AMS2 Rookies | P3 @ Campo Grande - Friday 15 April 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
@Bram Hengeveld sign me up please, looks like fun :)

*Sorry if this has been mentioned, I just took the car for a spin to learn the track but can hardly hear the engine at all. Wind noise is drowning it out apart from gear shifts etc which are coming through at the right level?

Last edited:
You might try to change camera/view. Be sure to use cockpit and not helmet view. Helmet view usess muffled sounds.
Yeh I've tried flicking through all views, only chase view blasts the engine sound out at a normal level. It's like all other views are in a helmet cam mode but only for the engine sounds :(

Ok, the the only thing I can think of, is try to check if headphone mix is ON in game sound options - if you are using headphones.
Edit: and verify game files in steam if nothing else works.

Last edited:
I'll give this a miss, still can't sort the sound issue. Tried the other p3 cars and some other open wheelers and the sound levels are fine. Quick video below - shifting and other noises are massively louder than the engine despite the engine volume being 100 and everything else lower.

Compared to Damian's Video

Last edited:
Update: I've fixed it but I'm not entirely sure why!

I read a few posts where people were reporting almost none existent engine sounds and one guy fixed it by turning on Windows Sonic for Headphones. I did the same and hey presto the car sounds are working fine for that car now. I can only guess it's something to do with the way the realtek driver processes the sounds from that car. Headphones are plugged directly in to the PC and set to stereo (not using my surround speakers) All a bit weird but at least it's working now.

Screenshot 2022-04-15 000411.png

Sim racing isn't something you should do if you knowingly have a bad connection tbh. You're just going to ruin someone else's race.
that's why I'm asking man, it's not bad connection as such, it's being from Australia.

I race RF2, AMS 1, iracing etc on European servers without issue, but I haven't done any races in AMS2 as yet so I'm not up to speed with how it handles higher (stable) ping. If it was an issue then of course I would pull over and exit the race, might just give it a miss anyway in that case.

@SwannyUK i had this the other day with the new F1 2022 car (had actually no engine sounds at all, sounded like formula e).

After selecting another car and then the f12022 it was gone.

Weird random bug, but interesting to report to the devs

@SwannyUK i had this the other day with the new F1 2022 car (had actually no engine sounds at all, sounded like formula e).

After selecting another car and then the f12022 it was gone.

Weird random bug, but interesting to report to the devs
Yeh, it is a bit weird. Sign me up for tonight now I've sorted it :thumbsup: Seems like a fun car

1650046608554.png

Did any of you have this option set to "yes"? It muffles the sounds, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually show the helmet with people who use a 21:9 screen or triple monitors.

Latest News

Back