AC Shadow Formula 1 test event@Monaco

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
screenshot_madformulateam_mftc3_drift_17-0-121-11-15-34-jpg.437034

maxresdefault.jpg

10x4-50-5-Tubeless-Band-Go-Kart-Drift-Band-Cst-Racing-Karting-Slick-Banden-Accessoires.jpg

20180401114944_1-jpg.244183

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

I am thinking of organizing a shadow Formula 1 championship with one of the above cars.

22 races held on Thursday in the same week and the same track as the real F1. They are the mini versions of the real track, but very recognizable! An event lasts a maximum of one hour (P,Q,R)

The Ligier is simple with very few setup options and a lot of fun.
The MAD is a powerful kart with lots of setup options and a handful to drive. But also fun.
So for the Ligier you don't need much time but it doesn't really fit with an F1 feeling. The MAD needs time to adjust the car for the track and learn to drive it.
I've added also the GoKart 50 and the Estonia also.

I am not sure what car it will be and I would like your help.
I set up a practice server with these cars at the Monaco track. Password: dunlop

I'd like you to try these cars and tell me by posting in this thread.

• which car do you prefer for a championship with 22 races
  • if you want to take part in this championship which is held on Thursdays in the weeks when there is an F1 Grand Prix.
You can find the test server by searching for 'racedepartment'.
Thank you in advance.

TIP: The MAD reacts extremely quickly to the steering wheel. I have lowered the steering degrees to make it more drivable for me.

Mods:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mad-formula-team-mftc3.36690/version/83717/download

Last edited:
Hi Han
I have done about 25 laps in both cars around Monaco tonight and while this is no way scientific, here are my findings and feelings;

Both cars were tested in default setting.

Ligier S1.
Pros-
  • Slower lap times – may be better for beginners to join in.
  • Lap time comparable with the real F1 lap time so sort of in scale.
  • More chance of side by side racing.
Cons-
  • Very unstable and tendency to roll and understeer/oversteer easily. I took several laps before I could record a time.
  • Doesn’t look anything like a F1 car-might put some off.
  • Sound is very mechanical and harsh.
  • Turf tyre prone to wear.
  • Might be a bit of a drag to have to race these 22 times in a championship.
MAD Formula
Pros-
  • Looks like a mini F1 car.
  • Insane levels of grip straight out the box.
  • Low centre of gravity -handles well once you get used to ultra quick steering. I took three laps to get settled and record quick consistent times.
  • Sounds good.
  • A good livery selection.
  • Maybe would attract more drivers over a longer championship.
Cons-
  • Maybe too quick (30% quicker than Ligier) and overtaking opportunities will be less (like the real thing around Monaco).
  • Beginners may be put off by speed of fast guys.
I then did some set up changes on the Ligier (opened up the rear window :D ) and I could get it around with a bit more consistency.

I didn’t feel that I need to to any changes to the MAD apart from tyre pressures as my brain couldn’t cope with going any faster and I’ll be seeing Armco barriers flashing by in my sleep now. :confused: I got used to the steering speed after three laps without altering and settings.

For me the Ligier was too cumbersome and twitchy and I preferred the MAD for grip levels and consistency, but that doesn't necessarily promote close racing and overtaking.

As these circuits are Kart tracks I wondered if there were any suitable karts. I then went onto RD and found quite a selection of goKarts just to compare them against the Ligier and MAD.

There were a couple of very good shifter karts but I found a 50cc Auto kart that worked very well offline and fitted in between the lap times of the MAD and Ligier. But we are then getting into karting which may be getting away from what you are trying to achieve here. Also I don’t know if they are acceptable or have any restrictions/faults but they are on RD so would seem to be legal.
These are purely my thoughts and findings, other will undoubtedly have their own thoughts and feedback.

Hope this helps.

Hi Han
I have done about 25 laps in both cars around Monaco tonight and while this is no way scientific, here are my findings and feelings;

Both cars were tested in default setting.

Ligier S1.
Pros-
  • Slower lap times – may be better for beginners to join in.
  • Lap time comparable with the real F1 lap time so sort of in scale.
  • More chance of side by side racing.
Cons-
  • Very unstable and tendency to roll and understeer/oversteer easily. I took several laps before I could record a time.
  • Doesn’t look anything like a F1 car-might put some off.
  • Sound is very mechanical and harsh.
  • Turf tyre prone to wear.
  • Might be a bit of a drag to have to race these 22 times in a championship.
MAD Formula
Pros-
  • Looks like a mini F1 car.
  • Insane levels of grip straight out the box.
  • Low centre of gravity -handles well once you get used to ultra quick steering. I took three laps to get settled and record quick consistent times.
  • Sounds good.
  • A good livery selection.
  • Maybe would attract more drivers over a longer championship.
Cons-
  • Maybe too quick (30% quicker than Ligier) and overtaking opportunities will be less (like the real thing around Monaco).
  • Beginners may be put off by speed of fast guys.
I then did some set up changes on the Ligier (opened up the rear window :D ) and I could get it around with a bit more consistency.

I didn’t feel that I need to to any changes to the MAD apart from tyre pressures as my brain couldn’t cope with going any faster and I’ll be seeing Armco barriers flashing by in my sleep now. :confused: I got used to the steering speed after three laps without altering and settings.

For me the Ligier was too cumbersome and twitchy and I preferred the MAD for grip levels and consistency, but that doesn't necessarily promote close racing and overtaking.

As these circuits are Kart tracks I wondered if there were any suitable karts. I then went onto RD and found quite a selection of goKarts just to compare them against the Ligier and MAD.

There were a couple of very good shifter karts but I found a 50cc Auto kart that worked very well offline and fitted in between the lap times of the MAD and Ligier. But we are then getting into karting which may be getting away from what you are trying to achieve here. Also I don’t know if they are acceptable or have any restrictions/faults but they are on RD so would seem to be legal.
These are purely my thoughts and findings, other will undoubtedly have their own thoughts and feedback.

Hope this helps.
That's really great, Paul Thanks! Do you have the link to that GO kart. It isn't available on S.GP yet but I can ask for a special favor.

That's really great, Paul Thanks! Do you have the link to that GO kart. It isn't available on S.GP yet but I can ask for a special favor.
A selection of karts in here, I used the 50cc auto.

and the shifter karts

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/kart.39872/ ( see notes about written permission for championship use).

S.GP uses a different version. I apparantly installed that one. I'll give you the correct link in a few minutes.

Sounds like a ton of fun Han @HF2000 ! :laugh: I don't think I can pull a wednesdey & thrusday simnight at home but I will def' give testing a good go... Paul's @Shed 17 conclusions from his thorough rundown sound excellent. Epic work señor! :thumbsup:
Qualify and race will take only about 40 minutes. And only in the weeks with a F1 Grand Prix. Practice server will be available thoughout the week.

Latest News

Back