos it's such fun - and with other tracks who knows how it'll play out...:coffee:

@Shed 17 Fascinating 2 class combo Paul, not easy for sure, kudos for setting it up! :inlove:

No idea how class 1 will play out, though class 2 at Silverstone I'd guess the Porsche will be faster by some margin (and I really can't drive it:roflmao:), followed by the Bimmer - only saying that 'cos I've not driven rwd much lately, but the Porsche feels like an 'in between class' just within 2 laps.

As things are I'll probably use the Cupra 'cos it's such fun - and with other tracks who knows how it'll play out...:coffee:
Thanks for the early feedback John, it is an experiment and there will probably have to be some BoP as we go along but the idea is to get the cars in each class fairly competitive against each other,
We will se how it goes but getting enough drivers to make it interesting is key to its success.

You've really outdone yourself this time, Paul. What a great selection of cars and an awesome track to boot.

Now I "only" need to pick a car. :D I will probably decide between the Porsche and the KTM.

How are the cars BoPped? I can't seem to find any numbers on that and it would help to know how the cars actually perform.

Hi Ricardo,

The cars have been put together from quite a long testing process, as for the BoP, this is at an early stage and based on what I have found as a 'mid-field' average driver.

If you want to get an idea how things are going have a look at the server 5 practice live timings,

Bearing in mind that John is a very fast driver with lots of experience

If this series gets enough of a following, the BoP for individual cars is likely to be adjusted as we go along, also I'd like to do longer races where the different characteristics of the cars comes through in things like tyre wear and pit stops, just to mix it up. ;)

A minus value means the cars has a lighter value from default, hopefully making it more competitive against others in the class.

Ballast Kg​
Restrictor %​
Group 1
Audi TT VLN​
-5​
0​
KTM X-Bow GT4​
0​
0​
Prag R1​
-10​
0​
Lotus Evora GX​
15​
20​
Group 2
Fiat Tipo​
-30​
0​
Porsche Cayman GT4​
0​
0​
BMW 320i STW​
15​
25​
Cupra Leon 2022​
0​
0​

Thanks for the great help as usual Paul!

I've been snooping around the results on the test server and to my surprise it seems the cars on the practice server have a different BoP compared to the data you just shared. Does that mean the test server isn't up to date yet?

For example: your data says the KTM doesn't have any BoP, but results from 2 days ago says it has 20kg/15%: https://acsm.racedepartment.com/results/2024_7_4_19_25_PRACTICE?server=4
Likewise the Audi doesn't seem to have been BoPed: https://acsm.racedepartment.com/results/2024_7_4_21_25_PRACTICE?server=4

Latest News

Back