AC 90s BTCC Season Registration

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I have tried every thing on this car, to put it into perspective, every circuit change was a complete car setup over haul, just to get it stable.( never managed it so far ). No circuit setup was transferable. But and this is a big but , “as I always bleat on about”, I cannot feel the pedals, I rely on keeping modifying my inputs until I get the correct inputs for a circuit.
It is cars that are unpredictable that I struggle with, the Nissan for me is totally unpredictable, so I just physically not setup to deal with the unknown.
If you watch me practicing for a race on race day , I am continually coming off , continually locking up and coming off. Until it make sense inside my head , then I subconsciously get the right inputs in my head. Wednesday nights, no problem.
Add to that no ABS, so that means I am on 80% power to give me a chance of catching a lockup.
Poor old git.

I have tried every thing on this car, to put it into perspective, every circuit change was a complete car setup over haul, just to get it stable.( never managed it so far ). No circuit setup was transferable. But and this is a big but , “as I always bleat on about”, I cannot feel the pedals, I rely on keeping modifying my inputs until I get the correct inputs for a circuit.
It is cars that are unpredictable that I struggle with, the Nissan for me is totally unpredictable, so I just physically not setup to deal with the unknown.
If you watch me practicing for a race on race day , I am continually coming off , continually locking up and coming off. Until it make sense inside my head , then I subconsciously get the right inputs in my head. Wednesday nights, no problem.
Add to that no ABS, so that means I am on 80% power to give me a chance of catching a lockup.
Poor old git.

You can switch cars for this ernie. It's a seperate sign-up. Volvo on softs is pretty decent once you squeeze the throttle gently and just keep coming of the brake. Last time into the garden at the end of dottinger could be tricky :confused:

If you can ??? put pm3dm-nissan-Primera-btcc V1.0 on as well as V1.1 , I would switch. But before you do I will drive it with V1.1 with standard setup, just in case I have over these months been creating an unstable car by myself. After John’s comments I doubt it very much. :)

If you can ??? put pm3dm-nissan-Primera-btcc V1.0 on as well as V1.1 , I would switch. But before you do I will drive it with V1.1 with standard setup, just in case I have over these months been creating an unstable car by myself. After John’s comments I doubt it very much. :)

I'll have a look Ernie. It should be do-able. Never tried it. Might need ti kering if the file names are the same.

I'm confused with the 2 versions tbh, 2nd version is meant to be faster(?), though it seems on the face of it to suit rwd drivers better, weird :confused:
If I can make this event I'll try and get Alexa to remind me where I am on track:sneaky:, not driven it much, but so many corners look the same to me, maybe we should have 'fog' in the track settings, then no-one knows where they are, seems fair to me:p

Last edited:
I don't understand it at all, just driving them back to back. the V1.1 is faster than the V1.0.
But i think john has hit the nail on the head, if I jump into the V1.0 I am quicker. but driving them at the same time i sort of adapt to them and start to drive differently. if I do that the V1.1 is quicker.
If i just with a long break jump into the V1.0 I am quicker in that.
it must be my muddled old mind that is doing it.

1424005094_9.jpg

Don't worry about it Brian, last night I discovered it was me and not really the car.
It is more stable but the difference is not worth the effort. “It is what it is”.
But a big thank you for your efforts with this car.
As John said, it is FWD car for people who are best with RWD. Unfortunately I am stuck some where in no mans land with this car. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

As I am in full bleating mode, I notice the Volvo is 2mph down on top speed compared to the Primera.
John quite rightly said, I think the Volvo could do with 5kg and 5% removing.
!!

As I am in full bleating mode, I notice the Volvo is 2mph down on top speed compared to the Primera.
John quite rightly said, I think the Volvo could do with 5kg and 5% removing.
!!

Have you tried 20/20 Ernie? In my pre season testing last year @ 23/23 it seemed too quick, but the tracks for the btcc season were a little different!
The balance point seemed to be somewhere around the 23-25 %/kg mix.
That's a while ago now.

I will give it a go, finally sunk into this thick "o " grey matter. :D :D :D

Just had a go, i would go for 20% power, that then matches it to the Primera. but keep the 25kg.
This car suits me much better, i am trying not to let that cloud my judgement.
For me, a FWD bias diver, this certainly brings the car back to life, I think 20kg just starts to make it a bit one sided.
I think 20%/25kg should make it more in keeping with the Primera, i think Reik and Jason will still have the edge over the Volvo, it puts us more ordinary folk in with a chance. Rather just an more stable counter part to the Primera, but having to accept a slower car in exchange.
Time will tell...:)

I will give it a go, finally sunk into this thick "o " grey matter. :D :D :D

Just had a go, i would go for 20% power, that then matches it to the Primera. but keep the 25kg.
This car suits me much better, i am trying not to let that cloud my judgement.
For me, a FWD bias diver, this certainly brings the car back to life, I think 20kg just starts to make it a bit one sided.
I think 20%/25kg should make it more in keeping with the Primera, i think Reik and Jason will still have the edge over the Volvo, it puts us more ordinary folk in with a chance. Rather just an more stable counter part to the Primera, but having to accept a slower car in exchange.
Time will tell...:)

Sounds reasonable, Ernie. Cheers for having a look. I'll set that up on the server.

A very long confusing read for me, because I'm not perfect in this language. Finally I go with any decision, which is made to make everyone happy here.

Would be very kind, if someone was so kind to summarize the conclusion for me and tell me what changes in comparison to the Primera I drove in the championship.

However, I take it the way it's set on the practice server, eventually. It just wouldn't be cool, to find there a completely different car before race day compared to the one I practiced with.

Last edited:
Cars - (Ballast/Restrictor)

Don’t blame yourself Reik, I am dyslexic so I quite often do not see my spelling or grammar.
If you write and speak English, and not native to the UK, you are one of the few who are correctly taking it literally .

:cool: :roflmao:

Need to await Brian’s response..

Last edited:
Cars - (Ballast/Restrictor)

Don’t blame yourself Reik, I am dyslexic so I quite often do not see my spelling or grammar.
If you write and speak English, and not native to the UK, you are one of the few who are correctly taking it literally .

:cool: :roflmao:

Need to await Brian’s response..
Thanks for trying that out Ernie, will have a play later :thumbsup:
Have screen shot my PB (offline) at 25% and 25kg, just in case.....:laugh:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 135 26.5%
  • Full game

Votes: 121 23.8%
  • CPU

Votes: 61 12.0%