Simucube beginner - pitfalls and brain failure moments to avoid?

I agree that it is surprising that a wheelbase that sells in large numbers doesn't have a set of known good profiles that make it sing. I will say that the SC2 does have a lot more processing power.

I also can't say that I've NEVER felt like my SC2 Pro didn't have enough power or was muted in a corner. In my experience it loads up very nicely and still lets through piles of details even when loaded up.

The following is more of an observation of human nature in niche markets. Like it or not I believe a lot more of the "serious/obsessive" people with talent tweaking profiles, who put in countless hours tweaking things to be perfect, got the SC2. I think that a large number of the existing people with older direct drive wheels with tweaking experience upgraded to the SC2 as well. So even if you have a pile of people with DD1/2's, if you don't get that fraction of a percent of the perfectionists who will tweak and tweak until things feel perfect to them, you lose out on that pay off.

Sometimes being where the serious enthusiasts are has benefits even if all other things were equal, and I don't think they are.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

The whole "tweaking" is overrated IMHO, there is really nothing, just few sliders to adjust to what suits you personally. All based on the familiar to any FFB wheel user concepts, essentially just level of smoothness and dampening, unless you the member of "Woe from Wit" camp.

Latest News

Back