AC SUV-battle@Highlands Drift, Tue 1st November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
does anybody tried all 3 cars? the porsche cayenne have a way better power weight ratio. should be overpowered?
too lazy to try all cars:redface:
I'm just as fast with the Macan. Less power but more agile which suits my driving style better so more consistency for me.
Better drivers will probably choose the Cayenne indeed.
Levante has the best sound!

what happended at the start? i started at green and then everybody disappeared. did i enter the race too late?
From the 1st post.

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

WTF:
I finished 2nd and get a deduction of 93 ranking points where Robert finished 4th and gets only 1 point deducted!
1667341285047.png

Remind me to bring some extra gas along next time I'm in the Maserati :O_o: Was hanging on to Arnold and keeping han at bay until I had to stop for gas. Then my team decided to use a teaspoon to fill me up :laugh::coffee::mad:

Ended up working out in the end as it put me behind Paul for the rest of the race, leading to some good turns :thumbsup:

Don't know how others ran it, but I had to have TC off to have any chance of turning this big box :roflmao:

Great pace today Ernie from start to finish. Fun track too. Don't think I've raced or even driven this layout much.

Last edited:
I had a nice race. It was fun to drive those tanks on this track. Amazing pace of Ernie with the Cayenne. Also Arnold managed to get into the 2.26s so even on this track without a long straight the power of the Cayenne is too much for the other two cars.
I hoped Ernie would burn his tyres much more than I but as he did the longest stint of us all (except Paul who didn't pit at all), that hope was in vain.

My race started bad because I overshot my breakpoint in T2 and Robert could pass me so I was last. Later Paul made a mistake in the village and I regained 4th. I had about the same Pace as Robert and Arnold but I couldn't close the gap. My pitstop was much faster because Robert in his thirsty Italian needed much more time for fuel. In the second stint I was chasing Arnold for 2nd but the gap only increased until he went off and I could pass. He closed the gap and we had a nice battle side by side through the S part of the track. In the last corner of that sector I had the inside and Arnold had to back out. Later he went off and I had a comfortable 15s gap with only a few laps to go. But then I noticed that I had used far more fuel then AC had calculated and that I had to do a second pitstop for fuel. While driving I configured a second pitstop with 4 liters of fuel. That was quite scary to do but I managed and went again for the pits in the last lap. During my pitstop Arnold could pass taking a 4s lead and I gave up hope to get him back. But he was very struggling with the car or he was fuel saving but I could close the gap quite easy and when he went wide in the long right handler I could pass him on the inside. Finished 2nd because Ernie was a league of it's own. Next time you should start at the back for more fun, Ernie!

Thanks all for joining. It's a pity that we had such low number of drivers because it would have been a blast with 15+ cars.

Last edited:
Great fun even with the low numbers. My mistake in the village put me 10 seconds behind Han so the only hope to catch up was to try to do a no stop strategy.
But Ernie's pace up front meant that the race went one lap further than the Macan's fuel tank would allow and even with fuel saving I ran out on the straight bit into the village allowing Robert through.
But it was fun defending from Robert on very worn tyres, the Ligier bread van experience came in very handy :roflmao: .
I don't know why the numbers are low for events like this as they are fun and something different. I like trying out new cars. Thanks all for a fun race.

I had the fastest vehicle, even though I spent most of it off throttle, it “taught” me, that we all want to be quicker. All you do is alienate your self from a race. Then you think your a driving god, only to move up the ranks and be nowhere again, learning on the way that the fun has now been extracted. lucky that I had the quickest car and a bucket load of luck and no mistakes.
just went on a long trip, somewhere, by myself.:O_o:
actually enjoyed myself, it was a bit of a handful, but I had no pressure on me.
It would have been better with more participants, why is a mystery to me, perhaps it just does not light the imagination, trying to get the formulas right is a real problem.
From my point of view, it was fun, but I would say that.:unsure:

Last edited:

Latest News

Back