Sim racing paddock looks at the latest patch, its not good

He even went back and compared to AMS1 and the feedback he gives is damning, AMS1 is night and day better. There are weird issues on braking, turn in, understeer, weird snap oversteer mid corner. All of these he thinks are physics issues.

Well worth a watch to see the extent of what is feeling and behaving weirdly, all be it a few hours long since its a live stream.

So in your opinion with/without baseline knowledge of the Engine, Why is it "very limited"? Please provide examples in the utmost detail, comparing to other Engines that are similar to show its limitations, thank you.

I know Renato (and maybe other Reiza staff) frequent this forum.

I often wonder what he / they think when they read people talk about their project as if they know intimate details about the game engine, and say stuff like ‘it can’t be fixed’. Lol.

I can’t believe there is some fundamental flaw with Madness that cannot be overcome. It doesn’t make sense. However, I don’t know that for a fact, so I won’t state it as fact.

What I do know to be a fact is that this game has evolved massively in the space of a couple of months, so they’re doing something right. The game today is unrecognisable to where it started, so I see no reason to believe it can’t continue to evolve.

Some guys over at the Reiza forums have done spectacular work with custom ffb files btw.

Edit: Unrelated but Sim Racing Paddock has got to be the most boring, pointless sim channel, and the competition for that honour is pretty stiff!

Edit: Unrelated but Sim Racing Paddock has got to be the most boring, pointless sim channel, and the competition for that honour is pretty stiff!
My personal oppinion(!) about Sim Racing Paddock is that the guy should take about 1 month out of his calender and then learn to drive a racing sim.
Every time I have watched him it looks like a 5 years boy that has stolen his fathers sim chair and wheel and try to figure out which way around the track he shall choose.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: If I should qualify this sarcastic description a bit further then I have much more respect for GamerMuscle.:rolleyes:
Because he is both able to talk and when he concentrate a bit also able to drive pretty decent and often competitive.
I dont know how he is able to do it but even when he is in a middle of an overtake he is able to whistle something hilarious.
Like "You should never support our sponsors - never".:roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very concerned about the Physics and FFB but this last update has dissipated my worst fears.
At the moment, most of the vehicles feel great except on wet/dry surface transitions. Still a bit of ice skating and spining even with appropriate tire selection. Once this gets fixed Reiza will dominate the racing simulation market.

I can't cope with the UI and the cartoonist colors of the game. I know it's silly but it looks like toy cars. Even when playing some cars looks plastic cars.
I was expecting ams2 like hell but I have been very let down.
I play only vr, if that makes any difference

I can't cope with the UI and the cartoonist colors of the game.
Yes, Reiza have kept their color palette from original AMS. I'm not a fan of it, but I stop noticing about 30 seconds into driving, especially when I set the cloud cover changing.

Only complaint I have with the UI concerns triple screens... the final exit click is way, waaaay over on the right screen.

Yes, Reiza have kept their color palette from original AMS. I'm not a fan of it, but I stop noticing about 30 seconds into driving, especially when I set the cloud cover changing.

Only complaint I have with the UI concerns triple screens... the final exit click is way, waaaay over on the right screen.

As you have triple screens, I'm guessing you have a wheel, why not use your wheel buttons to exit the game? Thats what I do with my T300. I don't touch the mouse at all once inside AMS2. I never allocated the buttons, however, I just use the default assignments. I'm sure you could set them up yourself though.

I can't cope with the UI and the cartoonist colors of the game. I know it's silly but it looks like toy cars. Even when playing some cars looks plastic cars.
I was expecting ams2 like hell but I have been very let down.
I play only vr, if that makes any difference

Funny, I just bought a new monitor and Assetto Corsa looks like a BRAND NEW game compared to my previous screen at the same resolution. I've driven AMS2 on my old screen and I'm expecting it to look significantly better on my new monitor. My point is, sometimes it's your monitor settings or software settings ranging from windows, nvidia and how everything is setup. :)

That does beg the question, though, that if someone posting on a forum can make the FFB better with a modified file, why couldn’t Reiza?

Because they haven't finished tweaking the FFB yet, once they have done then who knows they may release their own Profiles but bear in mind they probably don't own all the different types of Wheels to accomplish this (that's where the community comes in).

Well, it's in early access, so I guess those forum guys are just helping things along -many hands make light work.

Probably wouldn't make much sense to fiddle and fine tune to perfection FFB for the cars as long as they do not have the final version of the cars physic yet just saying :)!

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.1%
  • Full game

Votes: 178 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.8%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 123 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.1%