VWSR S4: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was disappointing. Qualy went bad with a massive spin but still P10. Start was good, but just got taken out, which spun me across the track and ruined 3 other cars.
As it was stated several times I wanted to use the rejoin so I am not a danger going around with no wing, but it didn't work so my race was 1 corner. Havent seen something that unnecessary in a long time here... As I left more than a good cars width there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not been following this post and updated to new build so can't join, no time to back date :(

Would I be able to do some laps, low fuel and high fuel and send you a video of them or something along those lines.

The new build came at a silly moment. Our server admin is out of office at the moment. I tried to up-date the server myself, but it just stopped. :(

I hope you can join the next test race. :thumbsup:
I'll reserve a spot for all sign-ups and reserves, who couldn't make this race. :)

The new build came at a silly moment. Our server admin is out of office at the moment. I tried to up-date the server myself, but it just stopped. :(

I hope you can join the next test race. :thumbsup:
I'll reserve a spot for all sign-ups and reserves, who couldn't make this race. :)

Thanks m8 good to know won't be penaliZed for something out of our control!

Thanks for racing today.

Had a horrible event mostly, but atleast a fun race1.

Q's: Was been held up both times at sector 1, but also failed for the rest of the lap, so midfield starts for me. The main reason why I hate superpole's, even moreso with short races in combination.

R's: race 1 was quite fun driving with Daniel mostly for the positions. Georg's engine blew up in my face at the end though and we got a bit of a slapstick crash there :D np though

race 2: I was trying to pass Nicolas for a while, but in a corner where I actually wasn't attacking, I went in my normal line, but that was too deep and very different to Nicolas line and we collided. I'm sorry for that. Also to the guy who touched my car afterwards when I was standing backwards there trying to arrange a way to rejoin somehow.

shame I can't do the next test since I could use some practice with the superpoles and such, since the races are so damn short.
CU guys to the actual season :)

Q1: Turned up late to the party and this was my first lap around COTA outside of F12013 which I played last year so... yeah. Not much knowledge or confidence but 8th was good enough.

R1: Made a mega start and got right to the inside of T1 which got me out of the way of the carnage. After that I just followed the cars I was behind whilst running in 5th to better learn the track and braking points. Eventually I bettered my pace enough to start passing and gradually moved up to 2nd and gaining a little on Aleksi but it was far too little too late but 2nd from 8th is worth having a party over.

Q2: After a great race one I was feeling confident before I span in S2 and the anti-stall kicked in. 12th on the grid and a physical mountain to climb.

R2: Another perfect start and some aggressive moves saw me move to 5th by the end of the first lap. Now with renewed confidence I made relatively quick work of 4th and 3rd to get in to a podium position setting the fastest lap of either race along the way. I did catch the two leaders by about 4 seconds over 20 or so minutes but in the end my tyres went away from pushing early and I had to settle for 3rd. Again very happy with a drive up the field but in reality I could have at least been fighting for a win had I got my act together in the qualifying session.

Great stuff and interesting to see how peoples pace changed through a race. Hope the admins pair us up based more on consistency as some people set fast laps and finished no where special due to spins or fast wearing tyres.

Good racing with everyone today and a much better start to race 2 after the crashing in race 1.

- Oscar.

race 1 started badly and ended well, happy with my pace when in clean air, too many incidents beforehand spoiled it slightly.

race 2, spun and faced the wall on lap 1, couldnt find reverse button, had to unlock the shifter on g25 and use manual reverse, lost 35 seconds, caught up with the guys on lap 10 and started passing only for my engine to blow up the very next lap.

good fun while it lasted, apologies for the chat before race 2, the video will explain why i was a bit annoyed, no excuses though, sorry to all :thumbsup:

race 1 started badly and ended well, happy with my pace when in clean air, too many incidents beforehand spoiled it slightly.

race 2, spun and faced the wall on lap 1, couldnt find reverse button, had to unlock the shifter on g25 and use manual reverse, lost 35 seconds, caught up with the guys on lap 10 and started passing only for my engine to blow up the very next lap.

good fun while it lasted, apologies for the chat before race 2, the video will explain why i was a bit annoyed, no excuses though, sorry to all :thumbsup:

1. You broke 40 metres too early. I had to take evasive action somewhere, and on the inside was the best option, since I would have run into you had I gone right. I already apologised to you, but then you seemed to think I ruined your life or something. Chill a bit.

2. If your FOV was higher than 1, you may have seen me on the inside, and not turned into me. The 3rd incident in your video, I wasn't given any space. But it was an optimistic overtake, I agree. I also apologised for this. You can ask anyone who raced me in race 2, or indeed FSR, whether I am a clean racer or not. My safety rating speaks for itself.

Nice try though. :thumbsup:

Was quite fun in race 2 nearer the front racing with guys who don't brake like yesterday. Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. ;)

First league race, First race with this car, First race on this track. Last time I will say first. fastest time's were 1:51's so played it safe not to ruin anyone else's times. Was gonna finish last anyway. So can only go up from here. 1000 laps coming at Hockenheim:)

Dewald. First incident there the braking point is the 100m board you were 20m late and had no car been there you were in the astro.

Second one you hit someone under braking from behind where it is your responsibility to complete the pass safely and you didn't causing another incident.

Third incident you span because your braking was ambitious at best. Causing another incident. Maybe you are clean as a driver but that video showed something decidedly different.

If people are braking early then thats fine. On you to leave time to react but instead you carried on driving in to the braking zones pretty much assuring an incident. Really not a clever show at all.

Also, using the fact you race FSR as a back up point for 'a clean driver' is laughable. FSR is not really that clean a series.

What was it you said? Nice try though :thumbsup:

Maybe try and be a little less facetious about a race in which it was you causing the problems.

- Oscar.

First thanks to all the 22 drivers who attended.
Secondly apologies that the Quali was set to super-pole format rather than the planned 10 mins session. We will double check for next session. I am a learner staff member and mainly do the front end stuff for this league so wasn't able to change it.

The racing: Some unfortunate lap 1 incidents that we need to avoid. This one wasn't even for points so if we can really reduce lap 1 heroics and keep safe it would be good. The main race will be 45 mins so we will all have time to show what we have.
That aside I think we saw some great racing all the way down the grid. I was in a big fight for P14-18 for many laps with passes and re passes which was very entertaining. Its was def the best racing I have had in the Formula Renault car and better IMO than the 2010 spec.
Pretty much no one was lapped which is nice too.

While I was battling in the back part of the mid field with a few drivers I was thinking about great battles that the #2 drivers will be having.

A word on etiquette. Please be aware of the RD rules regarding your conduct in the lobby and the way that concerns about on track incidents are to be handled.
They will be ruthlessly enforced in this league. We come here for fun not money. Please show respect on the track and off it.
@David Turnbull
@Dewald Nel
You are both in breach of these rules. Both here and in the lobby.
Read them and adhere to them please.
This is your first and final warning.
@Oscar Hardwick
I'm afraid I have to add you to this warning.
We are not interested in a slanging match here in the race thread.
Use the official procedures.

I spectated most of race 2 so got to check out a lot of nice work on skins. Well done.

See you soon.
David

Last edited:
Dewald. First incident there the braking point is the 100m board you were 20m late and had no car been there you were in the astro.

Second one you hit someone under braking from behind where it is your responsibility to complete the pass safely and you didn't causing another incident.

Third incident you span because your braking was ambitious at best. Causing another incident. Maybe you are clean as a driver but that video showed something decidedly different.

If people are braking early then thats fine. On you to leave time to react but instead you carried on driving in to the braking zones pretty much assuring an incident. Really not a clever show at all.

Also, using the fact you race FSR as a back up point for 'a clean driver' is laughable. FSR is not really that clean a series.

What was it you said? Nice try though :thumbsup:

Maybe try and be a little less facetious about a race in which it was you causing the problems.

- Oscar.

Nah, I braked at the 100m board, as I did every lap. Nice cuts there by you, by the way. I'm sure @Georg Winter would agree. ;)

But hey, we all make mistakes I guess. :roflmao:

And FSR is not always that clean, I agree, but you get penalty points against you for anything.

Me and Georg spoke about it and laughed in the end. Second race with the experience in it was something I did far less with the second last corner being my issue in race 1.

Still your braking was comically late and caused incidents 3 times. So don't defend it. Just apologise and don't do it again. You know, like I did in race 2 with the cutting. The whole defending and then being sarcastic with someone you repeatedly caused contact with is not really a good way of going about it.

Apologise, improve, succeed. 3 easy rules to get where you need to be.

Me and Georg spoke about it and laughed in the end. Second race with the experience in it was something I did far less with the second last corner being my issue in race 1.

Still your braking was comically late and caused incidents 3 times. So don't defend it. Just apologise and don't do it again. You know, like I did in race 2 with the cutting. The whole defending and then being sarcastic with someone you repeatedly caused contact with is not really a good way of going about it.

Apologise, improve, succeed. 3 easy rules to get where you need to be.

Maybe you didn't spot my apology? I made an apology in the lobby, and instead of accepting and moving on, it was made a thing, instead of moving on. Maybe your buddy take some of your own advice there, matey. :thumbsup:

I wasn't gonna make anything about him braking 10 years too early, but he wanted me to, so ;)

My day was with mixed fortunes.

Both Q laps i had done mistkaes. a real big shame i couldnt show my true pace i did in practice. as PB was 1:43.8

R1 : started 4th but was too conservative in T1 to avoid crashing. lost some positions to 8th. then had good fights and recovery to 4th. after people ahead had thier issues . fighting all the way. Great duel with Dino ( both races)

R2 : started 17th after attacked too much in Qualy. had a very good run trough the field with at least 5-6 very nice overtakes which was huge fun. i had to recover so many time and positions and even then managed almost FL in race with 45.9 2 laps to the end with worn tires. finished 6th.
The good - great pace , fun & fair racing at the front .
one of the best cars i drove in sim i think. in terms of realism. tires , dirty air , braking , DRS effect. everything 10/10

the bad - didnt like the annoying chat by people before sessions + the last minute change to the super pole which basiclly affected my final result , for next time i will bounce back , as i left hope for more , at least a podium finish.

@David O'Reilly

were am in breach of rd rules in this thread? i dont think i am, ive not started any slagging match, i posted a vid highlight of my incidents, i made a small race report, something i do after every race i have on rd, nowhere did i mention any names and i apologised for my conduct on the server, but i wont apologise for something i havent done here :thumbsup:

regards him keeping on about this thats upto him, the video is there so have a nice day :)

cya all at the first race maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 123 27.7%
  • Full game

Votes: 103 23.2%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.4%
  • Graphics card