AC RDGTC Round 2 - Silverstone - Sunday 19th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
When I connect to the practise server I get "checksum failed you have been kicked". I installed the skins and the name changes. Any ideas how to find out why it is happening? Thanks if anybody can help.
In your documents/assetto corsa/log (or out?) shout be 2 log files.
Iirc one of these should have the checksum error listed together with the issue that caused it.

Just curious, the race tomorrow, will it be on server 4, or the more recent practice server 3? Wondering because auto clutch is turned off on server 4, but turned on on server 3. I usually wouldn't notice, but my 1st gear is slooow off the line without a dab of the clutch to pump up revs.

Just curious, the race tomorrow, will it be on server 4, or the more recent practice server 3? Wondering because auto clutch is turned off on server 4, but turned on on server 3. I usually wouldn't notice, but my 1st gear is slooow off the line without a dab of the clutch to pump up revs.

Server 3 was just quickly thrown up to help @hape try to sort his connection. I can add auto clutch if it helps though!?

When I connect to the practise server I get "checksum failed you have been kicked". I installed the skins and the name changes. Any ideas how to find out why it is happening? Thanks if anybody can help.

Hi time. It is saying you have an incorrect data file for one of the cars. Ferrucio 55. Suggest checking you have the correct files installed for that and the rest of the cars.

Hi time. It is saying you have an incorrect data file for one of the cars. Ferrucio 55. Suggest checking you have the correct files installed for that and the rest of the cars.
Thanks Brian, I just downloaded the GT pack from RSS and installed it again. I think I messed up the naming mod, seems to be ok now as I can join server 3 but server 4 crashes and I get "unable to connect.." I notice the 575 GTC is greyed out for me on server 4 too.. Reading above it looks like I need to get server 4 working...?

1676794788670.png

Edit: I haven't installed any skins if that causes a problem?

Last edited:
Then it should be the same for server 3 afaik.
But not sure how AC handles it...
You should install the skins listed in the opening post anyway though, otherwise the cars with these skins are just white, iirc!
I can join server 3 but server 4 crashes and I get "unable to connect.." I notice the 575 GTC is greyed out for me on server 4 too.. Reading above it looks like I need to get server 4 working...?
Hape had a similar issue. Can you check your log files?
Hape's error was:

RaceManager::initOnline
[ports stuff]
TCP connect returns: 0
ERROR: RaceManager :: Handshake FAILED

For him, Brian had the first letter in upper case instead if lower case in "hape" so the steam ID was linked to the wrong user or something like that.
Did you log into ACSM yet? Hape couldn't until Brian did something there.

If you can't get into acsm, the errors are probably linked.

Thanks Brian, I just downloaded the GT pack from RSS and installed it again. I think I messed up the naming mod, seems to be ok now as I can join server 3 but server 4 crashes and I get "unable to connect.." I notice the 575 GTC is greyed out for me on server 4 too.. Reading above it looks like I need to get server 4 working...?

View attachment 641508

Server 4 should be working for you now, Tim.

That was a tough race. I always had cars in front of me or behind me. No time to rest. It's really not easy with these cars for me. Mainly because of the very different driving characteristics that I feel, depending on how good the tires are. Great race, congratulations to everyone at the finish and especially to the riders in front.

@Interslice, was that a "golden rule moment" just before the end? I felt like your car started spinning, you hit the brakes and that's how I hit you. I'm not sure. If I did something wrong then I'm sorry.

Great event, as always on Sundays! :thumbsup:

@Interslice, was that a "golden rule moment" just before the end? I felt like your car started spinning, you hit the brakes and that's how I hit you. I'm not sure. If I did something wrong then I'm sorry.

Nah that was me finding the limit of tyres! I was happy just to not take someone down with me!

Took an early pit to try and recover some of the positions i lost after getting spun awkwardly by rasmus' car on lap 2/3. Thought i was through the gap beside the collision, but the lister got spat sideways out of a pile of cars.
On another day I could have been away in P3 with a few seconds of a gap. That's racing!
Instead it was down the back and no straight line speed to pass anyone, not least @Alfred Wayne's wagging dodge!
Early stop almost worked out as a pretty good recovery… but in the slow corners on the last 2 laps the car turned undrivable. Lost 3 spots but it was to be expected with very red tyres!

Last edited:
That was a very nice race for me!
Start went alright, lost a place, gained a place, cars all around me, tippy toes on cold mediums and lots of fuel!

Gave Hank a little bump into Brooklands while trying not to hit him but also NOT locking up and pushing us both into the wall. Sorry for that! Glad you survived unscathed :D

And then the always careful Ernie decided that side-by-side into Copse would be a good idea :roflmao:
I braked extra late and tried to turn in as late as possible but I already saw his tyre smoke in the right mirror (thanks to the Lister).
I just went a little wide but Ernie's car did some massive slide (luckily no full spin afaik?).

After than I tucked in behind Richard and Aki and got closer due to their battle.
Sadly they had a coming together in the first sector and I couldn't dodge them :(
Aki left the race, Richard lost many places.
I got hit twice but could continue with some cars around me again. (Maybe the Copse scene with Ernie happened then, I don't know :roflmao:).

After that I noticed that I took a bit too much fuel out before getting way too many predicted laps after my qualy laps.
With Tim getting closer behind me, I short shifted a lot but I lost more time than I saved fuel.

When he would've started to try an overtake, I went into the pits but had to put 30L in instead of 21L, which cost me about 7s.

After the usual pit-shuffle, Tim was nowhere to be found and I had Laurent (and Reik ofc) in front, with Ernie only 4s behind me now! :O_o::cautious::confused:

I pushed and pushed and at some point I was closer to Laurent than I was to Ernie and felt like I might have a chance on P2 but a slightly too optimistic exit out of Luffield saw me doing some triple-wiggle while almost breaking some fingers :barefoot::roflmao:
Wide awake again! :poop:

Caught the car but had Ernie only 1.5s behind me now with 3 laps to go!

I managed the gap and was convinced to bring it home when Ernie started to push to snatch P3 from me!
I think he wouldn't have gotten close enough in the last lap but he lost it at the exit of Stowe in any case :(

Luckily he kept his P4 :)

Great race overall! Some action here and there, wrestling with the car, not too much stress, no loneliness for me!

And my balls finally have some freedom now.
I spent every free hour on it from yesterday 6pm until mid-qualy (thanks for the delay btw! Not sure I would've done a qualy lap otherwise).

These Fanatec V3 look so simple with their 3 poles and the spacer-sleeves. But they are definitely not! My brain hurt like crazy, lol.
I tried to use as many original spacers but had to change and re-print 4 pieces, then 2 another time.

But clutch and throttle are at the maximum distance with the brake as much on the left as possible.
Way better now!

Before:
Fanatec_V3_Default.jpg

After:
Fanatec_V3_Modded.jpg

If someone wants the CAD data, STLs or the printed pieces sent over, drop me a PM :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back