2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't like the idea of superpole pre-quali before the lap and definitely don't like it now. Over a second off my PB :( Gonna blame it on being drunk, even though it didn't effect my times in practice.

Time was a 31.1xx

My PB was 30.8.
I expected something between 31.0 and 31.3. But only managed 31.6.
Would be awesome be in Server 1, but I dont deserve it.

Honestly I dont enjoy drive this cars. They dont give me pleasure. To me personally the only good thing is the close racing it provides, so I didnt reach 70 laps of practice I think.
On the races usually Im pretty good, but I dont have the skill to go fast in terms of ultimate lap time.

My only consideration would be to RD reconsider, not for this season of course, the promotion and relegation system.
With more than 50 drivers is absolutely doable do 2 divisions of racing, without make the second division so tinny and shy.

The best way would do 2 or even 3 divisions, with a proper Pre Qualification system to put the drivers on it by merit...and each division have his own independence, so the drivers there can actually fight for something.

Just a thought.

Im saying that because I was Champion of a "C" group of a League here in Brazil with those Marcas cars, and I know it works. There we had 4 divisions, and all of them reached easily more than 25 drivers. And all of them were broadcasted.
We all knew we were racing were we deserved and racing for something more than a 31th place.

With SCE gaining members here at RD, would be nice have something like that.

That was fun :)

Pants lap for a 31.8 but having done no practice before today I'm just glad it was clean :thumbsup:
Really enjoyed the 1 shot shootout pressure... excellent fun:D

Good luck all, looking forward to seeing the times....

Well this was fun already...even without knowing the results.

Great stuff @Bram and @Davy Vandevenne
images

My only consideration would be to RD reconsider, not for this season of course, the promotion and relegation system.
With more than 50 drivers is absolutely doable do 2 divisions of racing, without make the second division so tinny and shy.
Read the rules please. We have two divisions, fully filled :) Including promotion relegation.

The whole point of the prequaly is to determine who will start round 1 in which group and who will be placed in the reserves.

Read the rules please. We have two divisions, fully filled :) Including promotion relegation.

The whole point of the prequaly is to determine who will start round 1 in which group and who will be placed in the reserves.

No Bram, you didnt got what I meant.
My point was exatcly that!
No promotion or relegation. Just fixed divisions defined by a more detailed PreQ system.

There is no Winner, Champion or Podium for second division. Only promotion.
Winners are only in Server 1.
Winner of server 2 is a 20th place finish.

But, nevermind. Was just an idea that works in another place.

Thank you.

I guess the promotion is to give the guys a second chance, especially if they could've theoretically made it in division 1. If you succeeded in the superpole by making it in division 1, you deserved it. Those with sufficient experience and nerves can keep their cool. :)

I like how things aren't made too forgiving, it makes things exciting and shows who's the man. :p

Yeah, that´s the philosophy that only the Winners matters.
But most of the guys paying for the Premium membership are just racers.
A more enjoyable and fair system would favour most of the drivers racing.

Personally I rather fight for a top 6 in a proper second or third division for the whole season, than win a access server and in the next race be starting in 26th place 2 seconds slower than the guys up in front without the slight possibility of make a impact.

But hey, thats just me.

Lets go out there and race. ;):coffee:

Just a question: why do you raise this after the pre-qualy and not in the month before? If the majority of the drivers would like to have a fixed second division we could have a small vote and make a change. Now it's a bit late :)

But again read the outlines as promotion / relegation isn't determined based on winning or losing a race but based on the general classification.

Imo league racing is all about winning and competing with the best. If drivers are slow a league with top drivers is THE chance to improve yourself and catch up. Competition makes you stronger. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back