AC RDGT4 Championship Round 3 - Thruxton - 27th March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Get well soon Axel and Tim! Sorry to see you leaving the race!

@Allan Ramsbottom sorry for the messy last chicane in lap 1. I hope it was fine that I continued? If not feel free to put Brian and me into a PM!
I said on Discord that I'd give you the place back when you'd get close but sadly you got caught up with the cars behind us..

Race report:
Had to check a message on my phone between qualy and race and just made it to the grid with the lights coming on. Geez!
Sadly I forgot to load my race setup but luckily my qualy setup had 70L in it for some reason from the practice session last week...
I had a 7s gap to @Programmer_Rich that got a bit smaller with each lap so I decided to take some pressure off myself and do the undercut to then hunt HIM instead of having him behind.
Missed my pits by about 1mm, had to reverse, then saw my qualy setup had 30L set for refuelling...................................................................
Yeah, never saw Richard again :roflmao: :whistling:

I was pretty gutted about it. Not because P2 or P3 meant much to me, I was super happy about making it to the podium either way!
But for me, the Ginetta feels quite different with more 30L in the tank and I wasn't enjoying going from 34L back to 64L at all.

Clean race apart from that though, mega happy about P3! :)

Wife started to hoovering as I started the race. Some how the sound of a whirring electric motor just ruined the whole experience for me.
Plus we have to move out of the flat tomorrow, moving into the smallest flat in the world. Bit of an exaggeration but not far off.
So my “off”made me decide to strip the rig down for tomorrow’s move.

Decided to get rid of stuff, does anyone want a PC, thought I would put it here first.
Water cooled Intel i5 9600k Rog strix “mini itx” mother board 4.8Ghz, 3600 16Gb of ram , RTX 2080, 1200w silverstone power supply, 1Tb of ssd , windows 10 key. £850.
I just do not have the space to keep it now.:-/

Managed two laps, this race will not linger in my memory for long.
But sorry to everyone, for the early departure, and a Thankyou to @Interslice for the organisation. And a well done to podiums. :)

Last edited:
That was a mixed bag of a race for me, pace was coming back slowly and made a lot of progress with understanding the car during the race and was starting to feel finally a bit comfortable 40mins in.

Was really struggling with trailbraking and getting horrible oversteer when releasing the brakes (Might just be case of my knowledge of setups going MIA during these 2 yrs without driving at all... :D) But it was so wierd how the car was so nervous the first half of the race and felt amazingly balanced the second half. 1 wing wasn't such a bad decision after all.

But good battles with @Allan Ramsbottom and @Programmer_Rich, the latter which I just couldn't get past :D Tried to push him into a mistake which never came. Then tried the undercut and overshot my box like 15meters and there went that opportunity(forgot that I had the first box :D)

But once again good fun all n' all, and a big thanks to the organisers !

Last edited:
Wife started to hoovering as I started the race. Some how the sound of a whirring electric motor just ruined the whole experience for me.
Plus we have to move out of the flat tomorrow, moving into the smallest flat in the world. Bit of an exaggeration but not far off.
So my “off”made me decide to strip the rig down for tomorrow’s move.

Decided to get rid of stuff, does anyone want a PC, thought I would put it here first.
Water cooled Intel i5 9600k Rog strix “mini itx” mother board 4.8Ghz, 3600 16Gb of ram , RTX 2080, 1200w silverstone power supply, 1Tb of ssd , windows 10 key. £850.
I just do not have the space to keep it now.:-/

Managed two laps, this race will not linger in my memory for long.
But sorry to everyone, for the early departure, and a Thankyou to @Interslice for the organisation. And a well done to podiums. :)
I hope the move is going on well!
Are you staying in the same region?

@JoelK I enjoyed seeing you on my realtime app again after quite a few years not racing together! :)
Looking forward to battle with you on track! If your pistop would've been even worse than mine, I guess we'd have had some hunting season at the pit exit :D

@RasmusP
Yes Rasmus , moved from Rochester Kent to Langley Maidstone Kent. About a 30 minutes drive in the 21st century, a 15 minute drive in the 20th century. You have to laugh. :)
I was only once in the UK, Canterbury region when about 9 years old. Only remembering the hovercrafts at Dover and that everything was green and beautiful there :geek: Probably the only week of the year without rain haha.
Quick google lets me assume that you moved out of a city to a more calm and "rural" place?

20th vs 21st century traffic.. I'm only driving since 2009 but I can already tell a massive difference in traffic density here in Hamburg!
I always think "Man, were do all these cars and people come from?!?!"
Then I'm remembering myself that I am one of them too, dang! :roflmao:

I hope the move is going on well!
Are you staying in the same region?

@JoelK I enjoyed seeing you on my realtime app again after quite a few years not racing together! :)
Looking forward to battle with you on track! If your pistop would've been even worse than mine, I guess we'd have had some hunting season at the pit exit :D
Likewise ! Also if I wouldn't had gone T1 and spun, I think we would've been really close towards the end, cause our gap in the end was ~10sec :D

Hadn't a great launch, need to work them! I got caught a bit through turn 1 kink. Got a bit of a door bang in the first chicane and door banged someone else as a result. Hope they sayed alive, couldn't tell who it was.. Lost some time but gained places due to the early carnage.

Had some nice battles throughout with @Alfred Wayne. I also messed up my late pit stop, caught out by the angle of the pit box I had to do a small reverse. This gave @hape the opportunity to steal P5 in the last corner. He had the better pace and was ahead before the braking zone so i could only hope he hit the tyre stack. No such luck! Got over the line just in front of my teammate though :)

Thanks to all for racing. This was a challenging track and an unknown for most in a GT car. A few guys got the full BTCC experience :/

Next week we're at the newburgring. As mentioned before, we are going to try the RSR GT cars to see how they go. Hope to see you all there.

Last edited:
@Interslice Think that was me who bumped doors with you 1st lap, but as we both saw, I managed to hang around, in front, and behind you for the rest of the race :laugh: Looks like you're the faster team organic racing driver this week :thumbsup:

Besides my race long battle with Brian and a few others up in p6-10, my day started with a very poor quali and ended with 10 gained/stolen spots :geek: . First race in a bit where I came away feeling good about my drive

Fun track when you get it right, but man, when you go off, you get a loooot of time to think about your mistake :roflmao:

See you all at Brands Hatch!

Last edited:
For me personally one of the most boring races I've ever had, but glad to hear others had fun. :)

It looked like it could've been a close race based on qualifying, but even before Tim dropped out, I was able to create a gap without pushing too much.

The track further highlighted the things I don't like about this car. It just has far too much grip. Most of the track was flatout, with just a small lift at the start of the endless right hander. The track is much more technical in other cars I've driven around here. The second issue is that the tires basically don't wear. Normally at Thruxton, the front left is screaming in agony after barely 15 minutes of racing, but with this car, I was able to still push for 1.12 in the last couple of laps. (I didn't quite get it because I kept messing up the chicane at the end of a good lap :( )

Highlight however was Allan's headlights coming straight towards me in the chicane, while he was frantically looking for the pitlane entrance. :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Back