rF2 Toyota Racing Series @ Highlands - Mon 22nd August 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Club Staff
Premium
TRS.jpg

Every European Winter brings a lull in Motorsport activities, but on the other side of the world it is the middle of summer, and the perfect place for young drivers wanting to get some more racing experience before their full-time calendar of racing. This of course does not do this epic Kiwi racing series a disservice, as the proliferation of future F1-bound talent helps to increase the profile of the series. We race at Highlands Motorsport Park, a crazy South Island circuit with long corners, a super-fast bus stop style chicane and a bridge to navigate! Get your spare pants ready as this could be a proper brown-trousers ride!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: blueflag]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM OWS

Car(s):
Track: Highlands Motorsport Park [STEAM]
Layout:
Highlands Motorsport Park
Track Temperature: 20°C
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Standing Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day.
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Factory

Schedule: (EU) Monday 22nd August 2022
Practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (10 minutes)
Warm Up: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:35 UTC (17 Laps)
Race 2: Reverse Grid (17 Laps)

Time Zone converter
1660675097854.png

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please make sure you set your microphone to push to talk or set your automatic voice detection really high to avoid random background noises.

DRIVER LIST
  1. Jimlaad43
  2. Michael Rudolf
  3. AlB_3010
  4. Paul_V
  5. redvaliant
  6. Steve Le Gallez
  7. ThreeLionz
  8. Monkey T.
  9. Ingemar Petersson
  10. David Steinacher
  11. Dean Makovic
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
Note to all drivers

The first corner on this circuit is a fast and pretty-much single-file Bus Stop style chicane. Please exercise caution on the first lap when heading through here and any further racing. If you have another car near you which has a significant overlap, you must be prepared to give them space. The rule of thumb will be:
  • If you are on the inside (track right), you have the right to the first apex, but must allow space for the other car at the second apex.
  • If you are on the outside (track left), you have the right to the second apex, but must allow space for the car on the inside to take the first apex.
You will have to drive in a way that assumes the other car will try this. If one of you backs out and accepts defeat to the corner, that is perfect. However, this corner in itself is pretty unique in its situation and there will definitely be passing attempts into here, and I want to encourage passing and battles to last through this corner because if you pull it off it will be epic! Accidents at this corner will inevitably ruin one or both of your races, so please remember the Golden Rule AND these extra regulations for it.

All the other corners on the lap are free game, go for it but remember the Golden Rule.

Picture TBD

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if its possible to remove the halo thing from the Tatuus, when you select the car there is a custom option to change from solid to 10% transparency, but I still can't see through it. Was hoping I could change something. I love open wheel cars but hate the halo.. help !!! :(

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if its possible to remove the halo thing from the Tatuus, when you select the car there is a custom option to change from solid to 10% transparency, but I still can't see through it. Was hoping I could change something. I love open wheel cars but hate the halo.. help !!! :(
Give it a couple of laps a d you won't even notice that it's there. It's amazing how little you find yourself looking dead ahead.

But yes 10% seems like nothing and I wish it would go further.

I'm still struggling trying to see where I'm going.. :( but have tried to practice a little with a non halo tatuus. Helped a fair bit. What sort of times are you guys managing In the FT-60 , I'm not finding these easy. :barefoot:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%