AC 24hour Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@LeMans, Wed 28th June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The YouTube video I referenced has instructions on how to uninstall sol before installing a new version. Maybe you have a mixture of versions that's messing up your install.
I'm on a new pc with fresh CM install a few weeks ago and installed sol a few days ago for the first time on this pc. i did try uninstalling it like is said and reinstalling but it's the same.

I'm on CM version 0.8.2561.39678 and CSP 1.79, the newest selectable one for me. i think i require CSP 1.80 preview version to make it work but i believe you have to pay for that. I would think the next CSP update will fix the issue.

I'm on a new pc with fresh CM install a few weeks ago and installed sol a few days ago for the first time on this pc. i did try uninstalling it like is said and reinstalling but it's the same.

I'm on CM version 0.8.2561.39678 and CSP 1.79, the newest selectable one for me. i think i require CSP 1.80 preview version to make it work but i believe you have to pay for that. I would think the next CSP update will fix the issue.
I've got the same version of CM & CSP but 2.2.7 of SOL and it all works fine. Maybe try that before you give up on it...

Just curious, whats the problem you're getting?

I went through a couple issues recently with all that, along with the new way to control sol (weather drop down is where you now set the controller to sol).
View attachment 673944

Like Colin said, happy to help at all if/when you want to give it another go. There were some links posted in the last couple weeks on the AC GTplanet forum by Peter Boese which might help you. Since that was posted, there was a public version update of CM (I got a notification in CM), which I installed and my sol/pure kept working.
I don't get it. I've installed the latest versions of CM, CSP 1.79 and SOL 2.2.9 but I don't get the SOL planner option in this menu. I see only this:
1687463402241.png

Any ideas?

Han,

Could we make this a bit more interesting by making it a 24hr race?

The practice server could roll through 24hrs/1hr so people can check they are setup correctly.

AFAIK, folks need to switch on the headlight FX in csp and assign a wheel button to switch them on. Also switch on weather FX in csp. Install sol and it should be good to go. If they can't set it up then it will just stay daylight for them.
It's activating Lighting FX that gives headlights. No such option as headlights FX

Han is your Weather FX tab active in CM? I just clicked mine off and now I'm seeing the same drop down menu you have, but clicking it back on gives me the option with controllers

Nevermind, just reverted back a CSP and now I see it always. Hmm interesting :coffee:

Edit: Peter Boese just replied to someone else in the GTPlanet Forum with this PDF of what version to use with what. Maybe it will be of some help?

Last edited:
Han is your Weather FX tab active in CM? I just clicked mine off and now I'm seeing the same drop down menu you have, but clicking it back on gives me the option with controllers

Nevermind, just reverted back a CSP and now I see it always. Hmm interesting :coffee:

Edit: Peter Boese just replied to someone else in the GTPlanet Forum with this PDF of what version to use with what. Maybe it will be of some help?
Yes that might be my problem. So how do I get the CSP 1.80 because it isn't an option in the CM update menu? And otherwise, how can I get and install the older version of CM? I can only find the latest version.

EDIT: Never mind. I got it working on the server now. I don't need the SOL planner options for this.

Last edited:
Not sure what is the problem but I can not access to the server. But I can play offline.
Any help will be much aprecisted

Not sure what is the problem but I can not access to the server. But I can play offline.
Any help will be much aprecisted
I just stopped the server a few times for new configuration so that could be it.
I fyou have problems now, this might be the problem. You need CSP and SOL installed.
1687470777536.png

I see dark skies and a game clock ticking by extra quick, think you got it working Han! :thumbsup: Thanks!!

And if you still needed, in that PDF you can click on the download box(button) to download the needed version, including an older version that works with CSP 1.79

do you have the controller script in the weather fx settings?
Yes, set to Sol
Yes that might be my problem. So how do I get the CSP 1.80 because it isn't an option in the CM update menu? And otherwise, how can I get and install the older version of CM? I can only find the latest version.

EDIT: Never mind. I got it working on the server now. I don't need the SOL planner options for this.
CSP 1.8 is a paid-for preview version that gives users rain effect. 1.79 is the one you need

Last edited:
It's worth people stress testing their pc before the race to see if they need to dial down some settings.

I ran an ai race with 32 opponents and the frame rate dropped a bit in some of the chicanes. My CPU was coping but the GPU struggled a bit, occasionally hitting 100%. You can check this by looking at windows task manager.

Switching off post processing on the graphics setting page fixed it for me but there are probably other things I could try that are not so drastic.

I suspect without us all doing a check beforehand we are in danger of a warp fest in the race.

If you can't get an acceptable performance then just deactivate weather FX and run in daylight

Last edited:
It's worth people stress testing there pc before the race to see if they need to dial down some settings.

I ran an ai race with 32 opponents and the frame rate dropped a bit in some of the chicanes. My CPU was coping but the GPU struggled a bit, occasionally hitting 100%. You can check this by looking at windows task manager.

Switching off post processing on the graphics setting page fixed it for me but there are probably other things I could try that are not so drastic.

I suspect without us all doing a check beforehand we are in danger of a warp fest in the race.

If you can't get an acceptable performance then just deactivate weather FX and run in daylight
That's a good suggestion. But I would ask anyone only to deactivate weatherFX only as a last resort to get things going and try tuning down things first. The day/night transition is a great experience and I would very much like to use this also in the upcoming Fat-Alfie championship.

Latest News

Back