Switzerland Grand Prix Circuit

Tracks Switzerland Grand Prix Circuit 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
greasedpretzel submitted a new resource:

Switzerland Grand Prix Circuit - Mountain Grand Prix circuit in the Canton of Bern

My first Assetto Corsa track! This is a fictional circuit located near the town of Burgistein, Switzerland. Using some public roads and some private track, the 12-turn track is full of elevation changes and overtaking opportunities. It was designed with F1 racing in mind, so any car should be suitable.

Let me know what you think! If you're on the fence, check out some action from the track:

Read more about this resource...

Hiya! I spent some time doing a couple laps of the track to take a look at the fixes, and I have to say you did a really, really good job. There's still some problems, but once they're fixed I'll probably be raising my review to a full five stars.

The first, showcased in the first picture, is some weird geometry in this area of the track. The car falls through the ground and the area generally looks kind of glitchy and rough. Not well showcased from this angle, but take a look around the area in an editor or on your own. The area around the chicane seems to need some work.

The second is that these two treelines appear to still have some flickering going on! It's dramatically more minor than before, but still pretty noticeable as you come roaring downhill. It also looked like a couple spectators off to the left were popping in or flickering, so that area may be worth checking.

The third is that the track seems to have no anti-cut or out of bounds zones whatsoever. I can go off the track without consequence, and while the rough terrain makes it slower I would recommend considering adding these to the track.

The fourth problem is that the pitlane has two - one is that it doesn't count laps completed, and the other is that it has no speed limiter whatsoever - and if it weren't for the first problem, it would make an incredibly effective shortcut.

Attachments

• 20240911172607_1.jpg
    20240911172607_1.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 12
  • treelineproblem2.PNG
    treelineproblem2.PNG
    421.2 KB · Views: 8
  • treelineproblem4.PNG
    treelineproblem4.PNG
    534.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
greasedpretzel updated Switzerland Grand Prix Circuit with a new update entry:

Switzerland Grand Prix 2.0 Big Update!

View attachment 785254

View attachment 785255
View attachment 785256

Hello simracers,

I was glad to see some complimentary reviews with helpful feedback, and with that feedback in mind I'm happy to release the biggest update yet to the Swiss GP track.

This update includes:
  • Updated terrain textures
  • Made all walls collidable
  • Completely new track and road textures
  • Added realistic terrain feel to grass, gravel, and off-track asphalt...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hiya! I spent some time doing a couple laps of the track to take a look at the fixes, and I have to say you did a really, really good job. There's still some problems, but once they're fixed I'll probably be raising my review to a full five stars.

The first, showcased in the first picture, is some weird geometry in this area of the track. The car falls through the ground and the area generally looks kind of glitchy and rough. Not well showcased from this angle, but take a look around the area in an editor or on your own. The area around the chicane seems to need some work.

The second is that these two treelines appear to still have some flickering going on! It's dramatically more minor than before, but still pretty noticeable as you come roaring downhill. It also looked like a couple spectators off to the left were popping in or flickering, so that area may be worth checking.

The third is that the track seems to have no anti-cut or out of bounds zones whatsoever. I can go off the track without consequence, and while the rough terrain makes it slower I would recommend considering adding these to the track.

The fourth problem is that the pitlane has two - one is that it doesn't count laps completed, and the other is that it has no speed limiter whatsoever - and if it weren't for the first problem, it would make an incredibly effective shortcut.
Thanks so much for this! I just released a new version which addresses all of these and more. I believe the flickering trees issue is solved, I narrowed it down to a couple tree models in particular that don't do well at distance regardless of LOD value. I removed them and replaced them with trees that fit the geography better anyway. With that said, I occasionally still catch a glimpse of something flashing in, but I think it's some shadows.
I'll probably release some more updates so I'll take another look at that at some point.

Thanks so much for this! I just released a new version which addresses all of these and more. I believe the flickering trees issue is solved, I narrowed it down to a couple tree models in particular that don't do well at distance regardless of LOD value. I removed them and replaced them with trees that fit the geography better anyway. With that said, I occasionally still catch a glimpse of something flashing in, but I think it's some shadows.
I'll probably release some more updates so I'll take another look at that at some point.
Now this... this is what I call an improvement. The whole track looks and feels so much better now - virtually every complaint I have is fixed. I ran a couple laps on the new version and have taken a look around - the anti-cut zones are a huge improvement and the visual overhaul is great.

Pitlane's also pretty significantly improved - I don't really have a great way to test the new speed with the adjustments, but the chicane's an excellent fix (Though it needs anti-cut zones, as you can just smash through the cones and fly straight out without penalty). Only other note is that the pitlane as a whole is a little compact - you can't get through it without driving straight through the pit-crew guy.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this version of the track - watching it improve over the course of each and every version you've put up has been wonderful. This version is easily the best yet,and I look forward to seeing what you do is the future. I'll post an updated review when I have the energy to!

(PS: very minor nitpick, the shadow looks a bit odd with the sharp terrain under the billboard, maybe smooth it a bit?)

Attachments

• quirkyshadow.PNG
    quirkyshadow.PNG
    79.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest News

Back