Sim racing paddock looks at the latest patch, its not good

He even went back and compared to AMS1 and the feedback he gives is damning, AMS1 is night and day better. There are weird issues on braking, turn in, understeer, weird snap oversteer mid corner. All of these he thinks are physics issues.

Well worth a watch to see the extent of what is feeling and behaving weirdly, all be it a few hours long since its a live stream.

"weird snap oversteer mid corner" ...really noticeable in f1 classic g3 m1 when you trail brake in towards the apex and then come off the brakes fully (I'm not jumping off the brake). Should be way more subtle or gradual imo. Still love that car though :)

Did you watch him in the F3 car ? looked like he was driving a rally car, the physics still have that slight PC2 feel about them and need a bit of work yet , I don`t think the madness engine is up to the task of turning this into a hardcore sim unfortunately.... hope am wrong.

Last edited:
Patch is fine. I was curious too, but when he did the AMS1 comparison bit, his driving was all over the place. I've driven thousand of laps in the V8 in AMS1 for league racing and its nowhere near as twitchy to drive as he drives it, not even with the stock setup. It handles just fine.

"weird snap oversteer mid corner", isn't this one of the worst issues from PC2? I "hate" PC2 because of that. I lose grip "randomly" on the mid of the corner and voila, you are doing drift with a GT3, LMP or whatever. I have read a lot of things "livetrack 3.0 bug", "cold tyres mate, you noob", "change the setup", blablabla. I think I won't purchase (despite they increased the price/remove the discount) until I won't get dissapointed with the result. Everything I have seen reminds me to PC2, but my opinion does not have value because I haven't played AMB2.

"weird snap oversteer mid corner" ...really noticeable in f1 classic g3 m1 when you trail brake in towards the apex and then come off the brakes fully (I'm not jumping off the brake). Should be way more subtle or gradual imo. Still love that car though :)
Delete AMS 2 files in Documents folder and Reset car setup to default :)

" Be advised you must reset your car setups to properly experience recent physics developments - setup changes are auto-saved and reloaded whenever you choose the same car so if you have an old setup change it will still be applying with potentially incompatible changes from the new build- to avoid such issues, upon loading a car in v0.9.2.1 make sure to go into Setup screen & click "reset to default"; if in doubt or to assure you´re running current default settings, a fresh player profile is recommend (you can create a fresh profile by deleting your local My Docs/Automobilista 2 folder - be advised this will delete all your game settings). "

Delete AMS 2 files in Documents folder and Reset car setup to default :)

" Be advised you must reset your car setups to properly experience recent physics developments - setup changes are auto-saved and reloaded whenever you choose the same car so if you have an old setup change it will still be applying with potentially incompatible changes from the new build- to avoid such issues, upon loading a car in v0.9.2.1 make sure to go into Setup screen & click "reset to default"; if in doubt or to assure you´re running current default settings, a fresh player profile is recommend (you can create a fresh profile by deleting your local My Docs/Automobilista 2 folder - be advised this will delete all your game settings). "

At 13:00 or so, he completely deleted the folder referenced above and then continued...

Video is now out of date, those viewing it beware it's of an older build so bares little resemblance to the latest build - I strongly advise not to judge AMS2 based on this video.

Or any video for that matter. Just try it yourself and if you don't like it refund. Everyone's expectations are different so why blindly believe what one guy is saying?

At 13:00 or so, he completely deleted the folder referenced above and then continued...

Yes he did delete those files but he did not do a car setup reset as recommended.

"...make sure to go into Setup screen & click "reset to default"; if in doubt or to assure you´re running current default settings ".

I had similar problems a few weeks ago and did the same things he did - even uninstalled my game - and only in the end I did car setup reset and by miracle problem was fixed.
Looks like setups get corrupted in time as my problems were not after an update!

AMS 2 is good but it has too much issues that i doubt will be fixed for next 3 years. Reiza is a cool studio that works very hard but this Madness engine is very limited. They sacrified a whole sim for some additiona graphic feature. AMS 2 is also victim of it's own content now, most of the cars need work and that's a lot of cars. The killer feature, the FFB definitively showed it's limit at least for middle and low end wheels, there will be some tweaking but it will never be in the same league as RF2,AMS1,RRE or Ac. AMS 2 may be the first in history that will get degressive reception from positive to negative after some time.

Last edited:
AMS 2 is good but it has too much issues that i doubt will be fixed for next 3 years. Reiza is a cool studio that works very hard but this Madness engine is very limited. They sacrified a whole sim for some additiona graphic feature. AMS 2 is also victim of it's own content now, most of the cars need work and that's a lot of cars. The killer feature, the FFB definitively showed it's limit at least for middle and low end wheels, there will be some tweaking but it will never be in the same league as RF2,AMS2,RRE or Ac. AMS 2 may be the first in history that will get degressive reception from positive to negative after some time.
I'd return that crystal ball to wherever you got it from as it's speaking utter bollocks man

I'd return that crystal ball to wherever you got it from as it's speaking utter bollocks man

I think Reiza is stuck in a nsim racing Paradox. They are extremely competent at their jobs while at the same time don't know anything about game engines for sim racing and chose the wrong game engine. Just ask the random person on the street...

Notice that the paradox intensifies in ilema's post itself as well as towards the end, he mentions that the FFB showed it's limit for one, but then "it will never be in the same league as RF2,AMS2,RRE or Ac."... So AMS2 FFB is better than AMS2 FFB... Which is a known physics problem called Schrödinger's FFB. Where a game has the best and the worst ffb at the same time.

I am going to call the head of the Max Plank institute now and tell them to study Reiza as this is something extraordinary. Never before have physicist encountered quantum effects on macro objects.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.1%
  • Full game

Votes: 178 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.8%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 123 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.1%