• Livestreams

Votes: 48 16.6%
  • Easier access

Votes: 146 50.3%
  • Other? post your reason

Votes: 42 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted "other leagues". I would like to see more historic content. Open wheelers or tintops. No aero, crap tires and brakes and ridiculously overpowered.
As slideways said "Historics"
A plethora of classes for folks that might be learning to control 150 BHP* cars with little grip, I think that if the effort were to be put in to get a balance of driver skill/ability then more folk might be persuaded to spend time in the league... and the forums/site, after all you've got 3 1/2 million folks here to advertise to (hmmm revenue)

Would a simple rule of a race or two in the lower class* to prove you can keep out of trouble be acceptable before firing up a more potent weapon in a higher league

* Austin Mini, Lotus cortina , Alfa GTA, AE86 (there's a pile of mods out there as well)
and for the braver souls Single seater Historics and Powerful GT/Saloons

Other > I do club races here because of the 'good intentions', in our wednesday/thursday/sunday AC clubraces at least. So, already club racing here, but for me the safe/clean/fair community racing is key.

As Slideways and Pete said. Historics. That being said, I can't commit to a league. If there was a way to have time trial competitions, I would be interested in that. For that reason I voted "other".

I votet "other"
All the same conditions.
VR.
No additional displays other than those that come with the vehicle.
Absolutely no driving aids whatsoever.
Random weather or race track weather data and random time of day.
A race track that starts with green.
Only real clutch and shifter if historical.
No mandatory pit stops.
This is where the wheat is separated from the chaff.
So basically the same way I drive offline

Last edited:
For real i participated in few club races after 15years break from MP and i had great fun. There was nothing wrong about it, except the whole thing just took way to long time.
With wife and kids around, additionaly when it starts late (in my timezone) i just don´t want or can´t spend the whole evening.

Short meetings would be something for me. 15min practice, 15min quali, 10 laps race + 5 laps sprint race for example and we are ready within 1,5 hours :)

You can't please everyone, of course. An evening of racing is quite long and late for me. And to be even a lttle bit competitive, I have to train a lot for each new track. Maybe, for example, a series of casual races with the same car and track would be an idea. That way, training wouldn't be necessary, and we could start racing earlier.

Having them not happen in the middle of my work day. They all happen at 2-3pm EST. Seems like the US doesn't have enough sim racers to have races in our time zones. Its this way with a lot of services.

other: currently, i have NO desire to do any racing against other real people, or worry about what mods, rules, tech i need for a club event or if it costs any money to do - If club events are free, use VR, got multiple times they could be taking place including having the same event over 3 days or so, that might help, allow custom skins on the cars( like user made), choose from multiple tracks or variations of the tracks all might help with club events

having real life trophy or even just a forum trophy gets me more apt to compete.

Last edited:
I voted "other leagues". I would like to see more historic content. Open wheelers or tintops. No aero, crap tires and brakes and ridiculously overpowered.
Hi Paul,

Have a look at the AC races. We have those events every week!

For real i participated in few club races after 15years break from MP and i had great fun. There was nothing wrong about it, except the whole thing just took way to long time.
With wife and kids around, additionaly when it starts late (in my timezone) i just don´t want or can´t spend the whole evening.

Short meetings would be something for me. 15min practice, 15min quali, 10 laps race + 5 laps sprint race for example and we are ready within 1,5 hours :)
Hi Kevin,

The AC Thursday events from Paul Fairweather use this kind of format.
And the FWD vs RWD series on Wednesday use the same cars everytime so when you have a good base setup, you don't need much practice. You can limit your participation to 1,5 hours and still be competitive.

I should say, give both a try.

Last edited:
Hi Paul,

Have a look at the AC races. We have those events every week!
I don't tend to race anything bar rF2 these days. If ACE turns out well and is moddable I'll be taking a look and will be switching from rF2 if the paid subscription thing happens.
I don't mind AC so that'll be in the mix if ACE doesn't suit.

I votet "other"
All the same conditions.
VR.
No additional displays other than those that come with the vehicle.
Absolutely no driving aids whatsoever.
Random weather or race track weather data and random time of day.
A race track that starts with green.
Only real clutch and shifter if historical.
No mandatory pit stops.
This is where the wheat is separated from the chaff.
So basically the same way I drive offline
The racing club here as always been beginner-friendly, so no way you'll ever see it like this.

Also, forcing VR (let's ignore if this is even possible for now) would greatly reduce the player numbers. Same goes for forcing other era-centric controllers. And no way to ban every display bar the ones actually on the car. I have an LCD on my rim, must I now disable it because you don't like it?

I get where you're coming from, but it's exactly the opposite of what the racing club has always been about.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 196 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 37 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 30 13.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 32 14.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 62 27.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 76 34.2%