2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qual: 7th or somemthing, did not manage to put in 1 decent lap

Race 1: 12th
Was taking it easy, to easy at turn 3(?) hit the wall suspension bent. Lateron in lap one got bumped a couple of times and the other side of the car was damaged. Big plus it was going straight again, but lacking a lot of topspeed and the rear end was loose. Car was 5s a lap to slow lol,

Race 2: DNF
Think someone was trying to overtake in the permanent yellow T2 saw some cars flying managed to slow down and avoid cars in front until I got hit by other cars not slowing do enough or maybe even not slowing down at all. What can I say Macau is Macau. Watched to complete race as a spectator and saw some nice battles and a lot of banged up cars.

Thanx RD for the great league and thanx to all drivers for the races...

PS: my fraps is not recording right so you have to wait for the R2 T2 movie...

Came in 3rd in race 1, pretty good pace.

Race 2 disaster. 2 guys were next to each other in mandarin and caused a big pile up. crawled back to the pits with left front puncture and suspension problem and engine prblem. After pitstop car was undriveable due to broken engine and brakes.

I am not sure the rules, but I think the 2 guys broke the rules and ruined it for the rest.

Furthermore the people at the back of the grid didn't slow down, one even kept the paddle to the floor and flew into the piled up cars.

A night to forget.

Race 1: I backed off as not to pass into turn 2 as per the rules and my back end went out and all I found was a hard wall to bounce off. My error. Sorry to anyone who hit me, was hoping you would all pass me and I could carry on :)

Race 2: Made a good start from my nice last spot. Found a pile up down the straight and took on a lot of damage. Got back underway with a slightly dodgy, but drivable car. Made a pass on Eck and was then bumped into the next turn. Not hard but enough to finish off my suspension.

Finished the race moving out of most peoples way as down the straights I was a liablilty with my right swerving car. Still I managed to finish in Macau and my poor handling kept me occupied with no cars to race with :)

What a race again.

R1 had a good start: Q17 finished 9th.
R2, with a big crash ahead with 3 cars in the air.. Because two driver were not paying attention if there was a car next to them..
I finished 6th.

Great league, wish you all a good winter. On to the next league.

Thanks Racepartment

[Pic] Macau - Group 3 Race2 T2 exit

all bar 2 cars involved in some way or other.

I'm sure a movie will follow from someone.

Attachments

• g3_race2_lap1_t2.jpg
    g3_race2_lap1_t2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 274
Thanks for fullfilling my wish Henrik for making a double win hehe :)
At race 2, when I checked the positions at lap 2 or 3 and I think you were allready running 3rd, there was no doubt in my mind, you would take another win.

Congrats to Rami for winning the championship :thumb:!!
Indeed a well deserved achievement, mate. Thanks for all the nice videos and hope u can make some of this last event of the season :becky:

Cheers 2 all, for the nice racing. Very tough track, was somehow surprised people could take daring overtakings at places, I would never dream to do. But ok, that's racing.

Now for myself, reaasonable 16th place on grid at start, and ended my 1st race on 12th position.
2nd race didn''t make a good start, and lost 3 or 4 places.
I had a very good straight line speed, but lacked much grip in the bendy part of the track. Lost a few position at the tricky chicane before Moorish Hill after being hit from behind by Gilberto Estorninho. Was 20th then at recovering. When I was behind Gilberto again he was kind enough to let me pass through :thumb: Cheers mate.

I had fun competing but somehow I'm glad it's all over, cause this league had taken much of my free time haha. I don't know what my final position is, but I hope to be in 15th :amen:

Qual: Pole Finish: 1st

My only thoughts were to get the power down good with minimal wheelspin and try and break away early,the plan went very well with a slightly high risk opening 2 laps,but it payed off,then i think the start of lap 4??,i braked a tad too late at T3(tight right),and clipped the wall a bit,that nice man on the radio informed "suspension damage",thankfully not serious as the car felt no different,but hard worked for gap was more or less gone,thats when it dawned on me i was actually going to have concentrate very hard for the whole 8 laps or else Jose Cesar was right there to take the win if i slipped again....i didnt :becky:,brought it home for a lovely G2 win.
Race2 from 8th i didnt really know what to expect,got off the line well and took a seat just before we do the first left then i fall happily in line for the "No Passing T2" and all goes well for me there,although i think i got lucky not to be collected by a car spearing right towards the wall,i think i fluked getting past there without losing any exit speed from T2 (big phew),i saw a Seat from behind coming in way way too hot for T3 so i pulled up a bit and let him head to the scene of his accident without me :wink:,then it gets a bit blurry....but now very early i am up to 3rd and chasing down Alex and Karl in the lead fight,Alex gets wide and taps the wall at T3 allowing me a run beside him for T4,Alex sees it all no probs and gives me just enough room to squeeze past to 2nd place,very nice awareness and driving Alex :thumb:.
Now i begin the pressure on Karl :evil:.....i get my first attempt to pass approaching the final turn and get about 80% beside Karl but he is prepared to defend hard squeezing me into the barriers all the way round final turn,all very good hard fair racing though,and good fun too :thumb:.
I keep applying pressure where ever possible,i get a good run out of T4 going up the hill and just get my front wing upside Karls rear right wing and hope he sees me,i know from previous races there is a bit of jutting out barrier not far ahead that will end your race in the blink of an eye...unfortunatly me and Karl contact so so slightly and the back of his bimmer comes round :(,if i just had 20cm more space going up there we wouldnt touch m8,but ofcourse from then i knew i couldnt keep this stolen first place,i kept an eye on the gap between Karl in 2nd(so glad he kept that!!),when i seen the gap was safe to give Karl his lead back i done so on the final lap at T3,then i annoyed and pressured him as much as possible to the line :evil::evil: :p.
But Karl held his nerve and took his car over for a very deserved Win!!
What a perfect ending to this fine Series,these were 2 of the best rounds for me despite all the feelings of doom before hand :becky:.
Big Grats all podiums and especially Karl for somehow driving an E90 round Macau!!?? :thumb:.
Biggest grats to our new WTCC Championez' Rami Kaukola!!! :)

(Now back to the drawing board for some plans going on for the future in GTR-E) *Evil Mad Sceintist Laugh* Muuuuhahhahahaahaaaa~~~~~

• Wido Rossen

race 1

Started from 11th place.
Good start and drove a pretty constand race.
Hit the wall once but could take my place back.
After 5 laps i finisht 5th.

race 2

Started from 4th place.
Again a good start but hat to stay behind David Lemon before t2.
But there whas Oliver Amos and a Seat.
Both would not back off and the Seat crasht and started a massive pilleup at the straight with at least 10 cars involved.
I could continue my race with no splitter and saw the guys behind me closing in.
Then as i lookt in the mirror a saw Sasnici (?) overtaking in the hairpin.
He give that spot back and they continued there race.
After 6 and some laps Nils showed up in my mirror.
Me badley damaged and Nils ?....but he came quick to my rear end.
I managed to keep Nils behind and finisht 6 or 7.

Up to the next championship

• Jacek Kozlowski

Bigest bad luck for me in this season!!

Quali -21 but didnt worry about this as in races it always get better-that what i thougt

And almost had right.Both races manage to climb from back (p21-p17)
to place nr.10 and 9-(in race 2 had some big pressure fromS.Trendell)

but on last lap (in both races) had really big crashes -first braking too late and hit the wall-r1 DNF -and in second almost same thing -hit wall and DNF -and those both crashes on last laps of both races

One good thing is that i manage to drive for more than 75% of race so some points at least for me,but huge dissapoitment .

Grats for winners and podium holders.Its been great pleasure to race with all You Guyes.
First simracing season for me,now i have more expeirience.
THANKS FOR RD AND ALL PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS LEAGUE

Quali well... was on G4 until got promoted up. thought i wasn't going to make it at one point - server saying full for a good 2mins before i got on.. with about 5s to spare! Unfortunate Thomas Lee was unable to join in too. anyway not able to set a time here but had done a pb of 2:34.074 on G4 server.

Race 1 - for some strange reason i'd got stuck on 8th. not sure why or how. knew drastically i was out of position. plan was to make a smooth start on lap 1 and not take anyone out. good start saw me move up to 5th (practice had paid off!) but as approaching maternity got the car out of shape under braking and clipped the barrier - this put me to the outside of the corner thankfully and the field passed. as i pulled off got the "puncture on right front" message and hobbled back to the pits. once repaired spent the race closing down the guys in front. took it from over 1m30s to around 20sec at the end of the race crossing (i think) 21.

Race21 - another flying start and moved up to 15. had the option of a run down the inside of a honda to t2 but decided to play it cautious and moved in behind. saw smoke starting to go up and the brake lights of the guys in front start to flicker. eased of but when the honda in front stopped quickly i moved out to the right as i hit my brakes heavier than was already doing and hit a stationary BMW. cars from every direction. i ended up pointing wrong way so was basically last to leave again. thought about pitting but the damage was just about driveable. Took a lap or 2 to adjust then set about the cars in front. from lap 7 closed up to 13th place man Eckhart and plagued him for a lap then on 8 went for it.... and promptly lost it in t2 forgetting that front aero had gone. non repairable damage and the end to the league which I have thouroughly enjoyed.

thanks RD great job!

race 1

Started from 11th place.
Good start and drove a pretty constand race.
Hit the wall once but could take my place back.
After 5 laps i finisht 5th.

race 2

Started from 4th place.
Again a good start but hat to stay behind David Lemon before t2.
But there whas Oliver Amos and a Seat.
Both would not back off and Amos caused the Seat to crash and started a massive pilleup at the straight with at least 10 cars involved.
I could continue my race with no splitter and saw the guys behind me closing in.
Then as i lookt in the mirror a saw Sasnici (?) overtaking in the hairpin.
He give that spot back and they continued there race.
After 6 and some laps Nils showed up in my mirror.
Me badley damaged and Nils ?....but he came quick to my rear end.
I managed to keep Nils behind and finisht 6 or 7.

Up to the next championship

Wido I was out of the race in lap1 must have been someone else in your mirror lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Where are you racing next?

• iRacing

Votes: 61 13.5%
  • LFM

Votes: 33 7.3%
  • SimGrid

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • SimRacing.GP

Votes: 2 0.4%