AMS2 Rookies | P3 @ Oulton Park Island - Friday May 6, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Really loving this series. Had a total brain fart part way in the second race. Span it and stalled, so I got going again and totally forgot to move my foot from the clutch to the brake.... went into the next corner wondering why the engine was revving like mad! :D

That was absolute bedlam and I loved it :D

Second race I spent most of my time in a melee with Bram, wondering which banzai move one of us was going to try next - I felt like an injured mouse being tossed around by a playful cat :roflmao: Bram opted to put us all in hardcore mode by wiping out all the crucial braking markers, and at that point I was entering most corners with my eyes closed. Pure insanity from start to finish, 10/10 Friday night entertainment. I love this series.

Thanks for a great session everyone, and cheers again to Bram for organising!
I had such good fun again. Thanks for the battles :inlove:

I had a terrible time as I had a problem with my brake pedal, I don't think I braked in the same place twice for any corner, lost all confidence so was 2 seconds slower than my previous practice laps. Hopefully sorted in time for next session.
Thanks Bram for organinsg and look forward to the next one.

Was going to join, did not want to embarrass myself with a sim I have just got last week, plus not a clue about setups at all or anything about AMS 2.
Can anyone tell me, if you are allowed, the sort of times you did in this race.
I was really shocked at how good this sim is.:)

Was going to join, did not want to embarrass myself with a sim I have just got last week, plus not a clue about setups at all or anything about AMS 2.
seriously doubt you would embarrass yourself chap. you could always pedal whatever you picked in AC plenty fast enough! In the race, the normal peeps were doing 1:20, but a few of the faster ones dipped into the 19. I tend to stick to default setup, with maybe a few tweaks to brake bias if I am locking up or swapping ends

Could do with more rookie drivers (I don't think you are a new sim racer judging by Scott's comments) as there only a few new drivers at the back like me and Jim and some close racing at the back of the field would improve this series for us.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back