The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

You consistently teach me about motorsports history, as well as creating immersive period mods thanks - had never heard of this one before but looks like lots of fun, every corner a bit different.

Williamson-4.jpg

My first attempt at modding apart from my abandonware Charterhall circuit - trying to make one of the Scamdream 1982 cars more period accurate. Default gearing still needs some work but I don't think I'll do much more with this at the moment unless anyone's interested in having a look.

Attachments

• sampelrp16062024.png
    sampelrp16062024.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 30
My first attempt at modding apart from my abandonware Charterhall circuit - trying to make one of the Scamdream 1982 cars more period accurate. Default gearing still needs some work but I don't think I'll do much more with this at the moment unless anyone's interested in having a look. I'll post the files I have at the moment if anyone is interested.

Screenshot_hss_1970_brm_p153_thomson_18-5-124-21-10-11.jpg

Our 1970 BRM P153 is the car from our 1970 F1 project that will be posted on OverTake.gg once it leaves early access development in the next couple of months. Right now we are working on adding visible fuel flow, moving feet, visually moving wings that reflect the wing angle adjustments made in the setup menu, and just generally adding that final layer of polish. Our last v0.94 update added the following to the car:
  1. Reworked tire code to include several newer CSP advanced physics modifiers related to the tire slip curve, tire radius change, and increased camber's impact on longitudinal tire grip.
  2. New tire wear curve.
  3. New tire temp performance curve.
  4. New throttle curve.
  5. Revised AI code.
  6. New aerodynamic physics code.
  7. Revised transmission gearing for 1st & 2nd.
  8. New brakes physics code (based on information that late 1960s F1 cars optimal performance was found in 400C-500C range).
  9. New tire temperature physics code.
  10. FFB improvements.
  11. Minor revisions to transmission.
  12. Added CSP advanced physics transmission damage code.
  13. Defined collision material type for visual spark effects.
  14. Added tire wear visuals, so you can actually see the tires wearing.
  15. Added blown tire visual effects, if a tire blows.
  16. Added tire dirt accumulation visual effects.
  17. Added visual tire flex and deformation.

Last edited:
My first attempt at modding apart from my abandonware Charterhall circuit - trying to make one of the Scamdream 1982 cars more period accurate. Default gearing still needs some work but I don't think I'll do much more with this at the moment unless anyone's interested in having a look.
Okay I'm a dumb idiot: Is there any way I can upload this in a way that requires people to have the 1982 mod paid for and installed first? Or am I going to have to risk getting slammed?

Okay I'm a dumb idiot: Is there any way I can upload this in a way that requires people to have the 1982 mod paid for and installed first? Or am I going to have to risk getting slammed?
Anything associated with SimDream used to get pulled immediately, but since Racedepartment became OverTake there seems to be less moderation on the site. Currently there are multiple mods on the site made by SimDream associated creators that have not been pulled down despite it being called out multiple times.

So who knows anymore...?

Anything associated with SimDream used to get pulled immediately, but since Racedepartment became OverTake there seems to be less moderation on the site. Currently there are multiple mods on the site made by SimDream associated creators that have not been pulled down despite it being called out multiple times.

So who knows anymore...?
Is it possible I could forward my amateur efforts onto you guys if you've got time to look?

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 128 27.6%
  • Full game

Votes: 110 23.7%
  • CPU

Votes: 58 12.5%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 84 18.1%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 52 11.2%