Login or Register an account to download this content

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 94
guigui0256 updated Spa Francorchamps 2022 with a new update entry:

Sausage kerb at Eau rouge and little fixes

Hello for this new update !

View attachment 558190It was brought to my attention that there was a red sausage kerb at the bottom of Eau rouge, that of course was missing in the Kunos track and indirectly in my mod. This issue is solved with now the addition of this sausage. It has a physical mesh to go onto but has little to no effect on the car behavior (luckily).

View attachment 558192
Now the minor fixes, I changed the smoothing on the little orange arrows at...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Amazing job, Guillaume!

Just explored the track in VR and have found some windows of a demolished building still floating around near the flags at the old start/finish line.
I also noticed the shadows on the digital flags are on the wrong side (not all of them, mainly the ones at the beginning of the lap).

Some suggestions:
- La Source hairpin could use some Stavelot and Malmedy roadsigns on the concrete wall
- Over the years on some parts of the track the guardrails have been replaced by green concrete walls (before Speaker's Corner and between Pouhon and Fagnes chicane), maybe something you could change for a future update?

Oh btw, is that your cat? ;-)

Amazing job, Guillaume!

Just explored the track in VR and have found some windows of a demolished building still floating around near the flags at the old start/finish line.
I also noticed the shadows on the digital flags are on the wrong side (not all of them, mainly the ones at the beginning of the lap).

Some suggestions:
- La Source hairpin could use some Stavelot and Malmedy roadsigns on the concrete wall
- Over the years on some parts of the track the guardrails have been replaced by green concrete walls (before Speaker's Corner and between Pouhon and Fagnes chicane), maybe something you could change for a future update?

Oh btw, is that your cat? ;-)

Thanks for the in-depth feedback. I see you know the track real good. I will see when I find time to correct those little things.

To be honest this mod took so much time to make that I now, try to prioritize my time on other personal projects that have been paused the last 2 months. But I keep your suggestions in mind. And yes this is my cat haha! Wanted to add it as a little Easter egg somewhere :) To my knowledge you are the only one to have noticed it so far.

Thanks for sharing
Can someone tell me please how to uninstall mod or how to rollback to original Kunos Spa?

Hi @MASKthefirst , the mod is non-destructive so you can simply delete the « extension » folder as well as the .kn5 files finishing by _2022 inside the spa folder.

There is no automated way of doing this but what I would suggest is download the mod, explore and analyze the file hierarchy in the archive. Find the similar files in your spa folder where you installed the mod and delete them. Shouldn’t be more complicated.

Just wanted to pop in and share this screen showing the floatiness is still there to some degree. This might be a limitation due to how the track is made but it doesn't happen on default kunos one. (this is not just one part of the track btw. happens on multiple parts)
Track version : 1.02 clean installed 4 times
CSP: 1.78 p1 (the latest patreon build with factory settings)

Screenshot_t78_supra_dtm_spa_17-3-122-23-41-41.jpg
Screenshot_t78_supra_dtm_spa_17-3-122-23-37-47.jpg

I installed the track, but most of the vegetation is missing? Can you help me, maybe you know what I've done wrong? I'm using CSP 1.69. Do I have to change some settings for CSP or something? The old layout version still has all the vegetation

Last edited:
never mind after installing and removing it a few times it finally works

Great to hear that ! I also saw one guy posting a video on youtube where the trees didn't show up but I have no idea from where it could come. The trees are merged in the main .kn5 files so they should always be there. Maybe something related to textures replacement I don't know... Glad the problem is solved tho

Just wanted to pop in and share this screen showing the floatiness is still there to some degree. This might be a limitation due to how the track is made but it doesn't happen on default kunos one. (this is not just one part of the track btw. happens on multiple parts)
Track version : 1.02 clean installed 4 times
CSP: 1.78 p1 (the latest patreon build with factory settings)

View attachment 559564View attachment 559565

Hey SunBro ! I hear you, but this is directly related to how the tracks are made and re-installing will not do anything, as well as tweaking or updating CSP. This happens because tire marks are in fact geometry planes placed over the track surface, they're not texture embedded in the asphalt texture, they are semi-transparent textures on separate geometry.

This becomes visible like in your screenshots when those planes with transparent textures are hovering a bit over the track. THIS WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN even a little bit and even on Kunos track, just in varying extents and obviously mods will be more subject to this.

In this specific case, to do those I just duplicated the already existing Kunos geometry and applied it over the track at different point, but it seems to not match the track surface 100%, hence why it becomes visible. This is a tedious work of adjusting for something that is in no way a gameplay breaking issue and will not be visible in racing condition. But I guess you saw it because you were playing with photo mode judging by your second screenshot.

I'll see if I can do some adjustments for the next update, but it is not a priority for me.

Great to hear that ! I also saw one guy posting a video on youtube where the trees didn't show up but I have no idea from where it could come. The trees are merged in the main .kn5 files so they should always be there. Maybe something related to textures replacement I don't know... Glad the problem is solved tho
Yes, I don't know why it happend the .kn5 files are exactly where the were at the first times I tried it. But it is great that it works now. You did an amazing job keep up the great work.

Last edited:
Getting some weird black textures and I have ugly 2d trees. Not like how it is in the videos I see. So some settings must be wrong. Does someone have experience with this?

Latest News

Back