AC Shadow Formula 1 test event@Monaco

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The idea is great (as Hans ideas always are)!

Atm I can't say if I can commit. Life's just too busy. But I'll follow with interest here.

Would it be worth having a little research, which (mod) car available from the RD download section could fit those little circuits best? I'm sure there are a few good options around. I remember a cross cart here or a legend car and so on...

Would it be worth having a little research, which (mod) car available from the RD download section could fit those little circuits best?
Hi Reik. Thanks for thinking with me :thumbsup: . Yes this is exactly why what I'm trying to do.
Paul also helped with suggestions. The point for this championship is that it's on the GPK versions of the tracks which are shorter and narrower so most of the cars are too big to make overtaking possible. That's why I chose the three cars in on the practice server. I'm open for other suggestions but they have to be small. For example I tried the Abarth 595, the Mini and the Legends 34 Ford but even those cars are too big.

Another thing to take into consideration is that I think the events should be very accessable meaning that it shouldn't take a lot of time for the participants as these events are extra. So preferably not much practice/setup time needed. In that aspect the Ligier is clearly the best for now.

Hi Han.

I did some more testing but this time on a range of different tracks and with AI for company.

The 50 Kart was good as expected on these smaller circuits in practice but I had pretty poor FPS with 20 karts in a race. I am not sure if this would be replicated on a race server but is of concern.

The Ligier felt cumbersome, slow and unpredictable, but maybe that’s just me, as you had a grip of it at the Spa event last week. But for a novelty fun racing this would work I’m not sure about maintaining interest over a season though.

The MAD Formula student car felt the best for me on all of the tracks I tried. Interlagos was especially tremendous fun with 19 other cars braking for T1. I’m not sure if all the current F1 tracks are represented in GPK ( didn’t see Red Bull ring) but if not the MAD car could be used on some full scale circuits and there is a faster EVO version.

So for me, my personal preference would be the MAD formula as there have been championships on GPK track running the Formula student cars and I was most comfortable with these but happy to go with whatever you decide.

Is there time to do test races to see how the different cars go with club members?

Last edited:
Is there time to do test races to see how the different cars go with club members?
First race is 12 March in Bahrain.
So we have some weeks time. Up till now there's very little response on my request to test the cars on the practice server. I tested the Ligier with the AI but the AI is rubbish. No car made it to the 4th lap.
Your opinion on the Ligier and your preference on the MAD make both sense although I prefer the GoKart myself.

I think that it all comes down to if we want this additional to our regular events because with the GoKart and especially the MAD the events will need to be taken seriously in terms of time investment. So probably we should use the Tuesday or the Wednesday for it, instead of the events there.

The Ligier need very little practice once you get to know the car and it has the best dimensions for close battles.
I can use a next Tuesday for a test event but only with the Ligier or the Mad because the GoKart isn't available on S.GP.

Alright... so I tested all 3 cars over the weekend... first of all, the track is great! It's recognizable enough yet a challenge to master in karts... it would be funtastic if this existed in real life. :laugh: My opinion is not far from those aired before. The Ligier is nimble, but perhaps TOO nimble in the sense that it gives you no room for mistakes. I'm very happy it doesn't turn over coz my first tries would have been more tumbles than laps. I did manage to nab a faster time than that of Han so that kept me going until achieved! :roflmao: The 50-Kart was interesting... once you're up to speed is a party-on-wheels to drive, but once you make a mistake you're as good as dead-in-the-water because my gawd it's slooow to pick up speed... :cry: It is a challenge but a frustrating one at times. The MAD Formula cars, on the other hand, are true pocket-rockets and a thrill to drive! :thumbsup: The difference of speed with the other two is ridiculous but I really liked it, maybe because it's a great mix of retro-arcadey mindset with a sim-level challenge approach on top, you know what I mean? My choice would be the MAD Formula but I don't know if the speed difference (especially with the Ligier) would be a safe combo... :confused: I think I'll have to run a combined-arms race with Ai to find out.. :sneaky:

O
Alright... so I tested all 3 cars over the weekend... first of all, the track is great! It's recognizable enough yet a challenge to master in karts... it would be funtastic if this existed in real life. :laugh: My opinion is not far from those aired before. The Ligier is nimble, but perhaps TOO nimble in the sense that it gives you no room for mistakes. I'm very happy it doesn't turn over coz my first tries would have been more tumbles than laps. I did manage to nab a faster time than that of Han so that kept me going until achieved! :roflmao: The 50-Kart was interesting... once you're up to speed is a party-on-wheels to drive, but once you make a mistake you're as good as dead-in-the-water because my gawd it's slooow to pick up speed... :cry: It is a challenge but a frustrating one at times. The MAD Formula cars, on the other hand, are true pocket-rockets and a thrill to drive! :thumbsup: The difference of speed with the other two is ridiculous but I really liked it, maybe because it's a great mix of retro-arcadey mindset with a sim-level challenge approach on top, you know what I mean? My choice would be the MAD Formula but I don't know if the speed difference (especially with the Ligier) would be a safe combo... :confused: I think I'll have to run a combined-arms race with Ai to find out.. :sneaky:
Thanks for having a go Raul.
I found that the pick up on the kart could be improved with a lot of clutch slip but as Han has said, thus isn’t on SGP so a no go there.
All of the other GPK tracks I tried, they seemed to suit the MAD better in my less than skilled hands, I found that the body roll in the Ligier was just a bit off putting but that could just me.
But all of this is not going to have any impact if there is not enough interest.

Thanks Raul :thumbsup: The championship will be monoclass so don't worry about combined testing.

Alright! :thumbsup: I still will try it at some point I think... :confused: ...just to see what the heck happens! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I think that the AI racelines are not very good implemented in the GPK tracks. None of them were able to finish a race for 12 laps.

Just to throw another car into the mix (because one can never have too many cars :D ) , https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/melkus-mt77.18908/

I took this one out the other day on this track, and except for 1 hairpin that if you don't get right it can get tight, these seem to "echo" mini f1 cars. Not the most detailed model, but they have some power, good grip. Faster than the carts I think, but less twitchy than the MAD. Dunno if they're on Simracing.gp though / if they'd be too "big" for racing with other drivers.

I need to give the MAD more time, but otherwise between the cars here, the cart feels the easiest for me to wrangle here :)

On a side note, did anyone else not have a dash or driver when driving the carts? If I switch to 3rd person view I see the driver, but if I go to any other view, the cart disappears. Worked fine otherwise though

Last edited:
Just to throw another car into the mix (because one can never have too many cars :D ) , https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/melkus-mt77.18908/

I took this one out the other day on this track, and except for 1 hairpin that if you don't get right it can get tight, these seem to "echo" mini f1 cars. Not the most detailed model, but they have some power, good grip. Faster than the carts I think, but less twitchy than the MAD. Dunno if they're on Simracing.gp though / if they'd be too "big" for racing with other drivers.

I need to give the MAD more time, but otherwise between the cars here, the cart feels the easiest for me to wrangle here :)

On a side note, did anyone else not have a dash or driver when driving the carts? If I switch to 3rd person view I see the driver, but if I go to any other view, the cart disappears. Worked fine otherwise though
You can move your view back when you use the right camera position so you can see the front fairing and the wheels on some karts.

Does sgp support weight and restrictor penalties?
An idea would be to set all MADs to 100% restrictor to make it more accessible.

I love the ligier btw. I remember that Christmas special race with Bram around a karting track. Everyone had a great laugh and these cars drift super easily so everyone felt like a drift pro with style :D

But yeah not sure if any serious racing would be enjoyable. They are the best for having a laugh while being accessible to drive close to others.

then did some set up changes on the Ligier (opened up the rear window :D
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Unfortunately not. We have asked for BOP settings for future updates.
Yeah I thought so.. :(

Maybe they should give access to the ac implementation to a few of us for a week or so... We could also fix this:
Thread 'Sign up after session has started' https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sign-up-after-session-has-started.219124/

:whistling:

Either way, I root for the ligier!
Had a very short offline go with mouse steering and the mad is absolutely.. Mad lol :D
For a more serious approach it's an awesome car but I personally would prefer the casual approach the ligier forces, since no matter how much you practice, you'll crash at some point.
Probably in a hilarious way though and laugh :D

Hi Robert,

I briefly tried the Melkus and they are a easier to handle as the MAD. They are also small enough for the GPK tracks.
So for a serious championship where practice is needed and setup can be important, it's a very good alternative.
Thanks!

Latest News

Back