rF2 S397 Endurance @ Buriram(Chang) - Fri 04 Nov 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Ah right, thanks for that - I'll give the mediums a go.

I used mediums on the Porsche with the old tyres as well, usually I ended up as the only one with mediums :p But if I used soft I started Project P(inky) Drifting the last 10-ish minutes.

I do like the new tyres, and I like that there is a different compound that's useful in qual v race :)

I used mediums on the Porsche with the old tyres as well, usually I ended up as the only one with mediums :p But if I used soft I started Project P(inky) Drifting the last 10-ish minutes.

I do like the new tyres, and I like that there is a different compound that's useful in qual v race :)
I always aimed to keep the tyres towards 60-70% at the end as with the old model lap times seemed to drop a lot if you went below that. If you saved a bit of tyre that was possible with the old softs and still faster than the old mediums. With the new model I think you can’t keep the softs that intact over 50 minutes without loosing a lot of time and also the speed difference between soft and medium seems to be less now as well. Didn’t do that much testing yet so we’ll see if that holds true :)

I'm guessing a set of GTE mediums will last the length then and if the fuel tank allows it then no stop required? Am I also right in thinking there is no TC or ABS? Forecast looks erm wet haha

Last edited:
Guys, i'm done.
rf2 is the only sim i have connection problems and i can't solve them. Its running ok for a time, today 45', and than i lose connection. i don't jnow why...
sorry for that.

Sorry I had to shoot, fireworks disturbing the kids. Enjoyed trying to not murder my tyres for the portion of the race I did manage to take part in! Good car and track combo.

Sorry I had to shoot, fireworks disturbing the kids. Enjoyed trying to not murder my tyres for the portion of the race I did manage to take part in! Good car and track combo.

A pity, race became quite lonely after you left :)

I hate this game, last 2 weeks it CTDs every single time I race!
Oh no, really sucks. You're pace was great could have been a great race :cry: :thumbsup:
Maybe some server issue, had a huge lag when you disconnected for like 2 secs braking into T2, thought I was kicked out as well.

Thanks for the nice race guys. Would've like to chat a bit more but did not want to wake my significant other.
Managed to get a clean start and was able to kind of follow the top two guys. I was planning on finishing the race on a single set of tyres so I took care not pushing them too hard.
@Jimlaad43 almost catched me during the final lap. Sorry to see you spin off, you deserved 2nd place based on pure speed.

@Ole Marius Myrvold , as always, thanks for organising!

So, at 22:03-22:04:18 CET, the RaceDepartment server had Desktop Window Manager starting up and shutting down. This reorganized the taskbar etc. never seen this happen before on the server. It was a bit laggy when logging on as well (the RD main server-PC, not rF2 server). It runs smooth now.

It was 30-60 seconds before Dastan had his issue and we others got a small freeze, so not sure it is related, but that is the only thing that happened on the server-PC during the whole race!

So, at 22:03-22:04:18 CET, the RaceDepartment server had Desktop Window Manager starting up and shutting down. This reorganized the taskbar etc. never seen this happen before on the server. It was a bit laggy when logging on as well (the RD main server-PC, not rF2 server). It runs smooth now.

It was 30-60 seconds before Dastan had his issue and we others got a small freeze, so not sure it is related, but that is the only thing that happened on the server-PC during the whole race!
Watching the replay Dastans car is shown as unknown so maybe something related to the livery?

On my end it looks like a memory leak. rF2 was trying to create a page file of over 3x times my physical memory, which is exceeding the maximum page file supported by Windows.
With my 64GB of RAM, maximum size supported is 294,912 GB, that's a freaking huge page file already, so I have no idea why rF2 was asking for more.

Last edited:
On my end it looks like a memory leak. rF2 was trying to create a page file of over 3x times my physical memory, which is exceeding the maximum page file supported by Windows.
With my 64GB of RAM, maximum size supported is 294,912 GB, that's a freaking huge page file already, so I have no idea why rF2 was asking for more.
Interesting, I only have 16GB, never had an issue like that

Same 16gb here as well, no issues ever.

My race was kinda lonely once Ed let me by, and I mean LET me by. We were only a few car lengths apart when that massive stutter happened which caused havoc. Once over, we were side by side after recovering from our respective off's and for some reason Ed backed off, so did I, then he did again and then I went on as usual. I got the lead, but in really odd circumstances :O_o:
Anyway, settled down and got some laptimes in after a very scruffy opening laps where I just couldnt find a rythm, and started to pull away slightly. Then Ed fell back and Michel took over 2nd. I was experimenting with a low downforce setup for future use but it still needs some fine tuning as it was a bit loose nearing the stop. Pitted a little early to take new rears which made the car understeer quite a bit for the first few laps, but later it settled in quite nicely. Cruised it to the win after that, making sure I didnt get more cut warnings as I was already on 3,5 out of 5.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%