ACC [SGP] GT3 @ Monza - Wednesday 19th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Shocking race tonight. Was running solid in amongst 5th to 7th. only to have a weird warp where the car behind me came from 1.6s behind to onto my rear bumper in one corner. I thought he had missed his braking point, so took avoiding action., only to see the car I had avoided be a long ways back...so odd. Anyway, rode a kerb and the ensuing bounce pitched me into the wall and damaged the car as. No biggie as the pit stop was close.

Went in to the pits, took the extra time to repair, but when I came out, the damage had not been repaired. The car was 3 to 4s a lap slower. Even though the pits reported damage repaired.

I thought this was enough, but then the warping started to happen again. Tagged someone myself (sorry about that, but when I turned in you were a good car's length ahead, then you were on my bonnet!).

For the rest of the race, I was just confused. Even though I was lapping at the same pace as the car in front, over 2 laps I lost 10 seconds. a few laps later, it was 19 second. It was like they had cut the chicanes (they hadn't). It was so odd. Cant rule out my ISP as we have had throttling due to a fault this week and it has not been fixed yet. But I have never seen such odd warping in ACC

Anyone seen this before?

Shocking race tonight. Was running solid in amongst 5th to 7th. only to have a weird warp where the car behind me came from 1.6s behind to onto my rear bumper in one corner. I thought he had missed his braking point, so took avoiding action., only to see the car I had avoided be a long ways back...so odd. Anyway, rode a kerb and the ensuing bounce pitched me into the wall and damaged the car as. No biggie as the pit stop was close.

Went in to the pits, took the extra time to repair, but when I came out, the damage had not been repaired. The car was 3 to 4s a lap slower. Even though the pits reported damage repaired.

I thought this was enough, but then the warping started to happen again. Tagged someone myself (sorry about that, but when I turned in you were a good car's length ahead, then you were on my bonnet!).

For the rest of the race, I was just confused. Even though I was lapping at the same pace as the car in front, over 2 laps I lost 10 seconds. a few laps later, it was 19 second. It was like they had cut the chicanes (they hadn't). It was so odd. Cant rule out my ISP as we have had throttling due to a fault this week and it has not been fixed yet. But I have never seen such odd warping in ACC

Anyone seen this before?

My first race here a few weeks back I hit 3 or 4 people due to the exact same issue. Cars would look they were going wide and missing the turn to all of sudden slide latterly across the track right into my bumper spinning them out.

Out of curiosity, check your race report and see if the incident was recorded by the system.
Mine says I still have zero incidents even tho I clearly hit people.
Did it make any collision sounds by chance? Mine didn't during any of the incidents.
Several others in the chat mentioned rubber banding in certain areas of the track.

I think I saw this, was it yellow Honda behind you? A car in front of me just jumped to the side when I had perhaps 2-3 cars margin to it. A connection failure? Are you on WiFi?

My first race here a few weeks back I hit 3 or 4 people due to the exact same issue. Cars would look they were going wide and missing the turn to all of sudden slide latterly across the track right into my bumper spinning them out.

Out of curiosity, check your race report and see if the incident was recorded by the system.
Mine says I still have zero incidents even tho I clearly hit people.
Did it make any collision sounds by chance? Mine didn't during any of the incidents.
Several others in the chat mentioned rubber banding in certain areas of the track.
ACC does not register collisions. The incidents counter on SGP stands for penalties you have received. In AC it does register collisions.

Sorry I had to bail out from the race. Was in a meeting on discord with somebody else and didn't want to mess up the start being on the grid not prepared.

Still good turn out and great to see you all on track. See you on the next event!

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.3%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.2%