2011 | 24 Hours of Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should remove the variance in the engine liftime then. Right now engine liftime varies from 22 to 30 hours. I think it should be guaranteed that if you treat your car well you will be able to finish the race. As of right now , though, some team might not see the checkquered flag because of bad luck( variance in engine lifetime).

From the engine.ini :

LifetimeAvg=93600 // average lifetime in seconds
LifetimeVar=14400

LiftimeVar should be 0 in my opinion. You can still destory your engine but everyone is starting under the same circumstances. There will be a lot of DNFs anyway due to disconnects and driver swaps and it would be bad to see a team not finish although they did everything right.

Theres is rev limit and you can change radiator, should make it to the end without those changes in engine.ini in my point off view

I went to race online, everything was good but when the practice session was restarted, my camera settings came back to default ( too far from the steering wheel). :(
Remember that if you change the values in your files you have to reboot the game, did you Simsync between the server being restarted(files could've been replaced)?
well you go into rfactor ....click settings....go to controls....and scroll through the list until you get to adjust seat forward...backwards.....etc.etc.....
As Conor suggested, have you tried mapping these keys?

Remember that if you change the values in your files you have to reboot the game, did you Simsync between the server being restarted(files could've been replaced)?

As Conor suggested, have you tried mapping these keys?

No, I haven't used simsync between changing the cam file.. I do know about moving the seat and it's 100 units forward. I do know about fov but I always use 60.
When I change the the cockpit cam values and adjust the driving view it's all good, but if the server is doing restart weekend, then the view is back to default.
I also know the "move cam" option if I press the U key, but that isn't good because if the mouse moves then the view also moves..

Theres is rev limit and you can change radiator, should make it to the end without those changes in engine.ini in my point off view

All it does is remove the variance!! The average lifetime remains the same. It ll guarantee every team will start under the same conditions. If you are unlucky you will start with an engine that is only going to last 22hrs max. I dont think that any team deserves that since there are enough other obstacles before a team will make it to the finish line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back