AMS2 Stockcar Opala86 @ Hockenheim 88 Short. Tuesday, 12th July, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Cheers guys. Stockcar 90s will return in a fortnight.
20220712205051_1.jpg

20220712211930_1.jpg

20220712214014_1.jpg

20220712220918_1.jpg

But something fast next week.

Last edited:
Great racing chaps. Had lots of nice little battles as it was super hard to overtake and the race times were a lot closer than qualy, so it was mostly a case of who would mess up first! Really enjoyed the handling characteristics of the car too. It was just too enticing to have the back end hanging way out :D

Thanks again for arranging @Redvaliant :thumbsup:

Its great to have you and Bas as new regulars and we are having some close racing recently. See you thursday for more fun.
We are here to stay! We left our friends after 20 years (in the call of duty community) to start racing. Eye hand coordination is decreasing in parallel with our age increasing. So this fits us better for next 20 years....

I did notice that the first Buenos Aires track is again very heavy on the VR. It seems not to be optimized or something. And I just run it in time trial...

Last edited:
We are here to stay! We left our friends after 20 years (in the call of duty community) to start racing. Eye hand coordination is decreasing in parallel with our age increasing. So this fits us better for next 20 years....
FPS games are for the young, my son plays Fortnite at a reasonable level and his hands move so fast its like watching the Matrix !

Have you VR users tried fans attaching to headset ( i have one but its just for Quest 2 so not sure bout other headsets).
It helps to prevent fogging and get some fresh air in and out around the face area when doing phyiscal exertion.

I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com.au/BOBOVR-F2...d=1657669152&sprefix=bobo+vr+f,aps,307&sr=8-1

I know im in AUS so its winter so it helps me enough to prevent getting too sweaty. Not sure how i would feel in the summmer racing either even with this fan.

What is your pc spec ? I run quite a low spec compared to most and have very few problems.
I run a 3060ti with a reverb on 55% reso. Cpu is a Ryzen 5600x.
Don't be mistaken that the reverb is quite demanding but picture is a very good!

In general I have very limited issue. Just try the track to see if you have similar experience.

Don't be mistaken that the reverb is quite demanding but picture is a very good!

In general I have very limited issue. Just try the track to see if you have similar experience.
I just tried it and I was getting about 9-10ms frame time past the pits, so a fairly steady 90fps around the whole track.

I have a slightly less powerful 2070S and I'm running a G1 Reverb at 2208x2160 per eye. Pretty much everything in game is on low, except for textures and car detail which are on high, but I'm also not using any AA as I find the blurriness is more off putting than the shimmering.

I have an old, but still potent, 1660TI matched to A Ryzen 7 5800X and it manages to run my Rift S without too much trouble. But then, I use the Oculus Tray Tool to lower the FOV to 80% by 60% to achieve the required 80fps, along with lowered setting ingame. I know the Reverb is more demanding - I own a G2 but can't use it with my GPU - but you should be able to adjust some settings to get a stable frame rate. Maybe have a look at the Open XR Toolkit discussion over at the Reiza AMS2 forums for settings.

Maybe have a look at the Open XR Toolkit discussion over at the Reiza AMS2 forums for settings.
I found you can get a fairly hefty fps increase going down that route, same thing for the openvr fsr mod. I personally found the extra blur from the upscale was too distracting, but it's definitely worth checking out to see if it's an acceptable compromise

EDIT: link to the openvr fsr mod thread: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/fsr-for-openvr.19036/

Last edited:

Just tried the track and no issues, I use the openvr plugin the others mentioned and it is set to .95 which is about as high as it can go without issues and I have most settings in AMS2 on high or medium and I'm only running a gtx1080, it does have 11gb ram which does help.

Last edited:
I also meant to mention I did it a Caterham 620r which is now a fantastic beast of car, it used to be a bit underwhelming the last time I tried it about 6 months ago.

Latest News

Back