Votes: 104 10.8%
  • WSS World Sim Series

Votes: 22 2.3%

Votes: 482 50.3%
  • Raceroom

Votes: 52 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And the dev`s don`t care about us. :) What about single player career or race events in todays sim titles. That is my biggest complain about sim racing. Rigs, wheels, PC`s for 10k+, nice graphics and realistic physics but no single player content which is worth playing. For this reason I´m now in AC with custom championship and the BTCC 1998/99 incl. the five VRC cars. I recreated Toca2 Championship with all cars and tracks in 26 rounds, the exact whether from 1998 and the given points for first til tenth place aswell the point for pole. Flying around Thruxton with over 220 km/h wheel to wheel and bumper on bumper in my triple 21:9 sim rig is adrenalin pure. Bang Bang through the gears with sequential shifter. The wheel in only one hand shakes and almost breaks your hand while the engine is crying on the high revs when you blip the gas when downshifting. Man this sound from this Super Tourers... Lovely :) This brings me back to 98 where we were playing Toca 2 splitscreen mode championship on PS1. Lots of fun and memories. Ok now i am hyped from my own words i´ve wrote and must go back in my rig :laugh: Thanks for reading!
Offline can (for me and many) be great when you understand the AI on a good few platforms, knowing when the AI is going to pounce is a little like racing against an early to early-mid humans, where 'you just know that the gap you accidentally left is in full commitment by the opponent, so if you try to cover it surely contact will be made, I found that the unpredictable is frustraiting because you're always watching for some AI to do something daft, like when you back off a bit (to let them past) they do too, or overtake going into the pits, it can be frustraiting.
But just as many times there's the same scenario in Online as perhaps many player racers fall into the Senna (if you don't go for a gap then you are no longer a race driver) trap, it's just that they do it from the second day of playing the game/sim, and that because it worked one time they try to repeat the move every corner of every race and it gets tiring in public servers... AC.🧠🫣🤕

Don't get me too wrong though, there are a good few 'good' online racers out there but many of them find a private server and race close... VR must help there (I don't do VR) and if one of the upcomming titles ACE, PMR are released with easy to set up free lobbies I'll be in there and play with trusted mates, (some from this forum too)
But for the time being, I set races in GTL-GTR2 like Goodwood Revival and even try a few Historic 3-6 hour races but that can be difficult because it becomes a race of attrition often with the ancient build of the game leaving cars upside down on the track for dozens of laps while they run out of fuel and get removed for the wheels finally stopping turning.:sleep:

I've met a lot of sim racers over the last 2 decades who were of the opinion that they were the better or the true sim racers because they only play multiplayer and hate single play

And once again a simple poll speaks a clear language. We as single players are at least as important.

I always wonder why developers always focus so much on MP that they forget about necessary and simple SP features

Glad to see hatred of playing with others is not just a me thing. Rather play by myself that way I can start/stop when I want, go to the bathroom if needed, pause for my wife or kids without any issues and NEVER have to worry about T1 on Monza or some rando's punting me because I over took him.
Wait, wait, wait! Time for wife or kids?:cautious: Pfff... You are not a simracer! Absolutely zero passion at all! Shame on you!:D
And remember if someone destroy your race by hitting you on purpose it's only your fault!:p You should know overtaking others is prohibited:cool:

Amateur:p

Yes, I'm joking:)

Last edited:
I've met a lot of sim racers over the last 2 decades who were of the opinion that they were the better or the true sim racers because they only play multiplayer and hate single play

And once again a simple poll speaks a clear language. We as single players are at least as important.

I always wonder why developers always focus so much on MP that they forget about necessary and simple SP features
I think it's all about money. These games are services already. Even Gran Turismo (which is not a simracing game) always be a great single player game until GT Sport and... GT Sport 2.0 aka GT7 which is a joke from PlayStation community IMHO.

There is a one good thing when it comes to such games as service model when we talk about simracing. They can evolve with time, be bigger and better (also thanks to mods from fantastic community).

It's not that bad if and only if devs give us a chance to play single when servers gone down forever. Because they will sooner or later.

EDIT: And it's a comment from someone who play online very often! And of course I am a true sim racer and elite because of it:D;)

EDIT: I change reaction from 'like' to 'haha' because of this sentence (it always sounds funny for me - I hope you understand why):

I've met a lot of sim racers over the last 2 decades who were of the opinion that they were the better or the true sim racers because they only play multiplayer...
Cheers!:)

Last edited:
So this fancy new OT site regard AC lobbies as "offline"? Or AMS2 P2P?

Or how about YT simracing channels as GPLaps, Turbo Racing and the likes of still exploring invitational truly competitive online events in +25yo vintage racing added latest goodies in GPL, GTL, RBR, F1C99-02, AMS1 and so on?

Does the youngsters at OverTake regard this as "offline"?

Let that sink in.

I sincerely think that these absolutely amazing ancient options and keeping the patient alive in an absolutely amazing state of health deserve a ray of sunshine.

If it will only produce a result of 1%, then that is enough to generate interest.

In my opinion, there should be much more focus on that part, but I know the new greedy publishers around the world are paranoid and think they will lose more dollars from their pockets on that account.

They don't. These ancient sim options will just ensure a wonderfil increase in the interest in sim racing and historical sim racing on a general level, so there will be tougher requirements for up-to-date sims.

Regards,
A 97% offline simmer (with joy)

Last edited:
@ Overtake
You have three and a half million members (presumably interested in sim racing) yet only 500 can be bothered to answer a poll regarding their sim racing preferences, that's less than .015%
Perhaps you need to look at what they want from the site.

just an observation

I think it's all about money. These games are services already. Even Gran Turismo (which is not a simracing game) always be a great single player game until GT Sport and... GT Sport 2.0 aka GT7 which is a joke from PlayStation community IMHO.

There is a one good thing when it comes to such games as service model when we talk about simracing. They can evolve with time, be bigger and better (also thanks to mods from fantastic community).

It's not that bad if and only if devs give us a chance to play single when servers gone down forever. Because they will sooner or later.

EDIT: And it's a comment from someone who play online very often! And of course I am a true sim racer and elite because of it:D;)

EDIT: I change reaction from 'like' to 'haha' because of this sentence (it always sounds funny for me - I hope you understand why):

Cheers!:)
Yes it is always about Money. But it’s not because of MP alone. Why is an average simcade like project cars fe. sold far better than some of our beloved sims ? Sure not because of the MP. They offered modes for SP. Even a career mode. Which was an unbalanced mess if I am honest.
And a Forza horizon is so popular because you can easy access it as a SP or MP.
I think if Reiza manage to bring a career mode and advertise the game with this feature some day, the player numbers could explode.

@ Overtake
You have three and a half million members (presumably interested in sim racing) yet only 500 can be bothered to answer a poll regarding their sim racing preferences, that's less than .015%
Perhaps you need to look at what they want from the site.

just an observation
I bet half of them just registered to get a mod for their favourite game :/

Wait, wait, wait! Time for wife or kids?:cautious: Pfff... You are not a simracer! Absolutely zero passion at all! Shame on you!:D
And remember if someone destroy your race by hitting you on purpose it's only your fault!:p You should know overtaking others is prohibited:cool:

Amateur:p

Yes, I'm joking:)

When I bought my new seat my wife and kids said "what about us?" I scuffed and yelled "RACECARS!!!!"

If I go online again, it'll be vintage lobbies in AC or for something more casual for AMS2. Absolutely in no hurry to do either though, I have enough vintage car and working-ai-track combos in AC for the immediate future thanks very much, and will give more modern things a try when (if?) AMS2's 1.6 update arrives.

Yes it is always about Money. But it’s not because of MP alone. Why is an average simcade like project cars fe. sold far better than some of our beloved sims ? Sure not because of the MP. They offered modes for SP. Even a career mode. Which was an unbalanced mess if I am honest.
And a Forza horizon is so popular because you can easy access it as a SP or MP.
I think if Reiza manage to bring a career mode and advertise the game with this feature some day, the player numbers could explode.
Sure it's always about money! I just answer a question:p

You are generally right in your point of view and I agree in almost 100%. You do not take a note that simcades are friendly to play on gamepad. They are fun and for everyone. That's why I mentioned Gran Turismo (the game about grinding;)).

Project Cars 2 have career which was beauty in it's simplicity. There are much more titles.

Career in AMS2 would be great but I still wonder if Reiza adds it finally. I don't expect much. It's not series oriented game like WRC or F1 so something similar to PC2 could be ok but it's AMS2 and not PC2 so 1:1 copy don't sound satysfying.

BTW You mean Project Cars 3 as I understand?

FYI Forza Horizon is not in my type. I don't find it interesting or funny. If I want play something different than sims I prefer old style arcade games like Ridge Racer, MotorStorm or Wreckfest. Wipeout too:)

Last edited:
I bet half of them just registered to get a mod for their favourite game :/
I'm quite convinced that number is higher, counting the bullet frame of the user share solely taking advantage of the download section and nothing more.

I can identify my user registered here (or rather at RD) just over 10 years ago.
I clearly remember the circumstances - it was a suggestion via the DrivingItaila site, of which I mainly used for GTR2 and rF1 mod grabs that I couldn't find on the larger sites as NoGripRacing, rfactorcentral, esport-racing and many more download sites, of which by now are either closed or with dead links.

And checking my RD forum debate history I identify my first post here being 4 years after my registration, this in connection with the fact that the NGR site was unfortunately suddenly shut down. Then another post, 2 years later, just to ask the identical question :thumbsdown::D
It was only later, just before Cov19 shutdown, that my RD forum activity increased, and starting to use RD at almost a daily basis, reading the RD news articles, greatly inspiring me to start my engines in all the newer sims added in my Steam barn, only to collect dust until then.

My personal estimate would rather be something like 95% of RD/OT registrered users solely taking advantage of the download section, perhaps even with a large subset having used the site just for once.

I would be surprised if the number of active users is higher and it isn't reflected as higher poll counts...

Last edited:
BTW You mean Project Cars 3 as I understand?
No no sry i meant PC2. Yes it has a well thought out but poorly implemented career. Very unbalanced. Like the whole game btw.
PC3 is another topic. As soon i have given up the game as a sim and begun to play it with chase cam and controller i had some fun with it. The "career" here was not bad and had some variety in it. I would even say it was more fun than a had with the newest Forza M. ... sadly

No no sry i meant PC2. Yes it has a well thought out but poorly implemented career. Very unbalanced. Like the whole game btw.
PC3 is another topic. As soon i have given up the game as a sim and begun to play it with chase cam and controller i had some fun with it. The "career" here was not bad and had some variety in it. I would even say it was more fun than a had with the newest Forza M. ... sadly
I like your criticizm because of arguments even if PC2 is for me one of the best simracing game in their time and I love this simple career mode:D However I understand your point of view. For sure it was unbalanced especially when it comes to difficulty.

Thank you for honest answer Kevin:)

Latest News

Back