AC ROOKIE EVENT (also non premium)Mazda MX5@Laguna Seca, Thu 17th August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'd like to try to join. I added Premium today to Race Department but am not familiar with the Emperor account?
Hi Adam,

That's great! You're very welcome. I'll send you a PM with everything you need, including the Emperor account credentials which I will create for you.

See you on track!

First of all, dear Ernie, I´m really sorry for our "Tete-a_Butt" in T5, corner was yours.
If I had the right to expect my space, well, the race director in heaven may decide :notworthy:

Han, thanks for organizing, shame the Rookie fraction is on holiday ,too.
Though we some really strong "first impressions here":inlove:
Don´t you dare come over to our weekly races, enough fricking fast .....faces there :p

Beginning of the race was quite lively, a lot going on around me. After making some mistakes under pressure i was left behind, cruised a little, improved my PB, was astonished how bad the tyres degraded though looking good on the tyre app.
Pit stopped, tyre changed drove it home collecting freebies.

Nice race Carsten

Thank you very much. I really enjoyed the race again, even if there was a lot of space in front of me and behind me most of the time. Therefore I had the opportunity to practice a little and I could reduce sliding more and more with the tires getting colder and colder...
The second lesson was to read the description of the race and that there was a mandatory pit stop. I started with a full tank. The third lesson was to start Crew Chief before the race and not to try this during the race.

Last edited:
First of all, dear Ernie, I´m really sorry for our "Tete-a_Butt" in T5, corner was yours.
If I had the right to expect my space, well, the race director in heaven may decide :notworthy:

Han, thanks for organizing, shame the Rookie fraction is on holiday ,too.
Though we some really strong "first impressions here":inlove:
Don´t you dare come over to our weekly races, enough fricking fast .....faces there :p

Beginning of the race was quite lively, a lot going on around me. After making some mistakes under pressure i was left behind, cruised a little, improved my PB, was astonished how bad the tyres degraded though looking good on the tyre app.
Pit stopped, tyre changed drove it home collecting freebies.

Nice race Carsten
I certainly did not blame either of us, you have to make the decision at the time, I should have not made a bee line for the apex, I had assumed I had enough room.
in hind sight I would have made a wider swing, or you could say you should have backed out of it, so we both made a wrong choice. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

if it had been me, I would have accepted the mistake i made, backed out and waited for me to make a mistake, you would not have had to wait for long.:p:p:p

if you had not run wide, I had already decided I was just going to follow you for the rest of the race. that was until I was handed an unexpected gift, well I just had to take it.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I could just about keep up.:)

Thank everybody for the clean race (and previous sessions)!
MX-5s at Laguna are always a nice combo.

I was worried about tire wear since I didn't test too much, luckily I've had far fewer hairy moments than in qualifying and, I guess, never over-stressed those poor semi-slicks; I also started with an almost full tank since I wasn't so sure about the strategy and when to pit. A 45.9 was there, somewhere, but I couldn't manage to put it together.

Thanks again: I'll try to stick around and race more with all of you!

Sorry I had to leave @1 still a 1/2 engineer and had a meeting dropped in my blocking the time off in my schedule didn't work.

Had a great time but continue to struggle with very high pings, occasional lags, and times 2+ sec slower than offline with the same weather/temp set as the server.

Thanks for organizing.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back