Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Hi friends, here's my rig with recently added motion set up. It's now finished (in theory, are they ever really?). Not too flashy (I run VR so never looking at it) but has the essentials - shakers, wind, motion. Some hardware details-
MSI 12700KF/RTX4070Ti/32G DDR4 3600
ASR4 chassis
NRG FRP-310 seat
Quest 3 headset
Moza R12/CS V2 wheel
Fanatec CSL Elite V2 pedals
4 Dayton Audio bass shakers (1 BST-300EX, 3 BST-1)
Arduino UNO R3/TB6612 motor shield/120 mm fans
eRacing-Lab RSMega4U motion system
12U server cabinet

Attachments

• resize1.jpg
    resize1.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 203
  • resize2.jpg
    resize2.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 179
  • resize3.jpg
    resize3.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 176
  • resize4.jpg
    resize4.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 179
What effects do you have on the shakers?
And does the shaker on the main profile do much?

I ask because I have two EX300 on my seat rails (isolated from the rig with RaceBass Isolators,) but I feel they could do more.

What effects do you have on the shakers?
And does the shaker on the main profile do much?

I ask because I have two EX300 on my seat rails (isolated from the rig with RaceBass Isolators,) but I feel they could do more.
The BST-1 on the side profile is somewhat subtle even feeding it a full 50W, the only effect I have going to it is front wheel slip, and it works out really well for that. It probably wouldn't be up to the task for stronger effects though. The EX300 is mounted to the pedal deck and that thing can shake the fillings out of my teeth if it's cranked up...that's giving it 120W and master gain set to 70%. I have that one doing the heavy lifting--engine vibes, ABS, wheel lock up, and gear shifts. The other 2 BT-1s are mounted to the seat bottom and back, they give a nice strong response at only 35% master gain, being directly mounted to a rigid fiberglass seat really transmits the energy well. I have these doing rear wheel slip, wheel lock up, as well as just a touch of engine vibes and gear shifts.

I'm surprised about your EX300s...feeding them enough power? The isolators isolating too much? Or maybe just the difference between being mounted in a location closer to direct contact (pedal deck, seat) vs. a more remote location like a side rail, seat rail, etc

The BST-1 on the side profile is somewhat subtle even feeding it a full 50W, the only effect I have going to it is front wheel slip, and it works out really well for that. It probably wouldn't be up to the task for stronger effects though. The EX300 is mounted to the pedal deck and that thing can shake the fillings out of my teeth if it's cranked up...that's giving it 120W and master gain set to 70%. I have that one doing the heavy lifting--engine vibes, ABS, wheel lock up, and gear shifts. The other 2 BT-1s are mounted to the seat bottom and back, they give a nice strong response at only 35% master gain, being directly mounted to a rigid fiberglass seat really transmits the energy well. I have these doing rear wheel slip, wheel lock up, as well as just a touch of engine vibes and gear shifts.

I'm surprised about your EX300s...feeding them enough power? The isolators isolating too much? Or maybe just the difference between being mounted in a location closer to direct contact (pedal deck, seat) vs. a more remote location like a side rail, seat rail, etc
I'm driving my bigger shakers with a Yamaha 5.1 receiver, nominally 130watts at 6ohm.

20240410_125036.jpg

The EX300 go to mounting rails of the seat which gives me separate left/right feedback on raod and slip effects, the Aurasound in the foreground is boltet directly to the seat pan.

The isolation between seat rails and rig profiles actually improved the response by concentrating more power into the seat and pedalplate.

In the end the feedback is very similar what my road car (on KW Coil Overs) "tells" me about the road surface and bumps. Curb feedback is a very mixed bag from jarring to "seen, not felt". But it´s the same in the steering wheel, so I believe it´s more a problem of road texture in the track (mod)

Nice rigs you got! I could not fit a separate rig into my office so I decided to build a "Modular Computer Desk". The last piece of the table (20 cm) is swappable so I can switch between Office/Racing/Flying. I am mostly into racing though so I don't use the fly rig too much. Pedal stand is also detachable but I have them always there, they are not in the way when sitting there and working from home or something.

Other than than, regular Moza setup. R5 base with ES 12" wheel. CRP pedals, also HBP & HGP. And a control panel which is Loupedeck Live S. One thing that can not be seen on the photo. A strap which holds the chair to the table so you don't move when braking :)

53901670001_0b890870b2_o.jpg

finalized the Qubic Build during the last month together with the delivery of their belt solution
this monster has just one use case - training for real races
it was an amazing project and i am happy that i was part of it
at some point we lost motivation,
- the high performance of the Qubic requires special rig addons
- available space to hide Qubic control boxes and several bass shakers
the list of used parts is like a charm - SC2 Ulti, Simtag hydro pedals (took me some time to find 2nd hand), 3x32 added to the motion rig, Qubic QS-220, Qubic QS-CH2, Qubic QS-BT1, real Racelogic, Frex H-Pattern, Simlab P1, Cambridge 5.1 System (just amazing), some bass shakers (just check mine - its more or less a copy), streamdeck m and xl (just amazing how you can control Qubic) - the wheel is mine, just there for some pictures ;)

IMG_1980.JPG
IMG_1982.JPG
IMG_1990.JPG
IMG_1989.JPG
IMG_1994.JPG

As I was getting ready to upgrade my rig (yet again), I thought I'd share an update on the Playseat Challenge: Ridiculous Edition. In April 2023, I shared what I'd built as an enthusiast leisure sim gamer, which was already an evolution of my Playseat Challenge with a Logitech G29 wheel. Over the last 1.5 years, the setup has been pretty solid, barring some parts that were replaced / upgraded. Here's what I changed and why:
  1. Swapped exciters with bass shakers as the exciters were too rattly and weren't enjoyable.
  2. Replaced generic shifter with SHH shifter since the shifter stopped working about 6 months ago.
  3. Added separate USB sound cards and switched the bass shaker amplifiers to using line in instead of USB since the amplifiers would not be persistently recognized by Windows. This meant that I was having to configure SimHub after every reboot, which got annoying very fast.
  4. Replaced the deep dish wheel with a Simsonn aluminium wheel+button+shifter combo to enable keyboard-free control and to get paddle shifters for GT cars.
  5. Leather-wrapped the handbrake for kicks.
  6. Replaced USB hubs and added a switched surge protector after I lost them to a power surge.
I'm usually playing BeamNG.drive on 100% FFB strength on the VRS and it's just heaps of fun doing laps of the Nordschleife in various cars. I also find myself driving the Dirt Rally Wales circuits in the Lancia 037 Evo. And sometimes in a Shelby Cobra driving the Nordschleife again, but in Assetto Corsa. The rig is a hit with kids, of course. My 17-year old sets it up on his own but it's too heavy for my 11-year old.

Of late I've started finding the pedal set pretty lacking (it's a survivor from an earlier power surge that took out my G29 wheelbase) and I'd been eyeing the Simsonn pedal set for quite a while given the good reviews it's been getting. I pulled the trigger on it recently and I now have a very heavy pedal set that I need to mount on this already ridiculously heavy rig. I have been thinking of making the rig mobile for storage and set up. It seems like I'll need to figure that out simultaneously with the pedal installation since the pedals are likely to make this rig prohibitively heavy to push around safely. LMK if you have any ideas.

The present quick release has some play in it and needs replacing. The SHH shifter isn't as fun to slam around like the generic Chinese shifter I had earlier. Its party trick of switching from an H-shifter to a sequential shifter in a few seconds is hard to beat, though. The Simsonn wheel is pretty good for the price, but the VRS wheelbase is really the star of this setup. Anyways, more photos of the present rig here on Imgur. Apologies for the poor lighting this time around; hard to find time to do this in the daytime.
IMG_1183 Large.jpeg
IMG_1182 Large.jpeg
IMG_1153 Large.jpeg

Last edited:
Been a long while since I've been on the site so thought I'd throw an updated pic of the rig on the forum. Pedals are now Simucube, seat has a power seat base from a C5 corvette, and switched back to my original DIY seat belt actuator after SimHub stepped up with their software offerings.
IMG_3326.jpg

Latest News

Back