What was your first ever steering wheel PC or Console

41REABR3M1L._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

No FFB version. Got it broken from a family friend and fixed it myself.
Same here, think I bought it in 1999. It was the FFB version though, got Monster Truck Madness with it as a bundle.

Same here, think I bought it in 1999. It was the FFB version though, got Monster Truck Madness with it as a bundle.
I also had the FFB version mine came with Midtown Madness I got it I think in 2000 or 2001 it was a great wheel but when Windows XP came out there was no support for it great move Micorstop

1664345330789.png
1664345359456.png

Looking back, it was really a great childhood. Despite my dad having an affair and the family falling apart, my mother still did her best to try to make me as happy as I can and gave me all the toys I wanted.

This relic made some of my happiest memories. I even raced my dad in the PS1 version of Sports Car GT with this. He never really spent much time with us and thought videogames were stupid, but it was still a very nice memory.

My first was a Trust GTX27, it was on the small side but it made me feel in control, though it only had two pedals I loved it, the first one cost about £30 and lasted a couple of years, a second one £4o for the year it lasted, and yes, a third one from ebay for a fiver... though it wasn't long before I weighed in for a G29 (that has it's own problms with dust in the throttle actuator)... WOW the difference was a similar jump from the hand controller to a wheel.

I am now confused but... Need... to move up to a DD (belt drive is too noisy on the vids I've seen) but I don't know where to start... I should really jump for a cockpit rig but my enjoyment is from the slower and older cars (Cortina.MkII,E-Type...) and most sims are GT3/4 with much of the controller market based around that.

I'd love to hear from satisfied 'oldies' about their 'rigs' and what not to do.

Latest News

Back