AC Round 9 of 23 Formula Agile@Montréal Thu, 15th Jun 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

abecede

Premium
1686125490968.png

NEW APPLICANTS WELCOME!

On June 15th, four days before the Formula 1 event, we will drive in Canada on the Gilles Villeneuve Circuit Montréal. A great creation by our fellow RD member Terra21. Download the track here or also inside Content Manager when joining the Practice server!

First, there is an optional 60 minutes practice session, then a qualifying session which lasts for 20 minutes (plus a bit for people to finish their current hotlap).
The race format for this round is: one 60 minutes race, pit stop IS mandatory.

Further info can be found on the championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS at the bottom of the page in the Montréal event area.

View attachment 669923
NEW APPLICANTS WELCOME!

On June 15th, four days before the Formula 1 event, we will drive in Canada on the Gilles Villeneuve Circuit Montréal. A great creation by our fellow RD member Terra21. Download the track here or also inside Content Manager when joining the Practice server!

First, there is an optional 60 minutes practice session, then a qualifying session which lasts for 20 minutes (plus a bit for people to finish their current hotlap).

Further info can be found on the championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS at the bottom of the page in the Montréal event area.

View attachment 669923
NEW APPLICANTS WELCOME!

Join please. Need server password. Very long time RD member but not actively Simracing for 6 years due to multiple spinal surgeries. Healed up enough to give it another try

Thanks
View attachment 669923
NEW APPLICANTS WELCOME!

Application for league participation. Long time RD member inactive for 6 years because of health issues. Healed up enough to dust off the race rig and try again. 6+year member of PrestoGP F1 league.

PM Server password please please

Join please. Need server password. Very long time RD member but not actively Simracing for 6 years due to multiple spinal surgeries. Healed up enough to give it another try

Thanks

Application for league participation. Long time RD member inactive for 6 years because of health issues. Healed up enough to dust off the race rig and try again. 6+year member of PrestoGP F1 league.

PM Server password please please
Will do in about 12 hours, not on PC atm... Glad to have you with us!

I'll try joining back the F1 races, I'm not 100% okay yet, so the entire hours could be tricky for me but I'll do my best and grind my teeth..

In the meantime my son updated windows to the version 11 without telling me, and even though I don't know if that's the actual reason, it screwed up my CM / SOL, to the point that I can't run VR with post processing otherwise the environment will look to dark, and the game will have massive stuttering and brief unresponsiveness (1-2 seconds) several times along the lap.
I'm trying to find a way to restore the full functionality, but the one thing that bothers me more is that without PP the car's display and its figures have too low contrast (light grey over farm grey), and the LEDs of the RPM counter are not visible. Do anybody know how to fix this without enabling post processing?

HI omar, i had the same problems. you can try setting the post processing filter to default instead of sol for now to try and help with the darkness. for the stuttering when i went form 10 to 11 a few days ago my motion smoothing setting got turned of in my VR headsets options. hope this helps.

Last edited:
HI omar, i had the same problems. you can try setting the post processing filter to default instead of sol for now to try and help with the darkness. for the stuttering when i went form 10 to 11 a few days ago my motion smoothing setting got turned of in my VR headsets options. hope this helps.
Thanks for the tips Jason! I will make further tests in the weekend, as unfortunately I already autonomously tried setting the filter to default but it didn't change. Also tried (following some advice found on the net) to downgrade CM a couple versions but without results.

What a shame, was one of my best races in the Agile and AC just crashed to CM with about 15 minutes to go sayin "race cancelled". Strange why this happened. Internet connection is there but somethings not right with it. Thx Vodafone or whatever happened there. So goodbye podium.......Shxx

Thanks all for racing! Great job for everyone who finished it. Bad luck for who had to leave or got disconnected. I think I have a bit of understanding for the F1 guys this Sunday. What a demanding track!

Hank: I saw you warping a lot. Your ping was really bad:
1686861366786.png

Survival of the fittest?

My goal for tonight: stay focused and stay on the track. Managed to do that in the race just until the final laps of the race. Lost focus here and there earlier on, but could save some chicanes with waking up on time :cool: . Had to drive around some unfortunate colleagues, and managed not to thit them this time! Improving :cool:

Had Paul hunting me down, closing in every lap, but I managed to get some sort of 'consistency' every now and then and I was hoping to keep Paul behind till the end.

But... my only big crash tonight was when I had Fulvio in my mirrors, few laps from the finish, blue flag, decided to let him and Axel by on the next straight, but then I overpowered the chicane in the back, sending my more than willing Agile into the pointy bit of a barrier, flipping 30 times or so, landing in the bushes and sinking through the map, into the nether (as my kids would say in Minecraft). Bummer. Hell mode indeed, Fulvio :roflmao:.

So back to the pit, cost me one lap and got on the track just in front of... Fulvio :laugh::laugh::confused::roflmao:. Gave it my best again to stay out of his (and Axels) claws, but one lap later, just touched the grass a little, making me shoot off and let them both by.

Finished 6th place, due to faster guys quitting. But nevertheless I'm quite pleased that I managed to stay on the grey stuff so many laps.

Thanks guys, congrats to the podium, thanks Marcus and Han!

this win was unexpected , starting from last i was thinkin about the podium but when i saw the pace of the top3 in race i was kinda concern about how can i catch them with that gap but with some mistakes of the cars infront of me i was able to close the gap i was on the limit in some points risking way too much but i guess we was all there. Axel i didnt know why you let me by some laps you were faster but then you started in the 2 half to drop the pace . Congratz to Axel , Thomas and Jason nice pace , Ernie with another grief argh and Boukah for the flying show saw that in the rear mirror . ty Han as always for hosting and the rest of the grid for being clean. Edit : sorry to Feng if i had a contact with you but on my screen was no contact i can even send you my part of the replay if you need that

Last edited:
My race: 50 minutes time trial in safe mode (better on this car for me) and 10 minutes full action! Bad mistake 10 minutes to go which put Han right in front of me. Then the gap even increased and I now thought it was all or nothing. I was able to come back. An overtaking maneuver that was too aggressive got Han into trouble, that was already on the last lap. I returned the position. There was still half a lap to go. On the last straight, I was just able to squeeze past and finish the position I had been in for 50 minutes.

Overall a great event! :thumbsup:

Thanks all for racing! Great job for everyone who finished it. Bad luck for who had to leave or got disconnected. I think I have a bit of understanding for the F1 guys this Sunday. What a demanding track!

Hank: I saw you warping a lot. Your ping was really bad:
View attachment 671850
Hmm OK. Usually it's always good. I only saw the extreme warping of the other cars. And always at the same places on the track. Maybe that helps to solve the problem.

sorry to Feng if i had a contact with you but on my screen was no contact i can even send you my part of the replay if you need that

No worries Fulvio. I normally let people go by on the straights, but in this case you were really close and I didn't want to hold you up so tried to get off the line to let you pass inside. Probably a bad idea.

It was a tough race, but I finished :)

Since I am in US, my ping was always long in the 150ms range. But I didn't seem to have much problem seeing people around me. In one case someone passed me, went through the wall, and disappeared. Hopefully it wasn't because of me.

Thanks to Han for organizing the race!

Dai

Well that was a crap race and all my fault.
Ok i thought, everyone has played catchup with this car and i am no longer only a second off the leading pace in quali but i know i can be consistant in the 28,s so should be ok for a reasonable end result.
Not to be as i hit turn one with the intension with making up a few places, touched Han in the side as i was using more road which caused me to spin with cold tyres, damn i thought as it was not important to make places so early, then not helped by Dai using the front of his car as a bulldozer but hey we have all done it.
So, damage limitation i thought. Now in last place, been here before and just need to settle in and recover which i did. Passed a few spun cars and closed in on Paul and Ernie who had obviously had problems. Ok, i thought i might slowly be getting back into this one then on the last chicane i hit Paul hard in the rear as i was way to close. Sorry again Paul.
For some unknown reason i hit the teleport to pit button by mistake and am now down a whole lap plus pit time. I continued for some laps with half decent pace trying to unlap myself which was more frustrating than fun with a now heavy car and i still had to pit again so i quit.
So cross with myself as i practice a lot for these races and then threw it all away.
Maybe next time guys :thumbsup:

Latest News

Back