Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

I've reduced my GTR2 to vanilla content and had taken some out of Race 07 but I think I'm going to get rid of the rest and keep it for the official content and Super Touring. I had added the GTL mod but P & G covers that so I should be able to have the id's for Andrea's mods.
I did fancy some of the older TCR content but maybe just stick to the modern version in RaceRoom.

Done that with the GTR2 Steam version - just vanilla.
Non-steam version ? I have about... 10 installs. BPR/FIA GT, Super GT, Super Touring, Absolute Le Mans, Absolute CanAm, NASCAR/TransAm, ACC, Prototypes SCC, GTL, Formula E.
It's easier and doesn't take ages to load now ahha.

Last edited:
The STCC 2003 car setups are the main things left to do, but also the usual polishing phase.
Don't know how to handle the car ID's yet.

Got a little bit of "programmers burnout" lately so motivation is not at its peak.
So I worked on some old projects, just for fun, without the pressure from myself to finish anything.

One of the first car games I ever played was Screamer 2, an arcade game with quite nice rally cross style handling. I once had an idea to make the cars and try to replicate the handling.
The cars in the game are replicas of real car models, but with other names.

"Nebula"

1615402556998.png

"Spark"

1615403215809.png

"Radiance"

1615403478372.png

"Horizon"

1615404595159.png

Updated some normals on this car, ordered by my wife :roflmao:

1615404862686.png

And the Volvo C70. Started this project many years ago after visiting the small factory where they were made. The factory was located in the city where I live, but it was closed some years ago when the C70 was discontinued.

1615405272835.png

Last edited:
I really don't know how to create a 3D model - different than a triangle, rectangle, box or sphere.
Building a car model manually seems to take a million years, but already exists software that is able to build a model from video or a series of photos.
For example Reality Capture renders a simple 3D model in a minute, that can be improved manually. Whatever, the models I tried to build (simple objects, car photos, buildings from videos, people from photos or videos) always were heavily distorted.
I think I should remove background for better results. It seems again to take a thousand years, especially if this is a video.
So I am fascinated how people make 3D models in graphic mode, but I don't want to go so far into...

It's a lot of fun to sculpt the cars, but it is really not for everyone.
It is not that difficult, but a lot of patience is needed.
You have to get a 'feel' for shape and proportions and to learn a few tricks.
I usually start with a cube or cylinder and then add edges/split polygons.
Always make the main/big shapes first and then add details.
Good normals can often compensate for less polygons...

Status update:

WIP projects, descending priority:

* Solvalla track - try to improve aiw file and fix some visual things. Main buildings look too plain.
- Might try to update this track soon.

* STCC 2003 (and ETCC 2002)
- Working on car setups, and some polishing...

* Super Touring track pack - some more polishing/fixes are planned

* Updates to TinyTweaks, add collision feelers - a few left to do

* STCC2 tinytweak. Already made, just have to pack it and see that everything is there.

Long time projects:

* GT3 Huracan - some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2). Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* Test track from Toca2. Works in game now, but much left to do.

* Super Touring Europe - add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod.

Working on some visual improvements to the buildings at Solvalla track.

Also updated the aiw file, so there is less ai understeer. Had to reposition a lot of waypoints to be closer to the fastline so they point more towards the right direction. Otherwise the ai thinks that it's time to accelerate too early.
It is much more of an issue when racing on small and twisty tracks like this.

screen16.jpg

screen17.jpg

Status update:

Newly released:

* Solvalla track, originally made by @neteye.

WIP projects, descending priority:

* STCC 2003 (and ETCC 2002)
- Working on car setups, and some polishing...

* Super Touring track pack
- some more polishing/fixes are planned, Oulton Park track needs to be smoother in some places.

* Updates to TinyTweaks, add collision feelers - a few left to do

* STCC2 tinytweak. Already made, just have to pack it and see that everything is there.

* Supercars Ford Falcon

Long time projects:

* GT3 Huracan - some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2). Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* Test track from Toca2. Works in game now, but much left to do.

* Super Touring Europe - add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod.

And one more thing: check out the plugin by @mucho that enables Crew Chief in Race 07. Fantastic work :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 126 27.8%
  • Full game

Votes: 106 23.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.1%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • Other PC related hardware