AC RSS GT @ Monza - Sunday 1st May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Don't know any of those cars and no time to test them. Which one has a decent default setup?

OIP (2).jpg

I have declared myself to be third in this race.

Nice to have a race without aliens for once. My first GT win as I remember well and together with Ruud and Paul a podium that we not often see.
Got the pole with a 0,007s margin with Ernie. Now is Ernie not a good starter or he's just cautious to stay out of trouble in the first turns so I could stay in front with ease. But his pace was slightly better and he stayed within 1s with now and then a chance on a slipstream. I got quite nervous causing me to make small mistakes. That went better when he revealed that he was on a two stop strategy. So in lap14 he pitted and I was in no man's land. After my pitstop I was still 2nd behind Andreas. Being on better tyres I could close the gap and take the lead again and also the win. Not as easy as it sounds because my tyre pressure settings in the 2nd stint was not right, especially on the front tyres which made Ascari and the Lesmo's quite hazardous.

Very happy with a GT win for a change. Congrats to Ruud and Paul and thanks Brian for organizing.

@Kek700 You should stick with the 2-stop strategy. It looks very promising with some fine tuning:whistling:!

Last edited:
I haven’t had much racing lately so it was good to be back in the action last night.
I got a shocking start from P3 as the Ferrari bogged down and three cars went by going into Prima Variante.
Then there was an incident between Andreas and Pat I think at the second Variante and I found myself behind the Viper of Quentis. ( That sounds like a new Harry Potter film. Harry Potter and the Viper of Quentis!!! :roflmao::roflmao:). We had several close laps until unfortunately he spun out under pressure at the first chicane.

I was then running third again until the pit stop which took 59 seconds on a 50/50 tyre and fuel strategy. This seemed unusually long and I came out behind Ruud who had already pitted. We had a good battle but Brian was incoming and he got alongside at the first Variante on a couple of occasions, the second time contact was made and I spun out allowing Ernie to close in. Brian waited but I was unsettled and went off immediately at the second Variante allowing Ernie through.
I haven’t seen the replay yet but something happened between Brian and Ernie up ahead with a coupe of laps to go and I passed Ernie. Then on the final lap just before the finish line Brian allowed me to pass to take P3.

I really enjoyed this race and love these big GT cars. I don’t think I deserved the podium ( should have, could have, would have been Ernie:D) but I had a good race and that’s what matters to me.
Well done to Han and Ruud and thanks to Brian for waiting, letting me pass on the line and for organising this event, let’s do it again!

Congrats Han and to the podium finishers and thanks @Interslice for hosting. Those cars look very promising and fun to drive but I guess I've missed out on something. Couldn't get anywhere near the times of the front runners. Already lost 0.5s only in the first sector in Qualy :confused: and had no chance out of the corners against other cars in the race. Guess the default setup isn't very good at Monza. How much wing did you guys run?

Sorry Pat for the crash. Touched the grass while braking and lost it :/

Congrats Han and to the podium finishers and thanks @Interslice for hosting. Those cars look very promising and fun to drive but I guess I've missed out on something. Couldn't get anywhere near the times of the front runners. Already lost 0.5s only in the first sector in Qualy :confused: and had no chance out of the corners against other cars in the race. Guess the default setup isn't very good at Monza. How much wing did you guys run?

Sorry Pat for the crash. Touched the grass while braking and lost it :/
Hi Andreas,

Front Splitter 2 and rear wing 6.
ARB front 0. And further only tyre pressure and fuel.

Did not have a clue here, just guessed a strategy, guessed completely wrong, spent all my time with the Abarth instead of here and the rest of the time changing tyres and filling it with fuel x 3
.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Next time will know how to do it better, very nice cars to race, with plenty of power and grip.
I had a great setup from last time, a really enjoyable but after the first pit stop obvious race.
Pleased to send Han off on holiday with a win, so all was not lost.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Back