Triple screen + HP reverb G2

Hello everyone
I have a 3080 ti with 3 out displayports and 1 hdmi.
I want to use 3 screens.+ my Hp reverb G2
But I have to use 2 displayports and an HDMI for the triple. I have to keep a display port for the HP G2.
The problem is the limitation of the frequency due to HDMI 2.0
Do any of you have this setup? how is it going for you? how often can you go up with one of the three in HDM?
Do you have another solution?
Thank you
Stephane (FR)

It really depends on what resolution your screens are. If you're using 4K monitors, then you'll be capped out to around 60Hz. If you're running 1440p then you should be able to push things to 120Hz over the same port/cable.

Are you sure the HDMI port is only 2.0? NVIDIA lists the 3080ti with HDMI 2.1, which will do up to 4K 120Hz.

My advice would be to use triple DP for the monitors, because you can expect (refresh rate) differences when using a HDMI/DP combo. I experienced that myself.

Just get yourself a Club3D adapter with HDMI to DP for your VR. These are active connectors, which means they actively change the signal from HDMI to DP.

- Your HP Reverb G2 is DP 1.3. That signal is max 4k at 120hz (you use 90hz on a square width-height).
- Your active adapter would be this one https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2609/.
- Price check in the Netherlands - around 60-70 euro.

Using USB-C is also an option btw. A good USB-C connector/cable carries the DP Alt Mode signal which essentially is a high bandwith DP signal. There are HDMI > USB C solutions out there that could help you out as well. I have used a Club3d USB-C to hdmi 2.0 before, on the USB-C graphics port on my 2080ti.

Do a proper check yourself before buying of course !

Last edited:
Thank you for your responses.
my 3 monitors are in HDMI 2,0. (my 3080ti in 2,1 and no USB c like 2080ti)
i ordered and i will test the club 3D adapter
stephane

Last edited:
HDMI version of the 3 monitors would have no purpose, because you would use the DP ports of the monitors. In the opening post it says "But I have to use 2 displayports and an HDMI for the triple. I have to keep a display port for the HP G2."

So on the GPU side you just take the HDMI port , which is 2.1 on a 3080ti. And then port that signal through the Club3d adapter > to the HP Reverb.
The cable to the Reverb can be the one that came with the HP Reverb, or a new DP 1.3 or DP 1.4 (backwards compatible to 1.3).

Last edited:
when we use the 3 dp we take advantage of gsync and freesync which is not the case when we use 2 DP + 1 HDMI from what I have read.
Ok fort 3 DP monitor et one adpater club 3D fot HP G2. I hope that the sound will pass without problem to the G2

My "solution" for the same problem was to add a 1m DP cable extension to one of my ports, and place it in the front of my pc tower, and manually switching cables from 3rd monitor to VR headset. Switchers and DP/HDMI combination all led to issues.

Hi
I received and tested Club3d adapter : it does not work the HP G2 is not even recognized !
Wrong solution.
I was hoping that would be the solution for us that like using triple screens and/or VR.
When Nvidia dropped the USB C connection and VR switched to DP it made things more difficult for those that didn't want to keep switching connections. My 1080Ti would default to 60Hz when combining 1 HDMI and 2 DP for triple screens. When I was finally able to upgrade, I found the Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080Ti, which has 3 HDMI and 3 DP, triple screen 1440p at 144hz on HDMI and the Reverb G2 connected to a display port. I don't know of any 40xx with the same port configuration as the Aorus Master 3080Ti, maybe the 50xx will be more triple screen and VR friendly. :whistling:

KO

Hello everyone
I have a 3080 ti with 3 out displayports and 1 hdmi.
I want to use 3 screens.+ my Hp reverb G2
But I have to use 2 displayports and an HDMI for the triple. I have to keep a display port for the HP G2.
The problem is the limitation of the frequency due to HDMI 2.0
Do any of you have this setup? how is it going for you? how often can you go up with one of the three in HDM?
Do you have another solution?
Thank you
Stephane (FR)
I have similar setup 3x 1440p 75hz monitors connected to 2 dp+1 hdmi (working in surround mod 7xxx x 1440) + g2 on 3dr dp... all working fine...just that i have to unplug g2 when updating nvidia drivers.. Might be its ok as i can go only up to 75hz!

I have similar setup 3x 1440p 75hz monitors connected to 2 dp+1 hdmi (working in surround mod 7xxx x 1440) + g2 on 3dr dp... all working fine...just that i have to unplug g2 when updating nvidia drivers.. Might be its ok as i can go only up to 75hz!
Excactly same config for me : it work fine but we are limited to 75Hz. i have no prb with nvidia updates.
Bu i want to buy 3 screens 32' 144hz with my G2.
it would take cards with 4 displayport !! but.....

I was hoping that would be the solution for us that like using triple screens and/or VR.
When Nvidia dropped the USB C connection and VR switched to DP it made things more difficult for those that didn't want to keep switching connections. My 1080Ti would default to 60Hz when combining 1 HDMI and 2 DP for triple screens. When I was finally able to upgrade, I found the Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080Ti, which has 3 HDMI and 3 DP, triple screen 1440p at 144hz on HDMI and the Reverb G2 connected to a display port. I don't know of any 40xx with the same port configuration as the Aorus Master 3080Ti, maybe the 50xx will be more triple screen and VR friendly. :whistling:

KO
THX for your response.
it would take cards with 4 displayport

Last time was just me blindly advicing. This time I have actually looked it up and found this:
Q 2.11: CAN THE DISPLAYPORT TM BE ADAPTED TO WORK ON A LAPTOP
THAT ONLY HAS HDMI? ARE THERE ANY KNOW HDMI ADAPTERS THAT
WILL WORK RELIABLY WITH THE HEADSET?

No, the HP Reverb G2 VR Headset requires DisplayPort™ 1.3; HDMI adapters cannot handle
the bandwidth required. You can, however, use a USB-C™ port on your laptop with a USB-C™
to DisplayPort™ adapter, provided it supports DisplayPort™ 1.3.

It seems the other option for USB-C was more approriate for this VR set. And HP mentions it in their documentation so a bit more reliable than some dude on RD.com :whistling:

Anyhooz, my 2080ti comes with such a USB-C port and apparently that was the only Nvidia generation with VirtualLink. 30x and 40x series don't. Link 1. Link 2. Link 3.

I found this post. Which leads to a DP splitter/switch. Might be an option to try? Fairly cheap as well.

Excactly same config for me : it work fine but we are limited to 75Hz. i have no prb with nvidia updates.
Bu i want to buy 3 screens 32' 144hz with my G2.
it would take cards with 4 displayport !! but.....
I am not sure if you can do 3 x 1440p on 144hz with 3080ti.... it would be more than what G2 asking from GPU with 150% ss / 90hz. I would expect that you might be able to do ~100hz!

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 128 27.6%
  • Full game

Votes: 110 23.7%
  • CPU

Votes: 58 12.5%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 84 18.1%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 52 11.2%