AMS2 V8 Touringcar @ Kyalami July 7th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
291796963_1466327427124428_8297904352762077986_n.jpg

See? No join button, I doubt Discord can fix that, which incidently isnt working either (my side).
AMS being its usual troublesome self when it comes to multiplayer I guess. No worries, have a nice race boys :)

Last edited:
i also had the same as you Jan. couldnt see the join button.
was going to try the MX5 race, but ran out of time.

whats the safety rating in AMS2? does it matter when joining a server race ?

there is a rating on the upper right of some of my screens U1500 or something. but its never changed. im new to AMS so not fully up to speed on a lot of things. lack of a user manual doesnt help either. otherwise i would have "RTFM" .

hope all was fun for the guys that managed to connect. cheers all.

hi guys. saw the server. tried to join but told it was full ??

refreshed server list and it had vanished .. no more RD server. oops.

Sorry guys I couldn't join the race, driving with 40/50 FPS is undoable in VR.
The weird thing is tho that joining other online server I didn't have these issues. But only after a reboot?! So when I joined our server I had no performance, left the server and joined an other it was the same. Reboot joined an online server no problems then joined the RD server, straightaway frame issues. Weird can't think of any problems with my rig because I did a complete clean reinstall 3 weeks ago????? Well I will join next Tuesday and see if it's the same then. For now sleep well everybody! See you at the next one.

Sorry guys I couldn't join the race, driving with 40/50 FPS is undoable in VR.
The weird thing is tho that joining other online server I didn't have these issues. But only after a reboot?! So when I joined our server I had no performance, left the server and joined an other it was the same. Reboot joined an online server no problems then joined the RD server, straightaway frame issues. Weird can't think of any problems with my rig because I did a complete clean reinstall 3 weeks ago????? Well I will join next Tuesday and see if it's the same then. For now sleep well everybody! See you at the next one.
Yeah i had same issue for VR @ 36fps which i never had before. i restarted the game and joined RD server directly and then it was fine.

I think its an issue with AMS2 actually as i went in again in VR on a test day wit low FPS and had to restart the game

Last edited:
I would like to thank everyone that partcipated, or try to participate, last night. In the end we had some good races be it with a somewhat smaller grid. Lets aim for more drivers and therefor more fights on track.
The car surely showed it can facilitate those. The absence of (an abundance) of downforce, TC and ABS showed all drivers strugeling to be as consistant as we are with for instance a GT3 car. The result was many drivers swapping places when the car ahead missed the apex because or went wide because he pushed the trottle to soon. Great!

My learnings from this race:
  • MP rating is not needed, and will prevent new to AMS drivers to join, dont use
  • MP rating seems to have an impact on FPS, again dont use
  • Mist and rain will have impact on framerate off VR drivers. Better not or warn upfront
  • Fixed setup was great. There was still a reasonable gap between the slowest and fastest driver (can also be practice) but they were grouped and I saw fighting on many places.
  • Qually session of 10 min is enough.
Looking forward to the next races. Will announce today!

Hi Guido. Thanks for all you did last night. It's a learning curve for all, especially me. One question is, as you have fixed setups does this mean that they are totally unable to be modified?. Or can you modify the basics like Fuel, Steering degrees and tyre pressures etc. I didn't get on the server to check. Otherwise do you just jump in the car and go race ??

Hi Guido. Thanks for all you did last night. It's a learning curve for all, especially me. One question is, as you have fixed setups does this mean that they are totally unable to be modified?. Or can you modify the basics like Fuel, Steering degrees and tyre pressures etc. I didn't get on the server to check. Otherwise do you just jump in the car and go race ??
Hi Paul, the only things you can change are the settings you can set on your wheel (I was able to bring brake balance a little forward).
Tire pressure was perfect yesterday and same for all.
The game will auto change needed fuell amount. It was 40 liters during qually and 70 for the race.

Next race: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/v8-touring-car-cordoba-tc-14-7.241471/

Please sign up and show the RD community that AMS2 is alive and shares decent races!

Last edited:
Hi Paul, the only things you can change are the settings you can set on your wheel (I was able to bring brake balance a little forward).
Tire pressure was perfect yesterday and same for all.
The game will auto change needed fuell amount. It was 40 liters during qually and 70 for the race.
Perfect thanks. Makes things easy.
Real spec racing

Same here Scott maybe it was the server side??
I think mine was due to a network problem. I tried to join an AC race yesterday and had some horrendous round trip times. Had to drop as I caused a collision due to it. After a bit of digging, I found a faulty powerline adapter for another piece of kit that was constantly rebooting. Since removing it, things appear to have improved, but I guess I'll find out for sure on Tuesday! :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Back