2018 Formula One Azerbaijan Grand Prix

Buemi has quite the temper as well even French people will tell you the same. So I'm not sure if he fits that seat better than Max Verstappen at the moment. Both suffer from too much red mist moments.

In the end Daniel got 2 DNF's now, which is really hampering any championship hopes he might have had. That Max doesn't know how to drive for a championship should be clear by now, well except for his fanboys who see conspiracies and unlucky outcomes only.

I think Max needs to realise what they need to do to get up there and cause chaos for Mercedes

View attachment 248716
Baku has always been a random event. It's thrown drivers onto the podium that we thought we'd never see there. With lap times getting faster there is always an increased risk of crashing (especially through castle.)

What will happen this year? In theory, it could be anyone's race!

So, who do you think will step onto that podium this Sunday?

amazing race

• Deleted member 113561

Buemi has quite the temper as well even French people will tell you the same. So I'm not sure if he fits that seat better than Max Verstappen at the moment. Both suffer from too much red mist moments.
Formula E is a bit more of a contact sport, it is also at lower speed ...
He had a bit of a temper at the last race, which is kinda okay as it was the deciding race about title ... but not like VERstappen or DIGrassi or MALdonado or GROsjean - he never did such maneuvers.

I am not sure if BUEmi would be a good replacement, lacking the experience at the moment - the cars got quite different ... I doubt though VERstappen gets a race ban, Red Bull politics/threats are protecting him atm from this sadly

When I read this.... Verstappen is always the blame... again and again.... it does matter what he doing. Ricardi crashed in his car and Max is the 100% blame. What a joke!

Formula E is a bit more of a contact sport, it is also at lower speed ...
He had a bit of a temper at the last race, which is kinda okay as it was the deciding race about title ... but not like VERstappen or DIGrassi or MALdonado or GROsjean - he never did such maneuvers.

I am not sure if BUEmi would be a good replacement, lacking the experience at the moment - the cars got quite different ... I doubt though VERstappen gets a race ban, Red Bull politics/threats are protecting him atm from this sadly

can you stop doing the caps on the first 3 letters of the drivers surnames, just a capital on the first letter of their names is enough thanks...

Was wondering how long it would take before the negative talk or let me rather say doubt around Maxi boy.

There's no doubt he has the talent and has added a bit of spice to the races but things are starting to swing the other way.

As a team you need results and he is causing more problems than bringing those results.

Even though I'm a Hamilton and Alonso fan and have being from the beginning of there carriers I still want to Max do well, F knows, maybe some meditation, something has to change.

He also seems to start making poor decisions when under pressure which is never a good sign.

Look at Romain Grosjean when he started his F1 venture, I don't if you guys can remember but there was a lot of positive talk around him and look where he is today.

I still think Max is miles better than him but he needs start delivering or he will soon find himself in a similar position where nobody wants you or you just too much of risk.

Wish him the best and in the meantime he's awesome to watch.

Last edited:
WELl, I SEE WHEre YOU DID WROng... YOU SHOuld ASK HIM ON HIS OWN LANguage ! :p:D

I am surprised that LeClerc got Driver of the Day...
He has a bloody Sauber in his hands ! How can than this be undeserved ? :alien:
Perez, I see, was your favorite but I'm positive that Bottas has much much more deserved "driver of the day" title.
Grosjean has managed to destroy two Haas cars during "non-racing" moments :(. Remember the formation lap before the 2016 GP in Brazil? And today he manages to do it again. Both times he was in the top 10.
What a joke...
Grosjean seems to return to his early days ! Back to Grosjean v1.0. :confused::D

When I read this.... Verstappen is always the blame... again and again.... it does matter what he doing. Ricardi crashed in his car and Max is the 100% blame. What a joke!
Dude, need a tissue? Im ashamed to be dutch! Stop whining and pull yourself together: never second guess an operation from a armchair. Peeps are different and there are haters and there are lovers and peeps tend to watch the world in their favour, everybody is biased till a certain point which equals freedom. My opinion is that this was Ricardo's fault. That does NOT make me a Ricardo hater or a Max lover...not at all. Cheer up dude ;) (and i do not give a rats about peeps disagreeing with me: good luck to them.

The joke is your comment. Since Max is in F1 he constantly move under braking, this is stupid and very dangerous, he made a LOT of mistake this season and still, looks like he doesn't learn from his mistakes.. I hope redbull will still let max and ricciardo fight and not put team orders..

The joke is your comment. Since Max is in F1 he constantly move under braking, this is stupid and very dangerous, he made a LOT of mistake this season and still, looks like he doesn't learn from his mistakes.. I hope redbull will still let max and ricciardo fight and not put team orders..

Yepp it is a soap... Verstappen defending his position that is racing and Ricardo must know better... wait one round for a better shot

He defending his position thats racing

Still you manage to defend Max from obvious and stupid mistakes like this one ? i really don't know how you can be that stubborn, you don't need to know any F1 rules to see that move was very dangerous.

Still you manage to defend Max from obvious and stupid mistakes like this one ? i really don't know how you can be that stubborn, you don't need to know any F1 rules to see that move was very dangerous.

Ohh man this is a forum and is my opinion. A little respect please for people with a opinion...

My opinion is based on

1 Redbull had after the pitstop say... no fighting again we go for the points
2. Ricardo zig zag... left and right before the atack I tought that this was not allowed anymore.
3 max move one time before he breaks and not second time
4 Ricardo crashed into Max, Max not in Ricardo

All you guys saying that he moved under braking can stop. Max did not move under braking. On this forum page 4 there is a link to the footage from the rbrs crashing. Max braked in a straight line. Didn't brake untill he closed the door on Riccy.
But Max should not have moved right a bit before that, he should have stayed on his line. It was his teammate... and i believe Riccy was faster in baku.
A great man once said, If you no longer go for a gap that is there, you are no longer a racing driver.
Here Riccy went for one that Max closed. Not sure if Max was really allowed to do that. So i blame Max. But this does not warrant him booting or benching at all. I feel Max should get apoint on his license for weaving in defense like the old days.
In china it was Max that went for a gap that Vettel left, after he completely missed his apex. And left a gap where a redbull could potentionally fit.
Max is bringing great racing ,mostly, but it is not going the way he wants and i think RBR should reel him in a bit. Finishing in top 10 brings more points than not finishing at all

Someone on here saying DOTD trophy dont matter. In the long run maybe, but believe me it is a feel good moment for Lecrerq. A recognition for his work in a lesser car. During the race, he was around his finishing posotion as well. So great race!

I loved seeing Checco on the podium. Those final laps, he did great.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 131 27.0%
  • Full game

Votes: 114 23.5%
  • CPU

Votes: 61 12.6%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 87 17.9%
  • Other PC related hardware