Test Drive Unlimited 2

A lot of requestes can be declined.. Keep a eye out for people who are about your level or drving a car from the same class, you're more likely to get a race from them than being lvl 16 and insta challenging a lvl 5 ;)

Ive been playing this on 360 for while now and ATM i would give it a 5/10 purely because of the shear amount of bugs in the game. You can only do about 3 online races before the game decides not to even attempt to connect to anymore games, so you have to restart the game then join another 3 games then repeat. Also the clubs on the 360 aren't working yet, and with many other glitches and bugs the game just gets annoying. Apparently there will be a patch in the next few days to fix some of the problems and when that is out i might give it a 7 or 8 out of 10 but until then the game is almost unplayable.

I don't get why some developers will spend so much time on the graphics of a game and then rush the physics. It's a CAR game! If the driving part sucks, what's the point?

If I want to look at pretty cars I can just look at pics, no need to go through the trouble of doing all the 3D modeling if in the end the driving experience will leave a bad impression IMO.

The start of my North Yorkshire Police Squad :) My Bro is in the force so its kinda for him.

TDU1.jpg

And you gotta love Herbie :)

TDU2.jpg

Thanks for the review and comments. But I still have one question:
How would you compare this to the original TDU?
I loved that game. Just for cruising around in all cars with an breath taking view.

Is TDU2 a small evolution or did it really become worse?
Handling in TDU wasn't great neither, but I can't imagine Eden/Atari went a step or 2 backwards compared to the original one...

Thank You!

Herve De Braekeleer;749378 said:
Thanks for the review and comments. But I still have one question:
How would you compare this to the original TDU?
I loved that game. Just for cruising around in all cars with an breath taking view.

Is TDU2 a small evolution or did it really become worse?
Handling in TDU wasn't great neither, but I can't imagine Eden/Atari went a step or 2 backwards compared to the original one...

Thank You!

Played both. People say that it's worse, but I just haven't noticed anything that much different about it. Maybe I didn't play it properly before, to notice the things people complain about. All I know is I am enjoying the cruising even more now :)

Sérgio Marques;749467 said:
That says all about it! You drive it better with the keyboard then with a wheel.

Doubtful.

Several thousand miles of road, a hundred or so cars, what's stopping you? :confused:

There is a road, but you can't feel it. I drove thousands of km with TDU1, the first beta and the final version, and now that I have lost the profiles I am running TDU1 again, but I am unable to play TDU2, the auto-centering distracts me and doesn't help, so I am waiting for a patch to propertly play the game (at least, I would like the FFB from TDU1 even it's far from perfect). It seems the developers are aware of some issues with wheels, but it seems they don't know what happens, and they are not fixint it right now: http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showpost.php?p=327454&postcount=1
Wheel control issues? - Wheel control issues will be tackled shortly.
I would like to know the meaning of 'shortly', I think that was the word they said when they promised to fix the online issues of TDU1...

Latest News

Back