rF2 S397 GT3 @ Buenos Aires #8 - Fri 04 Feb 2022 *Buenos Aires Trophy Rd 1/5*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Club Staff
Premium
JtOchgt.jpg
Starting of the Buenos Aires Trophy is a race with the GT3 cars. The Autodromo Buenos Aires or Autódromo Oscar y Juan Gálvez as it's actually named is most known for hosting F1 in the 50's, 70's and mid 90's. It's a track located in the middle of Buenos Aires, and the track still has 12 different official layouts. Some quite similar, but also some that widely differs from each other. That's something we'll notice. This Friday's event will go on the 3.3km Circuito No.8

Eligibility:
You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and TeamSpeak, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: esports]
[
RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GT3

Car(s): *Note: GT3 Pack is on sale until 3rd February*
  • McLaren 650S GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2017 & 2020) - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Mercedes AMG GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Radical RXC Turbo GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • McLaren 720S GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • BMW M6 GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Audi R8 LMS GT3 (2018 & 2019) - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack

Track: Buenos Aires [STEAM]
Layout:
Circuit No.8
Track Temperature: 29°C
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap, Rolling Start.
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Friday 04 February 2022
Practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (15 minutes - PRIVATE)
Warm Up: 20:35 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 20:40 UTC (50 minutes)

Vqvrwfl.png

DRIVER LIST

GT3

1. Ole Marius Myrvold
  2. Roy Magnes
  3. Herlev
  4. Jimlaad43
  5. Michael Rudolf
  6. Edgar1996.10
  7. Jan Larsen
  8. David Steinacher
  9. Xalfy
  10. SimApprentice21
  11. JLuna26
  12. heyha1400
  13. Maciej Strzeboński
  14. Jasje
  15. Colin Peach
  16. Hartmut2
  17. Dean Maković
  18. xoSx.Racing
  19. Shawn Jacobs
  20. geries
  21. akephoe
  22. Arkoudadis
  23. Pauli Ahonen
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
  26. Free Spot
  27. Free Spot
  28. Free Spot

utp: #60 OMM
SERVER IS UP!

Buenos Aires Trophy!
I know, I know. It sounds boring initially... Same track 4 weeks in a row. In fact, this track have got so vastly different layouts that it will not feel like the same track being used. That combined with us not using the same class of cars week in and week out will make the races feel different from each other. Trust me! There is also no danger for this being a trend in the future, with a single track - multiple layouts for a month :) But this will be great fun!
As usual in case of multi-class events, points will be adjusted manually and points will be given for class position.
A different point system in place for this month:

Race 1-3
1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th
11th12th13th14th15th16th17th18th19th20th->

Race 4-5 *Double Header - Sprint Races*
1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th
11th12th13th14th15th16th17th18th19th20th->

Race results, standings, stats can be found here after the races (not online until Race 1) :)

The races will be run as usual club races, so no sign-ups, no need to use the same cars for multiple events and so on!

Ooh, interesting concept of the same track just different layouts. Are there plans to use different cars too? Like on the super-long layout doing a multiclass Endurance pack? Perhaps you could ask everyone to make sure they also use a different cat each round too if we're doing multiple GT3 rounds. Could spice it up. If you're doing two Endurance races, ask people to be LMP for one round and GTE for the other? Could be interesting.
Formula E race on the shortest layout :whistling:

Also I'm in for this one :thumbsup:

Ooh, interesting concept of the same track just different layouts. Are there plans to use different cars too? Like on the super-long layout doing a multiclass Endurance pack? Perhaps you could ask everyone to make sure they also use a different cat each round too if we're doing multiple GT3 rounds. Could spice it up. If you're doing two Endurance races, ask people to be LMP for one round and GTE for the other? Could be interesting.
Formula E race on the shortest layout :whistling:

The "drive one class here, then other class next" is something we did in the Richard Burns Rally Club a decade ago. Not 100% sure it would work as well here. Who knows.

There are plans for some different cars as well. The idea is to use one of the GT-layouts this week (as is obvious to see). The other layouts will be the IMSA (also known as the historic), so that gives a hint towards cars, we will also use one of the more modern, later made layouts, and lastly one of the touring-layouts - which obviously will not be done with multiclass, or F1 as that will be the double header :)

This will give us layouts that are 2km,3km,4m and 5km long and except for the first (and possibly last corner), I don't think we will drive the same corners more than twice at max over the 4 layouts! So I think it will feel quite different from week to week :)

Are we going around the lake at some point? Thinking IMSA cars on the historic long layout...:sneaky:

:whistling:

The other layouts will be the IMSA (also known as the historic), so that gives a hint towards cars,

That's the problem when you read as fast as you drive Jan ;P Slow down a bit, especially on the track :ninja:

EDIT: "IMSA Cars", that can mean a lot of different things. Modern ones? 80's? 90's? etc.

Last edited:
511B0hhgs2L._AC_SY450_.jpg

I really should learn to read AND actually understand, not just skimp it over :laugh:

Whatever IMSA you choose, just make sure it has the most amount of power, thats all I care about :p

I really should learn to read AND actually understand, not just skimp it over :laugh:

Whatever IMSA you choose, just make sure it has the most amount of power, thats all I care about :p
Awww, not go slower? :( Haha!

It has to have power to not make us fall asleep on the lake-loop. Do that with a Mini Cooper and you'll have time to solve crosswords before you are done with the loop!

Latest News

Back