AMS2 Ultima GTR Race @ Ibarra, Tuesday 5th July, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
19:00 UTC is 20:00 BST (uk) so that's a great time :)

Do you guys use mic's on the discord or chat only?
We use mics, but some are a *lot* more chatty than others :D. Being able to at least listen is very helpful as we have been having a bit of a 'mare with the multiplayer in AMS2 recently and co-ordinating jumping off and on the server can be tricky when people are not on discord.

Arrrhh. Got in a little late. Trying to connect to race and steam is updating AMS2... and Rf2.
Will be there ASAP. Otherwise see you guys at race 2.

20220705205147_1.jpg

20220705212009_1.jpg

R2
20220705214157_1.jpg

20220705221042_1.jpg

Thanks guys, great racing. Stock Car 86 next week.

Thanks for organising @Redvaliant - one of my favourite tracks, especially with the stock cars.

The times in the second race were getting nice and close as people got familiar with the track. I was constantly expecting @T1MKO in my mirrors around half way as he was taking good chunks out of the gap. I think you mentioned your tyres were dead at the end?

Thanks for organising @Redvaliant - one of my favourite tracks, especially with the stock cars.

The times in the second race were getting nice and close as people got familiar with the track. I was constantly expecting @T1MKO in my mirrors around half way as he was taking good chunks out of the gap. I think you mentioned your tyres were dead at the end?
I don't think I got the gap below 5 secs and an off track excursion put you out of sight and my only chance was if you did some off track driving too. My front left was pretty shot near the end but I don't think it made that much difference as you were consistently quicker.
A stark comparison to the first race where I binned it and had rear end damage that took my pit crew about 2 weeks to fix. :D

I don't think I got the gap below 5 secs
Well, according the crew chief you did, and he reminded me more than once :D

A stark comparison to the first race where I binned it and had rear end damage that took my pit crew about 2 weeks to fix. :D
I'm such a steady eddie it's untrue, but it's amazing how often you can get a good result with it. About 15 years ago, the owner of the company I was working for arranged an evening do with colleagues and clients. They put on a scalextric event with a big 8 track setup in the middle of the night club that was run by these two guys who gave commentary during the races. I did my usual slow and steady, not coming off making my way through each round and eventually getting to the final. The guy on the mic then says that he has never known an event like this as someone has already won the event on points, but has not won a single race. I realised it was me. I finished the final in second.

Well, according the crew chief you did, and he reminded me more than once :D

I'm such a steady eddie it's untrue, but it's amazing how often you can get a good result with it. About 15 years ago, the owner of the company I was working for arranged an evening do with colleagues and clients. They put on a scalextric event with a big 8 track setup in the middle of the night club that was run by these two guys who gave commentary during the races. I did my usual slow and steady, not coming off making my way through each round and eventually getting to the final. The guy on the mic then says that he has never known an event like this as someone has already won the event on points, but has not won a single race. I realised it was me. I finished the final in second.
I think you underestimate your pace and if you can do that and feel steady eddie then I'm glad you don't push it ! Look forward to the next one.

Aw man, that is totally not what I was trying to convey! :D I was rambling again...sorry...
What I was trying to comment on was the difference being consistent and not making mistakes had made to your second race. You started second from the back, but finished second, and I'm betting that was largely due to making less mistakes than those behind you. It's a bit easy to get wrapped up in simply going fast sometimes

Aw man, that is totally not what I was trying to convey! :D I was rambling again...sorry...
What I was trying to comment on was the difference being consistent and not making mistakes had made to your second race. You started second from the back, but finished second, and I'm betting that was largely due to making less mistakes than those behind you. It's a bit easy to get wrapped up in simply going fast sometimes
Scott, Ramble away its all good advice. I think this track/car combo in particular was harsh on any mistakes made, just a few inches off line and you could be spinning off. I did learn from the first race and took safer lines in the second race which turned out to be just as fast if I got my braking right (which wasn't consistent).

Latest News

Back