rF2 S397 GT3 @ Albert Park - Fri 29 Apr 2022 *Awesome April 6/6*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
As it took so long time, I'll post it here as well, after last race :)

Results are finally up! :)
Remember, if you click "races" you can see all kinds of stats from the races! https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/awesome_april.html

1651084796330.png

All time stats: https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/all_time_stats.html (Note "titles" are not entirely correct, as it takes the leader of the "Awesome April" as the winner of a "title" as well!)

@Ole Marius Myrvold - the time of the race says day, but it was dark when I entered the server. Is it going to move from day to night? Or is it setup in the daytime for the UTC, while it's nighttime in AUS?

Weird. @Kresh mentioned the same on the Thursday server last week. The server is set up with practice time 14:00 or 15:00 (always "local time"). So shouldnt get dark.
I'll have a look this afternoon, unless I fall asleep right after work.

It's a 100% day race.

Ieird. @Kresh mentioned the same on the Thursday server last week. The server is set up with practice time 14:00 or 15:00 (always "local time"). So shouldnt get dark.
I'll have a look this afternoon, unless I fall asleep right after work.

It's a 100% day race.
I think is a bug, it has happened again to me since then, but when I rejoined the server it was day time.

@Ole Marius Myrvold - the time of the race says day, but it was dark when I entered the server. Is it going to move from day to night? Or is it setup in the daytime for the UTC, while it's nighttime in AUS?
I think is a bug, it has happened again to me since then, but when I rejoined the server it was day time.

I did a check. Practice and qualifying is at 850 min past midnight (because that is the way rF2 handles practice, qual and warm-up time of day...). Which is 14.16 hours (so 14 something before 14:10). The track is also set up with the correct longitude and latitude (checked the track gdb).
The track is either set at date 1st of January or 17th of March (not easy to completely understand from the gdb file). However, this means that the game should calculate sunrise to be at 07:32 at latest, and sunset at 19:15 at the earliest.
With practice starting at around 14:00, this shouldn't be an issue. I have however slowed down the time in-game as well, in case this causes it.

But from all I can see (and I did also test the track at day/night and evening to try and see if there was any funky business, there is nothing wrong with track settings, nor server settings.

Latest News

Back