AC ROOKIE EVENT (also non premium)Lotus 25/Ferrari 312/67@Zolder 1967, Tue 15th August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
David-Coulthard-driving-Jim-Clarks-Lotus-25-at-Silverstone.jpg

b55225eeb3fdc60382dc866cf8986ee3.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. ALSO FOR NON PREMIUM MEMBERS!

Welcome to a rookie event at the historic Zolder 1967 - with these two classic cars from the period.

Built in 1963, Zolder hosted the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix on 10 separate occasions in the 1970s and 1980s, as well as the 1980 Belgian motorcycle Grand Prix. F1 moved to Zolder in 1973 and with the exception of a race at Nivelles-Baulers in 1974, Zolder was the location of the Belgian Grand Prix until 1982. That year, Canadian driver Gilles Villeneuve was killed during qualifying at the 1982 Belgian Grand Prix. Villeneuve's Ferrari 126C2 collided at speed with the March 821 of Jochen Mass. The Ferrari was torn up in the accident and when rolling, Villeneuve was thrown from the car.

After Villeneuve's death, the Belgian Grand Prix was held at Spa-Francorchamps in 1983, before returning to Zolder one final time in 1984. Fittingly, Ferrari driver Michele Alboreto won the race carrying Villeneuve's #27 on his car. Since 1985, the Belgian Grand Prix has permanently moved to Spa.

Regulars must take the nimble Lotus 25 and rookies the Ferrari 312/67.

This event will be hosted by @JamKart22

1691667057455.png

Practice 60 mins
Qualify 20 mins
Race format 45 mins

Practice server is running - so get practicing

Special features for this rookie event:

• Non premium members can also sign up
  • Fast car for rookies (Ferrari), slow car for regulars (Lotus).
  • Regulars can sign up but rookies have priority. With full grid regulars will be put on reserve list.
  • You will receive a personal message with information and tips for newcomers.
  • Questions can be asked in this thread and will be answered by the staff member. Or send a PM to him.
  • The race is hosted and attended by the organizing staff member
    • To monitor the race.
    • To kick participants who deliberate cause incidents (we want clean and respectful racing)
    • To give tips and advice for improvement after the race based on the replay (when asked for).

To sign up for this event:
  • ROOKIES: Make sure you have entered your real name in your RDAccount/Account Details. There's a field called 'Real Name'. It's for our internal communication only.
  • ROOKIES: Post in this thread with your SteamID that you want to participate . You will receive a PM with the password to join and some extra information with tips.
  • Regulars can sign up as normal via Emperor https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/65844852-46bb-4473-8f14-90e7a1fbf884?server=1 but have also to post in this thread. You will get the password via a PM.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. https://discord.com/invite/3YQezcZRHM

Server information:

• Server: #02 RaceDepartment(Available throughout the race week for practice) Password: will be sent via PM
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice (you can join any time, you don't have to be there at the start).
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Lotus 25, Ferrari 312/67
  • Track: Zolder 1967, Belgium https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/zolder-1967.62156/
  • Pit stop: not mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%

Useful Links:

Entry list:
1691783726266.png

Attachments

• 1691663539900.png
    1691663539900.png
    325.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Very much, yes! Everyone who has finished in front of me, is regarded as a regular:p!
Ooooooh, that means I can drive a Ferrari?
(yesterday you didn´t manage to bugger up that bad as to drop behind me. By a hair though :p)

Bold car choice for a Rookie Event and another sneaky attempt to promote your favorite car :thumbsup:

(no, not in yet, not on speaking terms with the lotus right now:()

Ooooooh, that means I can drive a Ferrari?
(yesterday you didn´t manage to bugger up that bad as to drop behind me. By a hair though :p)

Bold car choice for a Rookie Event and another sneaky attempt to promote your favorite car :thumbsup:

(no, not in yet, not on speaking terms with the lotus right now:()
It's Colins event, Carsten. I'm just the provider of the thread:O_o:.

Hello !

It's been a little while, I recently moved to a new house and needed some time to have the internet back for my computer and I also bought a new simrig !

This seems a nice event to come back and try my first race with the rig ! Could I join please ?
I don't know when you declare someone regular or not, I suppose it's a bit early I've race only two times with you all, what would you say ?

Thank you ! :D

Hello !

It's been a little while, I recently moved to a new house and needed some time to have the internet back for my computer and I also bought a new simrig !

This seems a nice event to come back and try my first race with the rig ! Could I join please ?
I don't know when you declare someone regular or not, I suppose it's a bit early I've race only two times with you all, what would you say ?

Thank you ! :D
Well you were very fast last time:
1691669590164.png

But as these are very different cars, I think it's allright to sign up as a Rookie.

Last edited:
Hi, an orange Ferrari with all extras please!
Hi Dirk,
You can register yourself with the Emperor account I gave you. Just click on the link in the 1st post to sign up for the Regulars (you don't have to choose the Lotus). .

Last edited:
Hi Dirk,
You can register yourself with the Emperor account I gave you. Just click on the link in the 1st post to sign up for the Regulars (you don't have to choose the Lotus). .
Thank you Han!
Do I need a new password for "RaceDepartment.com Server 2"? The password for the last event on server 1 don't work.

Latest News

Back