AMS2 Rookies | P3 @ Campo Grande - Friday 15 April 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
ss104317-jpg.549758

We have discovered a new hidden gem in AMS2. The MetalMoro MRX Duratec P3. This little prototype with a small low powered engine in combination with lots of grip makes for an easy to handle rookies car.

Are you new to simracing, aka a rookie, and want to race with more experienced simracers who will show you the ropes and help you as much as they can during a casual fun online event, don't miss out and sign up today! (experienced drivers are of course very much welcome as always!)

You will not get any faster or skilled by not racing online, you will only get faster with online practice and resistance with other real drivers surrounding you. Especially when these drivers are your friendly fellow community members who are happy to assist you with driving tips, techniques or even setups. Simply join us on Discord during the event and chat away. We don't bite, I promise :)

Do you want to become a better pilot, take your chance now and start your online sim racing career here on RD and sign up in the comments below. :)

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Server Password: brit
Server Settings: open setups, factory settings
Track: Campo Grande
Cars: MetalMoro MRX Duratec P3
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Time Table

Practice: 19:00 UTC / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST / 21:30 CEST (10 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC / 20:40 BST / 21:40 CEST (20 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Bram Hengeveld
  2. Paul_V
  3. Andrew Leach
  4. GeekyDeaks
  5. acidburn82uk
  6. Kees Veenstra
  7. Smidgey
  8. JussiS
  9. nepal roade
  10. F2020
  11. MoerasGrizzly
  12. Kryztov
  13. Kurupt CDN
  14. MarkModdy
  15. Gasper Zupan
  16. Piotrek Blaszczak
  17. Fiberoptix
  18. Shawn Jacobs
  19. SwannyUK
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

Last edited:
I do like this car/track combo. I did a bunch of races against the AI and actually managed to post the top time on the leaderboard! (at the time of writing). The time-trail system auto-records changed setups, you can download mine there as well as having a nice ghost to run against.

Some notes from me - bearing in mind that I'm hardly an expert:
  1. I have not yet figured out how to prevent the right-side tires from heating up a bunch more then the left ones. Pumping up the left tyres a little bit does seem to help with stability later in the race, but just the sheer act of turning into T5 and T6 just puts a lot of strain on the right-side tires and after a couple of laps that does seem to make braking slightly more erratic.
  2. You can lower quite a bit of rear-wing (and some front-wing for that matter) without affecting car balance: The car mainly becomes less understeery in the high speed corners and the low speed corners are almost entirely dependant on what you do with your feet. Default rear-wing downforce really seems a bit too much for the short races we're running.
  3. T5. T6 and T7 is a lovely section where I suspect there will be some visible difference in how people have set-up their downforce. T6 requires a decent amount of it, but you can overtake people on the straight if you get your drafting and top speed right.
  4. This car loves trailbraking!
  5. I did try to de-tooth the differential a bit but it actually doesn't matter that much in terms of stability.
  6. Before I started chasing them, the top-time on the leaderboard was set by someone who had not adjusted their setup at all. If you feel the car is fine as-is, just take the default setup and mabye increase the final drive ratio from 2.8 to 3 (this should give you some room for drafting still, but lets you get a little bit more out of that long straight).
  7. Be careful when practicing entirely in the time-trail section, as a time-trail optimized lap ad setup won't account for tyre degredation or the effects of drafting.
  8. In quite a few corners on track there's a lot of time to be gained by putting your foot in earlier. I personally found that I have a tendency to turn in too early too, there seem to be a bunch of late apexes. T3 in particular seems to benefit loads from early throttle.
  9. The trick to T7 and T8 seems to be to stick to the left side on the exit of T7 and use that to hit the T8 apex properly, but I'm not too sure if there's an actual clear line through those two.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back