AC 90s BTCC Season Registration

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
A very long confusing read for me, because I'm not perfect in this language. Finally I go with any decision, which is made to make everyone happy here.

Would be very kind, if someone was so kind to summarize the conclusion for me and tell me what changes in comparison to the Primera I drove in the championship.

However, I take it the way it's set on the practice server, eventually. It just wouldn't be cool, to find there a completely different car before race day compared to the one I practiced with.

Nissan hasn't changed Reik. We were trying to add the older version as a 4th car until Ernie realised it is slower ;)

Went for a few laps @25kg20%. Managed a decent lap . Hasn't improved the car a huge amount I would say.
I had guessed something like .1 second/minute faster. That match what you are see @Medilloni John?

1717626027462.png

1717626111623.png

Just noticed my last 2 laps on softs :O_o:

Went for a few laps @25kg20%. Managed a decent lap . Hasn't improved the car a huge amount I would say.
I had guessed something like .1 second/minute faster. That match what you are see @Medilloni John?

View attachment 759387

View attachment 759388
Just noticed my last 2 laps on softs :O_o:
Not sure Brian, only tried it at the 'Ring (which I have little experience with) - a few laps offline improved my pb of 10.8 (25 and 25) to 8.4 (25 and 20), both with equal numbers of feckups for fair comparison :laugh:

Looking at the split timer, biggest difference seems to be acceleration in 2nd and 3rd. Tried different gears but couldn't improve top speed.

Hm,

how do we implement that on Asseto Corsa:

:D

Seen that the other day on the internet. Pretty cool. I know more modern cars do similar through the ABS channels so could be done in AC maybe?! Are we just enabling stability control at that point!? Not sure how the stability control works.

The ARB system is cool too. Not something I've seen yet in AC either.

Last edited:
The CBC systems on modern cars (cornering brake control) use data from the wheel speed, steering angle and yaw rate sensors to control the brake forces for each wheel inorder to keep the car stable even under cornering loads. Nowadays it´s a sub function of the ESC system.

My first Beemer (without ESC, I´m old) did it only with wheel speed sensors which already was working well.

I don´t know how AC stability control works, but I guesstimate it´s an all electronic version of ESC.

That sounds more like the understeer mitigation of the ESC.

Without having seen the algorythm I´d expect the CBC only to modulate the brake pressures the driver provides, to actually aggregate brake pressure is a feature of the Esc which has a pressure pump for that.

ABS /CBC only have pressure hold and relief valves.
As in my 2001 Beemer, it had ABS/CBC and ASC (traction ontrol) but no steering angle and yaw sensors and no pressure pump, so no ESC.

But I´ve noticed what I take for a glitch in AC, especially bad in the clio cup but also in the TCR Cupra:

It often locks ( or even spins) the inner rear wheel while the driver is off the brakes or even on the accelerator.
The Cupra doesn´t have ABS, so NO CBC!!

TCR Cupra Kazan hairpin.PNG

That sounds more like the understeer mitigation of the ESC.

Without having seen the algorythm I´d expect the CBC only to modulate the brake pressures the driver provides, to actually aggregate brake pressure is a feature of the Esc which has a pressure pump for that.

ABS /CBC only have pressure hold and relief valves.
As in my 2001 Beemer, it had ABS/CBC and ASC (traction ontrol) but no steering angle and yaw sensors and no pressure pump, so no ESC.
When you said modern I was thinking like a golf r. Hadn't heard of CBC acronym before.
I am old fashioned and prefer cars to just do as I input, warts and all!
It is interesting on gt3 cars(back to soms of course) where you can adjust the ABS up and down to create some under or over steer as the race goes on.

But I´ve noticed what I take for a glitch in AC, especially bad in the clio cup but also in the TCR Cupra:

It often locks ( or even spins) the inner rear wheel while the driver is off the brakes or even on the accelerator.
The Cupra doesn´t have ABS, so NO CBC!!

View attachment 759488

That is odd. What motec says and what is actually happening can be at odds. Or it is a glitch.
Maybe, is that the wheel lifting off the ground so you are perceiving a different wheel speed?

It's slip ratio, not wheelspeed.
I'd need to check the formula how it's calculated exactly, but I like at,as brake and acceleration are in the same graph as steering slip.

A "lifted leg" would be absolutely normal for older (or cheaper) FWD cars with twist beam rear axles.
But in the air there could not be wheel slip, let alone rotation and smoke.(as the Clios loves to do)

Somethings really fishy there.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 184 25.1%
  • Full game

Votes: 185 25.3%
  • CPU

Votes: 85 11.6%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 126 17.2%
  • Other PC related hardware